Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Civic vs SVT

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
Civic vs SVT

So I am at the local dragstrip last wednsday and some kid I know wanted to race me. He has a 03 Ford focus SVT. Sp I'm thinking this kids going to smoke me right!!? He's got all the bolt ons, I/H/E, suspension the works. Now 2 years ago my buddy had one at it was pretty fast, faster than my civic, he ran 15.9@92mph, while I had a sad 16.7@84mph. I figure I am screwed so I figure what the hell lets go!! At the light waiting for the tree to start, hes reving the **** out of his motor, and then, BOOM!!
Dumb *** blew somthing up in the motor just as we started. Funniest thing I have ever seen I got a 16.2@86 he got a 3500$ bill!!

Last edited by civydcex; 08-30-2006 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-30-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Ha! sad way to win but it's yours to keep.
Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

TOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the rough
one of the only ways a d17 could beat a SVT lol.
Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
For the difference in power, they are only a couple of tens off. I came close once, lost by a tenth, 16.237 (SVT) 16.344 D174dr. I seen a local guy beat a new 04 SVT witha 02ex coupe, repeadidly!!!!! Just bolt ons. SVT's werent made for 1/4 miles anyway, they were fords way of wasting more money. Also seen a 04 focus ZX3 beat him!!! Obvious bad driver, or car

Last edited by civydcex; 08-31-2006 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
16.2 is pretty good....

BOOM is even better
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
16.2 in an SVT? Don’t they run somewhere in the neighborhood of 170hp stock?
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by swifty2k
16.2 in an SVT? Don’t they run somewhere in the neighborhood of 170hp stock?

Are you impressed or, suprised (slow for an SVT) by the time? Little confused

SVT's arent known for great 1/4 miles. Think I seen a 15.9 on my friends once, when he first got it!!

Last edited by civydcex; 08-31-2006 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-01-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Dude its a ford what did you expect????
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ford sucks.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	67772  
Old 09-01-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civydcex
Are you impressed or, suprised (slow for an SVT) by the time? Little confused

SVT's arent known for great 1/4 miles. Think I seen a 15.9 on my friends once, when he first got it!!
I'm a little suprised!
I figured they'd run a little lower then that
Old 09-02-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Michalo187
Dude its a ford what did you expect????

Exactly, it's a Ford!!!
Old 09-03-2006
Registered!!

Jhonda has a little shameless behaviour in the past
So I am at the local dragstrip last wednsday and some kid I know wanted to race me. He has a 03 Ford focus SVT. Sp I'm thinking this kids going to smoke me right!!? He's got all the bolt ons, I/H/E, suspension the works. Now 2 years ago my buddy had one at it was pretty fast, faster than my civic, he ran 15.9@92mph, while I had a sad 16.7@84mph. I figure I am screwed so I figure what the hell lets go!! At the light waiting for the tree to start, hes reving the **** out of his motor, and then, BOOM!!
Dumb *** blew somthing up in the motor just as we started. Funniest thing I have ever seen I got a 16.2@86 he got a 3500$ bill!!
Not trying to picka fight but If he put a header on his SVTF then hes dumb to start. The svt header is the best on the market overall.
Old 09-04-2006
Registered!!

05civicFun is an unknown quantity at this point
for the most part the best thing you could do with an svt is intake and axle-back, the exhaust is pretty high flow as is and the header, ya, is best for it already. now if we were in europe thats a different story, europe <3's their focus's, and i will admit i like some of them, saw one that was colored just right with a smooth body kit, what really catches the eye was the candy orange over the cf hood that gave it the matching yet still cf look

http://www.european-parts.net/galler...album=1&pos=18

oh the irony of posting a focus on vic site

Last edited by 05civicFun; 09-04-2006 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-04-2006
Registered!!

^^^^ Thats one hell of a focus... even if it is a ford
Old 09-04-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Jhonda
Not trying to picka fight but If he put a header on his SVTF then hes dumb to start. The svt header is the best on the market overall.

No doubt, it is a very good header stock!!! Never said the kid was a genius His car is still in the garage after everything, dont have the money to fix it. I feel bad, but he was one of the shittiest drivers i had ever seen. I know personally i dont rev on my motor like its a indycar, but this guy didi it all the time, including bad shifts. He also hardly ever used 6th gear, he's youg, this should teach him at least to take it a little easier.
Old 09-14-2006
Registered!!

SlowSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Not trying to picka fight but If he put a header on his SVTF then hes dumb to start. The SVT header is the best on the market overall.
True SVT does put factory headers on those but i think they are shorty's or mids at best. he probably upgraded to Longtubes/full length.

But then again on a small displacement motor Longtubes maybe over kill, bigger isn't allways better.

Last edited by SlowSS; 09-14-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by swifty2k
^^^^ Thats one hell of a focus... even if it is a ford

ford in europe builds there cars way better then ford in the states. Even though they share the same name, its almost like they build completely different kinds of cars.

i really love that ford rs with i5 volvo engine in the pic.
Old 09-15-2006
Registered!!

brads05em2 is an unknown quantity at this point
The focus in Europe is identical the the focus in the states. Some Euro foci have smaller motors (1.8L zetec vs 2.0L), different bumpers (don't have to conform to 5 mph crash test), and that is about it.

That link to the focus pic is not a euro focus. That focus belongs to fasttraxfocus in Southern California. I believe the car was sponsored by HKS at one point, but don't quote me. It is one of the nicest looking foci, and one of the fastest. He has done many nice things to the car.

Oh, and comments about the SVT. That kid was stupid. Living on the limiter will kill any motor, not just his. The SVT header is the best on the market, hence why people pay almost twice as much to put it on non-SVT cars. It offers the best tq of any header (other long tubes offer little in that area) and offers about the same hp as other long tubes. It is not a shorty, it is full length. The car isn't as slow as a stock civic, but it isn't lightning fast. There are people with over 325 whp on the stock components.
Old 09-15-2006
Registered!!

5.0calypso93lx is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not just saying this because i like fords, but i'm actually in the market for an svtf along with a 94-00 gsr, and 99-00 si, and i've seen several svtf's run mid to low 15's stock. With intake, pulley, and tune, there have been many in the 14's. The only thing wrong with that svtf you raced was the driver. Like i always say, the best mod to any car is the driver.
Old 09-15-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
^ as a domestic head, why on earth would you want to get a honda?? [gsr, si, etc]

they are gonna be slow as ***** compared to your mustang and ................... FWD. *dies*
Old 09-15-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
^ as a domestic head, why on earth would you want to get a honda?? [gsr, si, etc]

they are gonna be slow as ***** compared to your mustang and ................... FWD. *dies*
You're going to love this, but being the domestic tard i am, i want a reliable, somewhat sporty, fwd, 4 cyl car, for gas mileage and for the winter. I also want something that i can have for a while and not worry about it, and need something to drive when the stang is down getting go fast goodies. I would just get a base model civic or something, but i just can't deal with not having some pep when i press the go pedal. Plus, if i ever want to go fast just go get the stang out.
Old 09-16-2006
Registered!!

SVT's were built for race tracks, not 1/4 miles. The only svt i ever seen do under 15sec was supercharged. For the power diff, they arent much faster than a 7th gen!!!!

Originally Posted by brads05em2
The focus in Europe is identical the the focus in the states. Some Euro foci have smaller motors (1.8L zetec vs 2.0L), different bumpers (don't have to conform to 5 mph crash test), and that is about it.

That link to the focus pic is not a euro focus. That focus belongs to fasttraxfocus in Southern California. I believe the car was sponsored by HKS at one point, but don't quote me. It is one of the nicest looking foci, and one of the fastest. He has done many nice things to the car.

Oh, and comments about the SVT. That kid was stupid. Living on the limiter will kill any motor, not just his. The SVT header is the best on the market, hence why people pay almost twice as much to put it on non-SVT cars. It offers the best tq of any header (other long tubes offer little in that area) and offers about the same hp as other long tubes. It is not a shorty, it is full length. The car isn't as slow as a stock civic, but it isn't lightning fast. There are people with over 325 whp on the stock components.

Yeah I know the kid was stupid, i allready said that !! And the stock header is good, I know!!!!

Do you have proof of the equality of euro vs american versions?

I wouldnt say their identical seeing the rs version has 200+hp and torque. Along with an even better suspension.
This doesnt only apply to the rs, all versions in europe are built a little better!!!
Here a link to the RS focus
http://www.focusrs.net/technical_specifications.htm

Last edited by civydcex; 09-16-2006 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-16-2006
Registered!!

SVT's were built for race tracks, not 1/4 miles. The only svt i ever seen do under 15sec was supercharged. For the power diff, they arent much faster than a 7th gen!!!!/url]

Check out www.svtperformance.com/forums , and go to the svt focus section. Several cars with tune and bolt ons into the 14's. Once again, driver mod is key.
Old 09-17-2006
Registered!!

No thanks, no need to look at more svt's!!! See to many as is,lol!!
I'll take your word on that I think thats to much ford for me!!
Old 09-17-2006
Registered!!

No thanks, no need to look at more svt's!!! See to many as is,lol!!
I'll take your word on that I think thats to much ford for me!!
See too many? They made less SVT cobra's, lightnings, contours, and foci combined in all the years, than 7th gens....
Old 09-17-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx
See too many? They made less SVT cobra's, lightnings, contours, and foci combined in all the years, than 7th gens....

I see them all the time, could care less if there are more 7th gens!!!
Got 2 friends with focus svt's and a buddy with a contour svt which is crap, he will tell you that!!! Never had a problem with ford till i seen my mothers explorer blow the tranny at 45,000 miles!! That is rediculous!!! And her driving wasnt to blame!! I almost bought a svt about 3 years ago, but pulled out because the car i drove wasnt shifting right and saw another tranny problem brewing.
Whatever!!!!!
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

Jhonda has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Got 2 friends with focus svt's and a buddy with a contour svt which is crap, he will tell you that!!! Never had a problem with ford till i seen my mothers explorer blow the tranny at 45,000 miles!! That is rediculous!!! And her driving wasnt to blame!! I almost bought a svt about 3 years ago, but pulled out because the car i drove wasnt shifting right and saw another tranny problem brewing.
Whatever!!!!!
I blew a trans in less than 4000miles cv joint at 4100miles, a arm at 4130miles that was in my 2001 civic, and I was breakin it in easy. NOW THATS FUNKIN REDICULOUS!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2006
Registered!!

I blew a trans in less than 4000miles cv joint at 4100miles, a arm at 4130miles that was in my 2001 civic, and I was breakin it in easy. NOW THATS FUNKIN REDICULOUS!!!!!!!

Well sounds like you bought a lemon!!!! Hope you flipped out and got it fixed!!! Never had a problem yet. 70,000 on it and just an alt was all i had to replace, under war.
Old 09-20-2006
Registered!!

Whatever!!!!!
And the fact that your friends drive them mean what??? I'm about to buy a contour svt actually this week hopefully, and runs 14.9's with bolt ons, and 150k miles on the clock. What would it take for your car to do that???
Old 09-20-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx
And the fact that your friends drive them mean what??? I'm about to buy a contour svt actually this week hopefully, and runs 14.9's with bolt ons, and 150k miles on the clock. What would it take for your car to do that???

Whats your problem man? You asked how i see them all the time i answered by saying i see 3 of them all the time! Good luck with the contour!!

From personal experience the 98's are crap. It dont matter what you say i still could care less if its faster, it's still a ford

If you do get one cool, glad you can run them times, but prove it first then talk crap!! And not for nothin, but this is a civic forum no one would even care. Kinda notice how its just me and you argueing the topic

And as far what it would take my car to do that, i dont care!!! That is not the reason i bought it and never will be!!! I wasn't trying to say I was faster just not much slower than an svt focus. And a 99 civic SI is cheaper and faster on a 1/4 mile than focus svt, that im sure of!! See it weekly at the track.

If i wanted a sports car it sure as hell wouldnt be a ford!! Well maybe a GT, they are sick and 100,000$.
I still is funny to me when I beat 6cyl mustangs daily
Old 09-20-2006
Registered!!

Whats your problem man? You asked how i see them all the time i answered by saying i see 3 of them all the time! Good luck with the contour!!

From personal experience the 98's are crap. It dont matter what you say i still could care less if its faster, it's still a ford

If you do get one cool, glad you can run them times, but prove it first then talk crap!! And not for nothin, but this is a civic forum no one would even care. Kinda notice how its just me and you argueing the topic

And as far what it would take my car to do that, i dont care!!! That is not the reason i bought it and never will be!!! I wasn't trying to say I was faster just not much slower than an svt focus. And a 99 civic SI is cheaper and faster on a 1/4 mile than focus svt, that im sure of!! See it weekly at the track.

If i wanted a sports car it sure as hell wouldnt be a ford!! Well maybe a GT, they are sick and 100,000$.
I still is funny to me when I beat 6cyl mustangs daily
Are you retarded?? I never asked how you saw them all the time. I said they made less SVT's of any make, than in 7th gens alone. I also happen to be very proud of my fords and from my personal experience, had awesome luck with them.

And you are MUCH, MUCH slower than a SVTF. Low 17's compared to mid 15's stock is not even a comparison.

Am i supposed to take it personal that you beat 6 cylinder mustangs daily?? What an accomplishment that is.... Thats also a 17 second car, good for you.

Is the comment about wanting a sports car also supposed to offend me?? Thats why you can spend a couple hundred on my car, and be mid to high 13's with gears and exhaust. Dumb investment there huh?? I see 7th gens on here, that are boosted and can't even get into the 14's. Now don't get me wrong, i have absolutely nothing against 7th gens, in fact i like them, and thats why i'm on these boards, and trying to find stuff to do to my g/f's 01. But i'm just getting sick of this ford hating crap, when all you have is a personal experience story. BTW, if this is a civic forum, why are you here arguing about fords?? I didn't start this thread, thats for damn sure, and i see that YOU did, so you obviously care enough to start a thread....

Last edited by 5.0calypso93lx; 09-20-2006 at 12:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Civic vs SVT