Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

neat kill

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough
neat kill

Ok, I was heading home this afternoon, just hangin out in 6th and I look in the rear veiw and I see a 2003+ Impala. This car is obviously trying its damndest to catch up to me, but honestly I am tired of beating cars that I can't even tell are racing or not. So my thoughts are unless it is and SS I am not racing. I break out into a three lane no one infront, I see him break out way back and he is reeling me in fast, I decide just to keep her in 6th and wait to see just what he thinks he has. Then I see that in the center lane is a mustang 5.0 with atleast and exhaust, "now this may be a bit more fun", I think to myself . So i speed up a bit still in 6th, looking in my rearveiw the unknown impala is closing on me and I am closing on the mustang. The impala comes even just as I pass the mustang. Then I hear the lovely sound of a v-8 downshift. The mustang hits it and I drop her in third, this puts my rmps at 4K (my slow range) and hit it. The mustang pulls the Impala (obviously not an SS) and I hold the mustang even. Then I hit 6k and begin to pull, by 8k in 3rd I am 2 cars. I go all of the way to my 4th-5th shift and have about 7-8 cars on the mustang, I have no idea where the Impala went LOL. We catch the next light and the mustang pulls next to me, I look over and he has two young kids in the car . I hear him rev up so I do the same, the light turns green and we both launch:
-even at the launch
-as I shift to 2nd I have about 1 car
-by third I have 4-5 cars
-by fourth I have 7-8 cars
-as I shift to 5th I let off at more than 10 cars

We both catch the next light and I notice he has his window down so I roll my passenger down. He pulls up and says, "now before you do that again (at this point I am thinking he is going to say he is a cop) do you have nitrous or a turbo". I say "neither", and then he says, "what do you have then?". my response is, "an engine swap". His response is, "bad a$$ and a " and then he pulls off. Never did see the impala again LOL
Old 08-20-2006
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice kill
I bet the look on his face when you started pulling was priceless!
Old 08-20-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
You seen he had kids in the car and still raced him? You're a moron.
Old 08-20-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
You seen he had kids in the car and still raced him? You're a moron.
I have no control over what he does. Do you think that he was not going to go if I didn't?? I don't agree with his actions, but it was a very wide open 6 lane road and they were older so I don't think it was that bad. However, when the kids go home and tell the wife, "hey guess what dad did today" I am sure that she will see things different.
Old 08-20-2006
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
im just waiting for that random 11 second sleeper to creep up on you... its happened to meh.. haha
Old 08-20-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Originally Posted by EMK20a2
I have no control over what he does. Do you think that he was not going to go if I didn't?? I don't agree with his actions, but it was a very wide open 6 lane road and they were older so I don't think it was that bad. However, when the kids go home and tell the wife, "hey guess what dad did today" I am sure that she will see things different.
If he had crashed, it'd be your fault as much as his. People have come along side me and asked me to race, I've told them to **** off. And guess what? They didn't go.
Old 08-21-2006
Registered!!

suthrninca is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DeX
If he had crashed, it'd be your fault as much as his. People have come along side me and asked me to race, I've told them to **** off. And guess what? They didn't go.
I have to agree with EMK20a2. If the guy was looking to race, he's gonna race someone. If he had crashed, it would have been his own fault. It was his decision to risk the lives of his kids. And instead **** off, try no thanks or I don't street race.

Last edited by suthrninca; 08-21-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-21-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
being a father of 2 kids i wouldnt have even let him know i wanted to race. i have had guys pull up next to me with kids and i just laugh. i wont participate in something that is going to put any kids in danger. they are our future. regardless of whether or not he wanted to race i wouldnt have given him the chance becasue of the kids.
Old 08-21-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by HondaLuver
im just waiting for that random 11 second sleeper to creep up on you... its happened to meh.. haha
haha, actually just yesterday I had the shittiest damn neon glue itself to my back bumper when I tried to pull away. I thought somthing was odd when it was sitting at the light before I tried to go and it was lopeing like a v-8. I honestly thought by the looks of the car it was F'ed up. But nope turns out the guy had cams from what he would fess up to. I really think that he was on the bottle to, but he would not fess up to that. We did finally go on three from a 1st gear roll and all I could pull was about 3/4 of a car by the end of 2nd when we had to slow. Suprised the fvck out of me.
Old 08-22-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by suthrninca
I have to agree with EMK20a2. If the guy was looking to race, he's gonna race someone. If he had crashed, it would have been his own fault. It was his decision to risk the lives of his kids. And instead **** off, try no thanks or I don't street race.
The guy wasn't looking to race, he was minding his own business until this guy pulled up next to him. And I'm willing to be when he pulled up next to the Mustang, he didn't creep up the line slowly and mind his own business.
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

^^you are wrong, if you read the thead it was apparent that the mustang went 1st. Honestly to this point I have accepted your stand point on this issue as an honest point of view, and have respected that. But you last sentance blows that entire viewpoint of mine out of the water. So I will tell you what,...... just keep trolling this forum for your anti street race group, and give NOBODY the benifit of the doubt. Becuase that is how it works in a conservative dictatorship
Old 08-25-2006
Registered!!

TuffVietta should not be trusted
As we all know from all of his threads on the this forum, EMK20a2 is a fckin' idiot. That's why he got banned so many times on 7thgen. He's a walkin' troll.
Old 08-25-2006
Registered!!

I've been banned once, and it was not all my fault. I guess it takes an idiot to get a degree, a great job, a great woman, and do an entire K20a2 swap himself (among all of the other mods). BTW, I can tell from the rep that you have accumulated in the entire 339 posts that you are well liked. Now please kindly GTFO of my thread
Old 08-25-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by suthrninca
Actually, what really happened is I shook my head, and when the guy persisted, I told him it's only a DX and tried to ignore him. I just got so mad at you streetracing, I said I told him **** off which I didn't. So ya I was nice about it, but I've pulled up next to Mustangs before and they've never taken off from me, so I guess it depends on how you were driving when you passed him? Anyway, it's pointless, I've come to the acceptance that people streetrace, no matter how stupid it is.
Old 08-25-2006
Registered!!

^^^^Yep, it all just matters how careful you are
Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

4*banger is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly man wuts with all these fukin' anti street racing trolls, their street racing, and then theirs street racing if you know wut i mean. You can be an assclown and race on populated roads, during the day, w/e. Or you cando it cautiosly when there is nobody arround, in an abandoned area. It basically come down to ur judgement, i only street race when its clear to run!
Old 08-30-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Because situations can change in a second and no skill or caution is going to prevent that. If a kid runs out in front of you, even if he's not supposed to be in that unpopulated area, there is nothing you can do to stop, but going slower may have saved his life. But it's pointless, I'm not going to be able to convince you how stupid it is.
Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

^^^of course you won't ever convince us by saying things like "how stupid it is". You won't even give any of our points of view the time of day so why should we give yours any thought??
Old 08-31-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

I'm listening.
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

We all have the right to make our own choices and our own points of view. Some people chose to street race, some people chose to street race but are more careful, some people chose not to street race at all. You may think it is stupid, but that is your opinion and your opinion only. Ok so you don't like street racing, so don't read threads in a street racing forum. I don't have a problem with you not agreeing with it, I do have a problem with you trolling and attempting to impose your ultra conservative views and then putting lables on us when we don't agree with you.

I do participate in street racing every so often, but it is light to light, in what I would call a safe area, and I don't get carried away. And that is how most people are on this forum.
Old 09-01-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Point taken. I was a little more drawn to this thread because of the kids.
Old 09-01-2006
Registered!!

hey I didn't care for him going with the kids either, but the thing is he already went once before we got to the light and I saw that he had kids, He would have went with or without me.
Old 09-01-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by EMK20a2
hey I didn't care for him going with the kids either, but the thing is he already went once before we got to the light and I saw that he had kids, He would have went with or without me.
regardless you should have been the bigger man

Old 09-02-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Ya, not trying to argue with you, just pointing out that he wouldn't have made it over the speed limit if you had just sat there when the light turned green.
Old 09-08-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Looks like you guys have settled down. Just to be a little more clear here, EVERYONE, please refrain from calling other members names.

Dex, if you have aproblem with street racing, that's fine. I would suggest stating your opinion in a thread once and leaving it at that. I understand that maybe hard to do, but it generally comes off better that way. You may also want get some facts to back you up, maybe some sort of goverment identiy has these. But please realize, most people here are not the 120+MPH death races you see and hear about in the news, most people cut it off at a reasonable limit from what I've seen. If you do see someone stating that they where racing at VERY at exsive speeds, please let the mods know, because those threads often turn bad very quickly.

Originally Posted by DeX
Ya, not trying to argue with you, just pointing out that he wouldn't have made it over the speed limit if you had just sat there when the light turned green.

there is no way of knowing that. I see people all the time just take off at the light and go 60 in 35 MPH zone by themselves with no one at all around them... not defending either side, just saying the if game is pointless because none of us know what was going through the other guys head.

Last edited by Jrfish007; 09-08-2006 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-08-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Cool, not here to argue with anyone.
Old 09-09-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DeX
Cool, not here to argue with anyone.

I know, and you are always incuraged to voice your opionin.