Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Raced a G35 6spd coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough
Raced a G35 6spd coupe

Sorry for the lack of detail, but I don't have much time. I will edit with more detail latter.

Long story short:
Just finished my Kswap and yesterday was the first dry day. Ended up next to a G35 coupe in traffic and the younger male driver gave me the look. Well we ended up running a couple of times, but none of them where really good runs (no good even rolling starts and no digs). Well I will say that my car is alot faster than a 6spd G35 coupe. The only time that this guy even stood a chace was when I went to the outside lane of a upcoming sweeping curve, downshifted to 3rd vs 2nd putting me in my pooch rpm of 4K, and let him start first. He took off and got a bit of a lead, but by the time I shifted into 4th we were into the curve dead even (keep in mind I am on the outside, which is the longest distance). I had to let off the gas and drop in behind him once behind him I had to keep letting off of the gas so I did not drive through him all the way to 100 when we let off. He gave me a huge and slowed. I asked him if it was a stick or auto and he confirmed what I already knew that it was a stick. He then asked if I was boosted, I shruged my sholders and said "nope I am NA" and drove off. Based on how badly I beat him on the previous runs and that a G35 coupe runs low 14s I would say that I am without a doubt below the 14sec mark, maybe mid 13s even. God a Kswap is great.
Old 07-13-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Nice kill, although saying your in the 13's is hard to believe without a time slip. TO many thing could have happened, crappy driver in the G35 crappy road act. Not saying your car isn't a 13 second car, just saying that unlikely, but possible.
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Jrfish007
Nice kill, although saying your in the 13's is hard to believe without a time slip. TO many thing could have happened, crappy driver in the G35 crappy road act. Not saying your car isn't a 13 second car, just saying that unlikely, but possible.
What are you talking about?? Go to K20a.org and look at some of the times posted LOL. There are Kswapped EP3 civics with less mods than I have posting 13.6 time slips and they weigh more. I am weighing in at around
2600-2700lbs WITH the new engine (I weighed 2450lbs before the swap). I have an intake, a race header (no catt), Kpro, and an exhaust. My tires are smaller than a standered stock civic for shorter gearing and a faster acceleration. AND becuase of my previous suspension mods I have absolutely no problems with traction. I would say that I had better be below 14 sec. BTW at 2700lbs(the max my car weights) and 230bhp(figuring the lowest crank hp # I could possibally have), my hp to weight ratio is atleast 11.73. Now compare that to an S2K, or similar quick 4 cyl car. We ran multiple times and trust me he was not a bad driver.

Well, I was just taking a buddy for a spin showing him how quick it was and I got the chance to run a 2005 Mustang GT with an exhaust and a tune. The first time that we went it was from a roll and I don't think he was expecting any problems from my car, infact he was so suprised that he missed 2nd gear and I pulled 3-4 cars by 100. The second time that we ran was from a dig, this time he was ready and slowly crawed to about 2 cars by 90. The third time was from a 3rd gear roll and he crawed to about 2 cars by 90 again. We slowed and he told me that he had exhaust and a tune. I don't feel so bad about losing to that car, considering I did have an extra 200lbs. What do you guys think a mustang with those mods would run?

Last edited by EMK20a2; 07-13-2006 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-13-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
05 gt manuals run about 13.6-ish stock w/ a good driver.

guy in the mustang must've been a **** poor driver if u beat him by a few cars when he has exhaust and tune.
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

no he beat me. The only time that I won was when he missed 2nd on the 1st run. I got beat by 2 cars consistantly. We both had passengers. BTW I am running on the stock tunned RSX map, so I would be a bit faster with the tune.

Last edited by EMK20a2; 07-13-2006 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-14-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by EMK20a2
What are you talking about?? Go to K20a.org and look at some of the times posted LOL. There are Kswapped EP3 civics with less mods than I have posting 13.6 time slips and they weigh more. I am weighing in at around
2600-2700lbs WITH the new engine (I weighed 2450lbs before the swap). I have an intake, a race header (no catt), Kpro, and an exhaust. My tires are smaller than a standered stock civic for shorter gearing and a faster acceleration. AND becuase of my previous suspension mods I have absolutely no problems with traction. I would say that I had better be below 14 sec. BTW at 2700lbs(the max my car weights) and 230bhp(figuring the lowest crank hp # I could possibally have), my hp to weight ratio is atleast 11.73. Now compare that to an S2K, or similar quick 4 cyl car. We ran multiple times and trust me he was not a bad driver.

Well, you didn't mention everything, and I don't even know which K you have. It sounds like you are in the low 14's and maybe high 13's. Like I said, it's not impossible, I've seen stranger things happen. In any case, nice car!
Old 07-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough
nice kill on the g35 i thought it would have given you a pretty good run as for the mustang gt 2 car lengths aint bad at all wit a tune u might lose by .5 of one lol jk
Old 07-16-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
ummmm.... i dunno really dont know bout engines.... but my friend drove my ex girlfriends RSX type s ( he is a crazy good driver i must admit) against my friends AUTO g35.... the RSX got his *** handed to him on a platter.... unless ur turbo'd then u would kill him

Last edited by djrabbi; 07-16-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-16-2006
Registered!!

^^^^I am making a good bit more hp than a stock RSX type S also I weight about 300-400lbs less. That is where the difference comes from. A stock RSX is a mid to high 14sec car. I am prob. atleast a second faster.

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
nice kill on the g35 i thought it would have given you a pretty good run as for the mustang gt 2 car lengths aint bad at all wit a tune u might lose by .5 of one lol jk
Yes, I do need a tune and I would agree with a tune it would have been a closer race. Although, alot of people tune the K20a2 to rev up to 8600-9000 rpm. I however am not quite as brave (I invested way to much $ and time) so I am going to leave the revlimiter at 8200, where it is at now, slightly above the stock 7900. So I don't know what a tune will do for me.

Last edited by EMK20a2; 07-18-2006 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
^ stock rsx-s is high 14 sec. w/ an amazing driver under all the right track conditions. most of them are around low/flat 15's.
Old 07-22-2006
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
you are no where near 13's with a stock computer. im guessing the best you will do at the track is a 14.8
Old 07-22-2006
AWI
Registered!!

AWI is an unknown quantity at this point
interesting...thats pretty quick

Last edited by AWI; 07-22-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-23-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by HondaLuver
you are no where near 13's with a stock computer. im guessing the best you will do at the track is a 14.8
I don't have a stock computer, I am dyno tunned with k-pro. And based on the cars that I have raced and driven, I would say it is a mid-high 13sec car. Now if I will run mid-high 13s that is a different question. I have never gone to a drag strip LOL. Your car is alot faster than a high 13sec car, but you did not drive it near to its potential. I know you must have looked at the times on k20a.org mid-high 13s are not that uncommon for a car that only weighs 2600 lbs (that was my official weight on the shop balance scale) and has 201 whp.

I have driven alot of different cars (S2ks, a 350z, Gtos, mustangs, etc.) my car is noticabally faster (even before the tune) than any of those cars. So as I said before it would have broken 14 secs. before the tune. Doing it now should not be and issue.

Last edited by EMK20a2; 07-23-2006 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

queue s2000man01
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

^^^^haha, LOL. Have not heard to much from him lately. I do recall reading a thread about you racing a STI that resulted in him banning a member becuase he could not accept that a Kswap civic could be that fast. I am sure he will not like it when I say that a Kswap civic is faster than a stock S2k. Not to sure why some people are suprised, my car is making nearly the same whp and tourque and weighs about 350lbs less. The only advantage the S2k has is that it is RWD and maybe the gearing, although the powerban is not to impressive on the S2k until 7K-9K rpm. Now that I am tuned I would say that the K engine is a bit less "peaky" than the S2k
Old 07-24-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
its funny that anything you type no one believes you

from the thread with your dyno to this

Last edited by RHCP0801; 07-24-2006 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

^^^^haha, LOL. Have not heard to much from him lately. I do recall reading a thread about you racing a STI that resulted in him banning a member becuase he could not accept that a Kswap civic could be that fast. I am sure he will not like it when I say that a Kswap civic is faster than a stock S2k. Not to sure why some people are suprised, my car is making nearly the same whp and tourque and weighs about 350lbs less. The only advantage the S2k has is that it is RWD and maybe the gearing, although the powerban is not to impressive on the S2k until 7K-9K rpm. Now that I am tuned I would say that the K engine is a bit less "peaky" than the S2k
been around for a while, hm? .... I posted that quite a very long time ago ... maybe last October/November-ish?
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by RHCP0801
its funny that anything you type no one believes you

from the thread with your dyno to this
its alright , I still have a fast fun car so it does not bother me much either way. I am posting the dyno right now so you can go check it out. I think that there was only one person that doubted how fast the car is Aznyboy knows how fast a Kswap vic is

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
been around for a while, hm? .... I posted that quite a very long time ago ... maybe last October/November-ish?
Yeah, and I recall that there was only one other person on that thread who knew what they were talking about and tried to get your back and S2kman baned them. What I took away from that thread is not to argue with S2kman or you will get baned and that a Kswapped civic can pull on an STI

Last edited by EMK20a2; 07-24-2006 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
no he beat me. The only time that I won was when he missed 2nd on the 1st run. I got beat by 2 cars consistantly. We both had passengers. BTW I am running on the stock tunned RSX map, so I would be a bit faster with the tune.
I don't have a stock computer, I am dyno tunned with k-pro. And based on the cars that I have raced and driven, I would say it is a mid-high 13sec car. Now if I will run mid-high 13s that is a different question. I have never gone to a drag strip LOL. Your car is alot faster than a high 13sec car, but you did not drive it near to its potential. I know you must have looked at the times on k20a.org mid-high 13s are not that uncommon for a car that only weighs 2600 lbs (that was my official weight on the shop balance scale) and has 201 whp.

I have driven alot of different cars (S2ks, a 350z, Gtos, mustangs, etc.) my car is noticabally faster (even before the tune) than any of those cars. So as I said before it would have broken 14 secs. before the tune. Doing it now should not be and issue.

You + 13.5 second car = God kills a kitten
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler

You + 13.5 second car = God kills a kitten

Yes, I may kill a kitten or two going that fast, but please don't refer to me as god I would rather you call me by my screen name
Old 07-24-2006

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute

*sigh* Poor 7thgen, where art thou good days of non noobness gone to
Old 07-24-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
bwhahahahahahah
Old 07-27-2006

that 13.9 is on **** slicks. if i had traction, i'd be doing 13.5s at the track. dont' forget to add your self into the cars weight, because the car doesn't drive on its own... lol

i walked a 98 M3 that has slips for 13.7 at the track
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

^^^yeah that is what I am saying compare our #s to a SRT4 (~205 whp) and weighs around 300lbs more than our civic and those have been proven to run 14 flat out of the box. Your car could go 13 flat low 13s IMO
Old 07-27-2006

haha, stock srt4's are tooo easy... its a waste of gas for me... unfortunatly the first srt4 i raced had 450 hp
Old 07-27-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

^^^yeah that is what I am saying compare our #s to a SRT4 (~205 whp) and weighs around 300lbs more than our civic and those have been proven to run 14 flat out of the box. Your car could go 13 flat low 13s IMO
sup.

srt4's are underrated in their HP. They dyno 220-230 whp.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...ght=stock+dyno

etc.

with hondaluver's 100 mph trap speed, he cannot get a flat 13 ... even a low 13 is pretty much out of the question for only a 100 mph trap.

Last edited by aznboysrfr; 07-27-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-27-2006

yea flat 13's is too far away, my car is a boat, hard as hell to lighten it. i did a 13.9 without seats the first time and after my retune with seats. the same time, i droped about .05 seconds with seats.. haha

i don't have a spare. my rsx seats arn't that heavy. i have nothing else to take out...

Last edited by HondaLuver; 07-27-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-27-2006

Man get those fat chicks out
Old 07-27-2006
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
I was gonna post and ask what mods you had and what exactly you are driving, etc, since so far you have not seemed to have posted that information.

Then I saw this.

I don't ban someone because they "drive a faster car" or because as you claim I "couldn't accept that x car was faster than x car". And you have lots of fallacies in the rest of your post too.

So, you are obviously here to stir the pot, and obviously have some beef with me, considering you're flat out making up lies about me off the bat. So, thanks, but our site is better off without you. ta ta!

Yeah, and I recall that there was only one other person on that thread who knew what they were talking about and tried to get your back and S2kman baned them. What I took away from that thread is not to argue with S2kman or you will get baned and that a Kswapped civic can pull on an STI
I don't ban people that disagree with me. And your alliteration as to otherwise is why you're banned. You're obviously not here to do anything but stir the pot and get some attention.

Last edited by S2000man01; 07-27-2006 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

TuffVietta should not be trusted
so is EMK20a2 banned from 7thgen?
It's ok to have fast car but be humble about it and not go around showboatin'. EMK20a2 is truly gay!!

Quick Reply: Raced a G35 6spd coupe