Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Gota Hemi?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by booba5185
not even a civic..... like his avatar and title says....
I also have an F150 with the 5.4L (that's 300 hp and 365 ft-lb) and yes I know the hemi has more power, but most of them are with 3.5-ish rear ends, and my truck has a 4.10 LSD with a short gear towing tranny, so it pulls on hemi's too
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

BlkRegal should not be trustedBlkRegal should not be trusted
What are you talking about? Everything pulls on Hemi's!
Old 12-12-2005
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
I also have an F150 with the 5.4L (that's 300 hp and 365 ft-lb) and yes I know the hemi has more power, but most of them are with 3.5-ish rear ends, and my truck has a 4.10 LSD with a short gear towing tranny, so it pulls on hemi's too
Mine had the 3.92's AWD and there wasn't a Ford that could pull it .I was going to buy the new F150 Harley Davidson and it has the 5.4 after a driving that I wanted to kill myself it is slow as ****. The only truck (not the Ford Lightning or the SS Chevy) out there stock for stock that competes with the Ram Hemi is the Nissan Titan.I had Borla Exhaust,K&N Intake,Hypertech Hyperpac, and it was beating the SS Chevy.14.9 in the 1/4 for a 6600 lb truck.Throw that in a Reg Cab and they're really quick. This was my beast but a little while ago it got stolen.

This is what the fvckers did to it
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

WTF dude!!!! Holy shiot man i'm so sorry to hear that about your truck thats not right for anyone! When did this happen? Did they strip it and burn it or what? I know where i used to work we put "The Club" in all of the Dodge trucks with the Cummins deisel only.
Thats totally ****ed up dude. Did your insurance help you out alright with what you owed and such? I hope!
Old 12-12-2005
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
I had a waiver on my truck so I got full invoice for it.They stripped my stereo out of it,took my tonneau,bed bars,all the chrome trim.I had about $9000.00 in stereo that I just had installed about 6 days prior and I didn't get extra insurance for my stereo yet,even though I had all my receipts they would only give me 1500.00.I got about 8000.00 though from them for my accessories. So I came out alright because of the waiver you don't lose any depreciatiion in the first 24 months and I had my truck for 20 months. When the cops found it they thought it was grenaded.The fire must of been so hot it melted most of the motor. Not even a piece of paint left on it.They caught the kids that did it and the cops asked why they burnt it.They said to get rid of the fingerprints. So now I'm truck shopping now and i don't know what to get.I'm thinking the New Trailblazer SS with 400hp LS2 AWD,Nissan Titan LE. I like the looks of the Ford but for 300hp it feels very dead.

This is the HEMI

Interior shots before

Interior shots after

Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
Hemi
Old 12-12-2005

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 04hemiboy
I had a waiver on my truck so I got full invoice for it.They stripped my stereo out of it,took my tonneau,bed bars,all the chrome trim.I had about $9000.00 in stereo that I just had installed about 6 days prior and I didn't get extra insurance for my stereo yet,even though I had all my receipts they would only give me 1500.00.I got about 8000.00 though from them for my accessories. So I came out alright because of the waiver you don't lose any depreciatiion in the first 24 months and I had my truck for 20 months. When the cops found it they thought it was grenaded.The fire must of been so hot it melted most of the motor. Not even a piece of paint left on it.They caught the kids that did it and the cops asked why they burnt it.They said to get rid of the fingerprints. So now I'm truck shopping now and i don't know what to get.I'm thinking the New Trailblazer SS with 400hp LS2 AWD,Nissan Titan LE. I like the looks of the Ford but for 300hp it feels very dead.

Wow... well, I respect any truck around, while you want a truck for speed, I use mine for towing, and when hooked to a trailer, the 5.4L ford is actually the best IMO. It feels slow because it has a DBW (drive by wire system) that is tuned for towing. When towing you want low end torque, so Ford made the throttle really wierd, the first half of the gas pedal controls the first 1/4 of the actually throttle and some wierd crap like that. There is a Ford authorized ECU reflash that can be done to fix this if you desire it. I know a few people that have done it and said their truck is like a totally different truck. If you look at the F150, go for the high payload package too, then you get the 4.10 rear end and towing tranny. But if you want speed, Dodge is always a good choice, a friend of mine has a Ram 2500 with the V10 and runs 13's with light mods. But his is 2WD, and I've noticed 2WD trucks are way faster than 4WD, at least when I was shoping I noticed that.
Old 12-12-2005

Get rid of fingure prints.... why not just ware gloves? stupid people
Old 12-12-2005
Premium Member

Get rid of fingure prints.... why not just ware gloves? stupid people
Idiots

I was looking at the Harley Davidson one with AWD so you would think it would be more performance oriented.I can't see too many wanting to tow with it.For sure the 2wd are alot quicker my Dakota R/T with the 5.9 litre was just as quick as my Ram and it has a 100 hp less, less weight too obviously. I just like the AWD for the winter so it's not necessarally have to be the fastest but it don't matter what vehicle I get I just have to mod it.
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

TurboDieselDrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Look at the new F-250 Harley Edition with the 6.0L Powerstroke diesel. Awesome towing and awesome performance potential.
Old 12-12-2005
Premium Member

Look at the new F-250 Harley Edition with the 6.0L Powerstroke diesel. Awesome towing and awesome performance potential
That was for 2005 Idon't think they have a diesel one for 2006.Remember I'm in Canada it's possible the States have one
Old 12-12-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
"Got a Hemi?" I love that question... because I can honestly reply back "why Yes I do have a Hemi" :P (granted it is a more modern Pent-roof Hemi, but i digress)

Its great because the person who asked gets this confused look on their face... Ushually because the person asking thinks they know what they are talking about.
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
My 5.3 with .373 gears can walk over a 5.7 Hemi anyday. Its all marketing on their part, the motors are not efficient at all. Mopar also get the WORST milage in the industry. While the dodges are big, their reliablility and maintenance rate is much higher than gm or ford
Old 12-12-2005
Premium Member

Hahaha I put you chevy boys in your place many of times,you guys never learn.we're talking stock here or just your normal bolt ons. For gas mileage it sucked da ***** for sure. Never had my Dakota R/T or my Ram in the shop for anything.Can't say that for my new Pontiac Grand Prix GXP with the 5.3 V8 it's been in the shop like 9 times now. I had a 2005 GMC Sierra SLT full loaded with the 5.3 for a rental till my insurance went through and it was nothing to talk about.The Denali one is nice though. The SS is a nice truck too.
Old 12-13-2005

Originally Posted by TurboDieselDrew
Look at the new F-250 Harley Edition with the 6.0L Powerstroke diesel. Awesome towing and awesome performance potential.

yeah.... actually my next truck is going to be F350 because the F150 can't take it. My last half ton truck (which was a chevy) I bent the frame and cracked the leaf springs. I figured this F150 is little tougher with the high payload package (it gets factory frame support, F250 axels and springs, 4.10 rear end and a couple other little things), but it still is low on power for hualling what I need it to.

While the diesel is nice, it costs an extra 5k, and that's quite bit a cash to an already expensive truck.
Old 12-13-2005
Premium Member

Yeah i know the extra cost of the diesel don't really seem to make it worth it.Then I believe there is quite the extra cost in maintaining also.Is that right?
Old 12-13-2005

Originally Posted by 04hemiboy
Yeah i know the extra cost of the diesel don't really seem to make it worth it.Then I believe there is quite the extra cost in maintaining also.Is that right?

Well, yes and no. I don't know about the 6.0L Powerstroke, but the 7.3L powerstroke needs 11 quarts of oil. But generally you can go longer with the oil than with a gas engine, although if you a going to mod the engine, you won't ave that advantage. On the plus side there is no ignition system, so no plugs or wires or anything like that to worry about. If you where doing REALLY high milage I would say get a diesel, because I know quite a few people who have put well over 400,000 miles on their Powerstroke enigines. The thing is, trucks in generall just start to break down after about 10 years (in my experiance) and I only do about 150,000 miles in 10 years, so it the rest of truck will start costing my before the eninge and I'll never make good on the extended life of the diesel.

But yeah they use quite a bit of oil. But really my 5.4L uses 7 quarts, so 11 isn't that bad, untill you compare it to a civic that uses less than 4

Dodge may be different though becuase they don't have a V8 deisel, they have a smaller I6 that may not need so much.
Old 12-13-2005
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/
http://www.turbovan.net/van.html

12 seconds aint bad no matter how you look at it...and in a dodge caravan...???
Old 12-13-2005
Registered!!

Maintaing a diesel is cheap.

$20 fuel filter every 15,000 miles.
Diesel oil is $6/gallon. Most trucks need 3 gallons so thats $18 plus another $8 for a filter. $26 and you can go twice as long as a gas engine.

600+ lb/ft of torque makes for a fun truck
Old 12-14-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TurboDieselDrew
Maintaing a diesel is cheap.

$20 fuel filter every 15,000 miles.
Diesel oil is $6/gallon. Most trucks need 3 gallons so thats $18 plus another $8 for a filter. $26 and you can go twice as long as a gas engine.

600+ lb/ft of torque makes for a fun truck
lmao.....Maintaing.....not laughing at your spelling error but at what your spelling error produced....sounds like man-tang...
Old 12-14-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jrfish007
Dodge may be different though becuase they don't have a V8 deisel, they have a smaller I6 that may not need so much.
the cummins is a 6?
Old 12-14-2005
Registered!!

Inline 6.
Old 12-14-2005

Originally Posted by shroomster
the cummins is a 6?
The term Cummins is a trademark of a I6 diesel. Cummins, contrary to belief, is simply a style of an engine and nothing more. It is like saying Hemi engine, that just means it has hemispherical heads, but really anybody can make a Hemi engine today. Honda uses a modified hemi head. Few people actually know that Cummins style engine is made by a couple of companies. There is a company call Cummins Engine Inc. Co. that specializes in making Cummins engines, but anybody can make a Cummins engine, I believe International makes one too. But one of the key concepts to the Cummins is that it is an inline 6. On a side note, they tend to be pretty noisy too
Old 12-14-2005
Registered!!

"they tend to be pretty noisy too "

I like the sound!
Old 12-14-2005
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
Yeah The Cummins are def. the loudest followed by the Powerchoke, then the Duramax. All are good motors no matter which way you look at it.
Old 12-14-2005

Originally Posted by fiatdale
Powerchoke,

That is the best of the three big one for light duty trucks IMO. I know quite few people who use those, although the new 6.0L doesn't seem to be as favorable.
Old 12-14-2005
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
the new 6.0l is crap. they cant take higher boost levels with out major modifications. i ahve a friend with one and he just had to pay $9k to get the heads rebuilt because of over heating. the 7.3 is by far the best motor that ford had used. the duramax is proving to be awesome as well but mated to the allison tranny it has some major trq management issues. my grandfather has a 99 f250 powerstroke 7.3l with 326k on his and it still runs strong. and he pulls a lot of weight. i mean a lot!
Old 12-14-2005
Registered!!

synod is an unknown quantity at this point
If you ask me its a waste to put a viper engine in anything.... but a viper. :-) You should have to pick between going fast and going over things. None of this having your cake and eating it too jibber-jabber.
Old 12-15-2005
Premium Member

If you ask me its a waste to put a viper engine in anything.... but a viper. :-) You should have to pick between going fast and going over things. None of this having your cake and eating it too jibber-jabber.

About as much of a waste as posting this and me posting to tell you how much of a waste it was.
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

I've NEVER heard of the term "Cummins" being used for all Inline 6 diesels (I've been wrong before though so if you can pull up any solid info on this, i'd love to read it over) and I know International doesnt have an engine called the Cummins. They do use diesel engines made by Cummins Inc. in their trucks.

The newer 5.9L Cummins engines are VERY quiet. They are quieter than my Duramax. My 1999 5.9L Cummins was loud as all hell though. Loud in a good way. It sounded absolutely amazing at full throttle with a straight pipe.

The 6.0L Powerstroke is a good engine, it has just had a lot of problems and scared me away from buying another ford. My 2001 F350 with the 7.3L powerstroke had 115,000 miles when I traded it in last year and it ran perfect. Never had a problem with it.

My LLY Duramax (310hp/605tq) is my favorite diesel so far. Great power everywhere and amazing fuel mileage. The new LBZ (360hp/650tq) is just making the Duramax even more dominant in the market. ALL of the diesel trucks have torque management with the auto. trans. I really wouldn't say one is worse than the next.

The only trucks i'd ever consider owning are diesel powered.

Quick Reply: Gota Hemi?