Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

More street races. Why do people do them?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
More street races. Why do people do them?

So I was driving back to my apartment after spending the weekend at home like I do every weekend. I drove home a LOT later then I normally do however and it must have been 11:30 by the time I left the house. I was a few blocks away from the house and going towards the highway when I stop at a red light. An old Pontiac or Camaro (from 2 gens ago) pulls up to my left, and stops ahead of the line. I took a look because there was a girl in the passenger seat. He must have thought I challenged him or something. The light turned green and the next thing I know he's waiting for me to get up to speed and driving next to me for a few feet. He then floors it and gets to the next red light probably doing 60 in a 35 where a girl was hit a couple of years ago. I get up to speed and becuase the lights are timed so you drive at speed I'm next to him when the light turns green. He floors it and we're nose to nose for a few seconds and he goes even quicker maybe up to 70 this time before he slows down to make a right. I make a right sooner and make my way towards the highway. I see the girl in the same car pointing at me when they cross an intersection while I'm at another light. What a retard.

Anyway, on the way to the apartment I was driving down a clear road. I see 3 cars PARKED on the other side of the road leading to the highway that I was coming from. 1 guy in orange was standing in the middle. There is another bunch of morons racing on public roads. I think to myself, I wonder what would happen if there was a vehicle coming and they were still parked. Sure enough, I drive 20 seconds later, I see a vehicle driving up to their ummm I guess launch area.

Quickies: Pony car from 2 gens ago tried to race me and more idiots racing on the road at another place.

This is sad. I seriously think these people should stop doing STREET races. I mean, I'm all for racing. I just KNOW that there are appropriate places for them.
Old 11-28-2005
Registered!!

Sick Cycle is an unknown quantity at this point
because it's fun. stop bitching
Old 11-28-2005
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
A girl passenger was killed in austin yesterday in a honda accord. The driver was weaving in and out of traffic in the oncoming lane, to gain speed. Some people just do not think about what they're doing.
Old 11-28-2005
Registered!!

Sick Cycle is an unknown quantity at this point
that's sad ... but at the same time, it's not street racing ... that's wreckless driving
Old 11-28-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
yeah i only street race if its organized and no lives are endangered except ours. That is just wreckless and stupid. we (i speak for my community) have to street race because the nearest track is like 90 miles away and gas is not cheap. Besides that we have safe places in where we can race risking no lives. Its sad that people lose their lives because of noobs but what can we do.
Old 11-29-2005

starstryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CivicsRdBest
So I was driving back to my apartment after spending the weekend at home like I do every weekend. I drove home a LOT later then I normally do however and it must have been 11:30 by the time I left the house. I was a few blocks away from the house and going towards the highway when I stop at a red light. An old Pontiac or Camaro (from 2 gens ago) pulls up to my left, and stops ahead of the line. I took a look because there was a girl in the passenger seat. He must have thought I challenged him or something. The light turned green and the next thing I know he's waiting for me to get up to speed and driving next to me for a few feet. He then floors it and gets to the next red light probably doing 60 in a 35 where a girl was hit a couple of years ago. I get up to speed and becuase the lights are timed so you drive at speed I'm next to him when the light turns green. He floors it and we're nose to nose for a few seconds and he goes even quicker maybe up to 70 this time before he slows down to make a right. I make a right sooner and make my way towards the highway. I see the girl in the same car pointing at me when they cross an intersection while I'm at another light. What a retard.

Anyway, on the way to the apartment I was driving down a clear road. I see 3 cars PARKED on the other side of the road leading to the highway that I was coming from. 1 guy in orange was standing in the middle. There is another bunch of morons racing on public roads. I think to myself, I wonder what would happen if there was a vehicle coming and they were still parked. Sure enough, I drive 20 seconds later, I see a vehicle driving up to their ummm I guess launch area.

Quickies: Pony car from 2 gens ago tried to race me and more idiots racing on the road at another place.

This is sad. I seriously think these people should stop doing STREET races. I mean, I'm all for racing. I just KNOW that there are appropriate places for them.

I SMELL BACON!!!!
Old 11-29-2005
Registered!!

SittenSeventens is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont condone street racing at all, but if it has to be done, go somewhere remote. no one else gets hurt unless its the idiot racers.
Old 11-29-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
I got caught racing awhile ago.We took it out of city limits where there used to be a 1/4 mile track.The start and finish lines were still on the road but now there is Businesses built there.I got radared at 187 kph in a 50,but there were no signs saying it was 50.I had to go to court and my defence was I took it out of town to be safe and that there was start and finish lines there,(had pics)and no speed limit and a dead end.Well when all was said and done I got a 3000.00 speeding ticket,6 points,and a 2500.00 lawyers bills. Now when I race I use the stoplights in the city.People that race weaving in and out of traffic are wreckless, those are the ones killin people.
Old 11-29-2005
Registered!!

Hoosier282 is an unknown quantity at this point
Street racing in Civic's, I mean come on...
Old 11-29-2005
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
I got caught with my Trans Am.
Old 11-29-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
do it and u will see why. Stop gettin mad over this too. People will do it and learn there lesson whether its cops or the fact that there car can get impounded. I stopped going because faster cars r at the track and u dont have to worry about cops and its fun running agaisnt other cars for prizes/money.
Old 11-30-2005
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Michalo187
yeah i only street race if its organized and no lives are endangered except ours. That is just wreckless and stupid. we (i speak for my community) have to street race because the nearest track is like 90 miles away and gas is not cheap. Besides that we have safe places in where we can race risking no lives. Its sad that people lose their lives because of noobs but what can we do.
90 miles is close. i don't mind doing 200 miles to do real driving
Old 11-30-2005
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 04hemiboy
my defence was I took it out of town to be safe and that there was start and finish lines there,(had pics)and no speed limit and a dead end.Well when all was said and done I got a 3000.00 speeding ticket,6 points,and a 2500.00 lawyers bills. Now when I race I use the stoplights in the city.People that race weaving in and out of traffic are wreckless, those are the ones killin people.
start and finish lines that u guys mark on the road doesn't make it a private property(track)
Old 11-30-2005
Premium Member

start and finish lines that u guys mark on the road doesn't make it a private property(track)
We didn't put them there.They were already there from a track being there before that closed.
Old 11-30-2005
Registered!!

c kim is an unknown quantity at this point
Well fortunately or unfortunately, this forum allows streetracing talk unlike most other forums out there. I enjoy reading about stories and whatnot. Whether its safe/unsafe, right/wrong, it's not going anywhere so just keep on truckin.
Old 11-30-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
why drive 90 miles to a track to run twice to three times if your lucky when you can go 10 miles and race all night safely also. Like i said we got out spots out of town where its safe. At the track we gotta wait in line forever to get runs in thats what sucks. I love going to the track but when i can't o well.
Old 11-30-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
^^^exactly. Thats one reason why most people still race around my area, because in stockton there is no good track and the only one somewhat close is sacramento raceway and its still pretty good drive away. Plus if you dont go on testntunes or wensday nights the other days are so packed that you spend $45 to run like 3 times. 15 min from my house and theres already a good place where peops race and not a single car/person goes there so its safe.
Old 11-30-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
lol... Safe ya sure it is...

It makes me laugh when people clame what they do is "safe". when in fact No motorsport is "Safe" they are infact inherently Unsafe (Which is part of the excitement that draws us to motorsports). The difference between "racing" in a controled envornment such as a Race track or Drag strip Vs "Racing" on the street is when something Does go wrong (and it will) the Track is prepaired to deal with it. Out on the street, your S.O.L. So please, refrain from saying what you do on the street is "Safe" because it isnt. I know that Autocross isnt Totally Safe, and Open track is by orders of magnitued that much more Un-safe. I know, I've done them both and have see Injurys and wrecks at both.. but at least there your Insured and theres the proper medical facilities close by.
Old 11-30-2005
Prince of Persia

Yoshiemaster will become famous soon enough
ahaha, me and my friends "race" at the speed limit. sounds gay and what not but whatever it's legal and it entertains me enough. usually we just see who can accelerate to 50 (in a 45 zone) the fastest.
Old 12-02-2005
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
I will be the first one to say that i "street race" but its not anything big. The most i go on the street is 60~70 due to my car being slower than my friends minivan. And most of the time we go to places that aren't driven much, or just aren't driven on at all.
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

Newbulletform is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, I usually just ignore 'em. I don't like wasting my energy on getting pissed off at someone that won't realize the consequences.
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

tmac14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love to street race it a great rush, but i will never do it like those morons that get a bunch of people and cars blocking traffic and racing down four lane roads. I'll only race out in the country late at night with like only two cars. Then the people that are raceing are the ones at risk.
Old 01-01-2006
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Yoshiemaster
ahaha, me and my friends "race" at the speed limit. sounds gay and what not but whatever it's legal and it entertains me enough. usually we just see who can accelerate to 50 (in a 45 zone) the fastest.

You think just because you're not exceeding the speed limit it's considered legal??? When you get pulled over for it, dont be suprised because thats still considered "exhibition of speed"
Old 01-01-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Street raceing has been part of the game since the 30s! The real major races on the east coast started in the 60s and continue today. it just the way it is!
(College Point,NY-1965-over one hour in line to race )
Old 01-01-2006
Prince of Persia

Originally Posted by thiscrackerntam
You think just because you're not exceeding the speed limit it's considered legal??? When you get pulled over for it, dont be suprised because thats still considered "exhibition of speed"
since when is going in a straight line under the speed limit illegal?

what we do is "drag race" to see who can get to the speed limit first, then it's just normal driving to the next street light where we start again. i don't think north carolina has a law against accelleration from a complete stop to 35 or 45 mph.
Old 01-01-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
since when is going in a straight line under the speed limit illegal?

what we do is "drag race" to see who can get to the speed limit first, then it's just normal driving to the next street light where we start again. i don't think north carolina has a law against accelleration from a complete stop to 35 or 45 mph.
NY does, its called "unsafe start"
Old 01-01-2006
Prince of Persia

AHAHAHAHAHA, are you kidding me? dude that's retarded.
Old 01-01-2006
Registered!!

AHAHAHAHAHA, are you kidding me? dude that's retarded.
why you think people are leaving NY?
Old 01-01-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pon55
NY does, its called "unsafe start"
really, damn i didnt know that, but yoshie they can pull you over for suspision of street racing
Old 01-01-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
doesn't matter speed limit or not. i've had friends pulled over and cited for racing cause they and the car next to them were side by side for almost a minute and the cop said they were racing.

Quick Reply: More street races. Why do people do them?