Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

K20A vs. STi (long)

Old 10-18-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Exclamation K20A vs. STi (long)

alright, well I was coming back from my local 76 gas station from spending my usual $55 per tank in gas when I thought I saw a WRX ahead of me. I had just put my Injen CAI in last night, so what fun it would be to race one of AWD machines ... I love racing them.

I get around some cars that were behind the WRX and then I realize that it's an STi ... even better!

Ok, for those who don't know, my previous setup with my car used to be the SF turbo kit with equal length mani, alcohol injection and bigger turbo. Along with no power steering, 16x7.5" SSR Competition rims (11.5 pounds each), Denso IK22 plugs, CF hood and gutted trunk .. turbo at 7 psi (clutch slipped anything above 7 psi).

With that setup, I've run DEAD even with 2 different STi's ... up to 110, neither of us pulled. Whether or not people here will believe that ... I don't care. If you don't, then I don't really care about you either. You can leave this thread.

Ok, so a lot of you know that I now have a K20A. My current setup is a 3" Injen CAI from a Type S, Nextgear intake manifold gasket, 17x7.5" SSR Competition's (12.8 pounds each... but I should've kept my 16's), CF hood, CF trunk, gutted trunk, 12 pound battery, Denso IK22 plugs.

So anyway, back to this STi. He looked stock and later I asked him and he confirmed it. Well, we both started our race from about a 20 mph roll ... he ended up pulling about a fender length on me at the start, but by about 85, he was at my front wheel.... then I hit the brakes.

We ended up racing again from a stop ... he pulled about a car and 1/2 to 2 cars on me at the launch. Maybe if I didn't pull a crappy launch, then it wouldn't have been that bad (I blame it on being jittery and excited haha)... by the time we stopped again, he was about a car ahead ... which was about 85-90 again.

I'd say, overall it was a very exciting race(s) ... beat him from a roll, got beat from a stop.

So looking back and comparing ... my K20A that is nearly stock is slightly faster than my turbo setup ... nice!
Old 10-18-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Good job imagine with more mods what that engine is capable of. How much whp did your turbo have?
Old 10-18-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
I don't know how much whp the turbo had.

actually YOU are using the turbo kit I originally had hahaha. So ... that turbo with hella light rims, no power steering and weight reductions.

I can only guess around 200 whp
Old 10-19-2005
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
Woo! Nice!
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
hmm u kept up with sti?...
nearly stock k20/civic can keep up with a stock sti hmm...he must not know how to drive
i'm not saying ur car is slow, ...sti driver just can't drive that monster
good race tho
Old 10-19-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

^ right, because nobody in my town knows how to drive right? even the other two sti's I raced with my turbo didn't know how to drive either.
Old 10-19-2005
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by chrisleecool
hmm u kept up with sti?...
nearly stock k20/civic can keep up with a stock sti hmm...he must not know how to drive
i'm not saying ur car is slow, ...sti driver just can't drive that monster
good race tho
remember the sti tend to loss a bit of hp, due to awd. plus the weight reduct. and maybe driver. it is a pretty good match imo
Old 10-19-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=aznboysrfr]
With that setup, I've run DEAD even with 2 different STi's ... up to 110, neither of us pulled. Whether or not people here will believe that ... I don't care. If you don't, then I don't really care about you either. You can leave this thread.QUOTE]

nicely said lol
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
very nice man
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

prawdigy is an unknown quantity at this point
nicely done.. how much does your car weigh anyways?
Old 10-19-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

I did about 175 pounds of weight reduction ... but I gained almost all of that back when I put the motor in. So I'm close to the weight of a bone stock 02 coupe ... which (according to edmunds.com) is 2550 pounds ... I think I'm around 2525 if I were to take a guess.
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
nice race
Old 10-19-2005
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mugenman
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
With that setup, I've run DEAD even with 2 different STi's ... up to 110, neither of us pulled. Whether or not people here will believe that ... I don't care. If you don't, then I don't really care about you either. You can leave this thread.
nicely said lol
Yeah, that's my favorite part, too .
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
if they dont kno how to launch awd, then theyre gonna end up with a sucky run...period
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
nice kill man... i love your k20, i play the video that i took of your 5-100 run alot, pure sexyness
Old 10-19-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

^ yeah ... time for you to take another one ... heh heh heh
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
lol anytime bro just hit me up on AIM
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

Civicly02 will become famous soon enoughCivicly02 will become famous soon enough
good race...Just because a person has an STI doesn't mean that he is gonna win every race. There is more than horsepower to consider...Good race man and to your almost stock motor...hehehe
Old 10-20-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
we need to go out and make some videos for you man!
Old 10-20-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

^ weren't you coming down this way sometime soon??
Old 10-20-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
you could never beat a sti!
Old 10-21-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Originally Posted by HondaLuver
you could never beat a sti!
allow me to quote myself: "Whether or not people here will believe that ... I don't care. If you don't, then I don't really care about you either. You can leave this thread."
Old 10-21-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Hondaluver and aznboysrfr should meet up somewhere and race each other and you guys should also record it. I would like to see that
Old 10-21-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Originally Posted by Michalo187
Hondaluver and aznboysrfr should meet up somewhere and race each other and you guys should also record it. I would like to see that
hey! that's a great idea! a 170 whp em2 vs. 225 whp em2 ... I really don't know which one would win??
Old 10-21-2005
Abortion Survivor

Well i thought the dyno was messed up when you went? You said yourselve you should have more
Old 10-21-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Originally Posted by Michalo187
Well i thought the dyno was messed up when you went? You said yourselve you should have more
well ... let's say FOR EXAMPLE that the dyno was off by 15 whp.

185 + 8 (I now have the cai in) ... 193 whp.

193 vs. 225 whp ... still doesn't sound like a good race to me!

plus, he has about 40 or 50 wtq over me.

I only have cai, intake mani gasket ... everything else is stock...

while temo has cai, intake mani gasket, dc5r intake mani, dc5r throttle body, dc race header, 2.5" exhaust, kpro with full tune, not to mention he has a 2.4L motor.

I don't think that's a fair race!
Old 10-21-2005
Abortion Survivor

Yeah i guess thats true maybe later when you got more hp
Old 10-21-2005
Registered!!

prawdigy is an unknown quantity at this point
are you gonna get all bolt-ons plus Hondata? I hear that I/H/E with Hondata #4 k20's are pretty mean.
Old 10-21-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

^ yes, boltons on k20a/k20a2 motors give really good power. Although hondata #4 is good, it's made for k20a2 cams ...

but yes, I will be getting a header and k-pro one day. not yet ... I'm broke. -_-;;
Old 10-22-2005
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
hey! that's a great idea! a 170 whp em2 vs. 225 whp em2 ... I really don't know which one would win??
If you compare HP's then the STI would of one right?? If you could beat STI you could beat temo's car cause he doesn't know how to drive it hahahah.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: K20A vs. STi (long)