Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

I gotta ask

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
I gotta ask

What goes through peoples minds? What makes a person want to race another car.

I am coming home from my friends house, i go across "the boulevard" to get to the highway, and i pass by this guy in a EP3 who was on the boulevard. I've seen this guy driving around before because my friends shop is on the street. He's one of these winners that drives up and down the boulevard showing how cool he is.

So I'm stopped at the light to get on the highway and i noticed he's behind me, I'm guessing when he saw me he turned around to catch up to me. At the light he sits there and revs his engine a couple times. I'm now on the on ramp getting onto the highway and he's up my *** (thought about giving him ye old brake test but elected against it. As i get onto the highway he jumps next to me and does the ricer flyby. Then slows down to pace me.

I'm putting along in 6th at like 2000 rpm and he's sitting there in 3rd at like 5 riding right next to me, every once in a while he gets on it and slows back down, egging me on a presume.

I have two routes to go home at this point, so i decided to not signal exit on the left and take the long way home just so i don't have to deal with this *** anymore. I almost thought about staying on highway and just keep on driving, see how far he'd actually follow me.

My question is just because a car has an exhaust on it do you think its gonna race you? Does he realize that gas prices are really expensive right now?

Stupid ricers. I'm really hoping he saw my licence plate frame and reads this, if he does: You sir, are an ***.

Last edited by Hawk; 09-21-2005 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-21-2005
Back From The Banned!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
I guess some ppl just have to show others "who's boss" no matter what.... either that or they have no life.... never experienced anything like you described though....
Old 09-21-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
I guess fast and the furious has a lot to do with it. They think life is a game or something. I never challenge people but if i get challenged i go for it if its safe. Yeah most people think an exhaust makes your car a race car
Old 09-21-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
i'll race you for a tank of gas...
Old 09-21-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
i will race you if you come down to arizona
Old 09-21-2005
Registered!!

nooboob is on a distinguished road
blame hormones in the human body.
Old 09-21-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
some people just need a quick rush. some are just stupid. i don't instigate races. ive only been in a couple. one was with a friend. one was a stranger in a cavi. i don't know man. just ignore them, or smoke them.
the first week i had my vic, which is the 1st week of march 05, this guy was riding me on an access road. i hadn't pushed my car past 4k yet and was bone stock. he was in an 01 accord 4banger stick. im stick too. so im going 80, he rides me. other cars are around, he rides me harder. so i push 90, still rides me. so at this point im going, cause i want him off me. 100 still rides me, i get to 110 at like 5k-5.5k rpms(can't remember) and i finally pass all the other cars in the lane beside me. and he flies off in the other lane and tries to stare me down while doing it. i wasn't even racing. i just wanted to get the hell away from that moron. i love rice. but only if its fried or steamed.
Old 09-21-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i hate stupid ricers
Old 09-21-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
I want a civic hybrid....gas prices suck
Old 09-22-2005
Registered!!

doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
i tend to sense races... and they're usually against worthless cars. best i ever got was a turbo beetle, and there was traffic.

i truly have never instigated a race. i've never stopped to talk to someone who picks races. curious to know who does myself
Old 09-23-2005
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
you should of just killed him
Old 09-23-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
ok, I am paying $7/gallon for 100 octane and normal price for 91 octane, roughly $3.20-ish. and I mix them. I don't think anyone should complain!
Old 09-23-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
move over here its only 5.95 for 100 octane and about 3.03 for premium 76
Old 09-23-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
theres a stupid ricer around here with an rsx-s but all he has is huge wing, rice hid (glare), and intake. This guy is such a retarded driver.
Old 09-23-2005
Abortion Survivor

they don't offer 100 octane in my town. and gas is at 2.70. But now its gonna go up really hi with this dam hurricane
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by doubledeuce2k2
i tend to sense races... and they're usually against worthless cars. best i ever got was a turbo beetle, and there was traffic.

i truly have never instigated a race. i've never stopped to talk to someone who picks races. curious to know who does myself
i am the sam eway i can pretty much sense when someone wants to run me. but for me its usually a car that will destroy me or a equally matched car. so either i get smoked or we run side by side. sometimes ill be in the car with the family and f in idiots actaully try to race me with 2 kids and my wife in the car. i remember this one day it happend with a gts celica. i am not about trying to endanger my family at all. so i just laugh at them they usually get pissed when i do that and launch hard to look cool and i get even more of a kick out of that. people just see a vic lowered with ris and exhaust and expect that you want to race. as long as my family is not in the car and its safe ill run ya. i dont care what you drive. its all in good fun
Old 09-23-2005
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
I get the same thing once in a while, it always seems to be when there are 3 other people in my car. I just smile and wave. and reduce my speed to the speed limit. I once had this guy in a suburban pace me on my right when I was trying to merge into his lane. I hit the gas to pass and saw him speed up also, then I stepped on the brakes to slide in behind him.... that ****** f@cker threw on his hazard lights how gay is that.
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
This is why I don't drive my civic anymore for commuting. Every wannabe racers would rev and give me the stare.

Get a bike. People tend to leave you alone when ur on a bike.

I also find it very funny that people are posting that they hate ricers when half of the people on this thread posts about their street racing

Originally Posted by Hawk
What goes through peoples minds? What makes a person want to race another car.

I am coming home from my friends house, i go across "the boulevard" to get to the highway, and i pass by this guy in a EP3 who was on the boulevard. I've seen this guy driving around before because my friends shop is on the street. He's one of these winners that drives up and down the boulevard showing how cool he is.

So I'm stopped at the light to get on the highway and i noticed he's behind me, I'm guessing when he saw me he turned around to catch up to me. At the light he sits there and revs his engine a couple times. I'm now on the on ramp getting onto the highway and he's up my *** (thought about giving him ye old brake test but elected against it. As i get onto the highway he jumps next to me and does the ricer flyby. Then slows down to pace me.

I'm putting along in 6th at like 2000 rpm and he's sitting there in 3rd at like 5 riding right next to me, every once in a while he gets on it and slows back down, egging me on a presume.

I have two routes to go home at this point, so i decided to not signal exit on the left and take the long way home just so i don't have to deal with this *** anymore. I almost thought about staying on highway and just keep on driving, see how far he'd actually follow me.

My question is just because a car has an exhaust on it do you think its gonna race you? Does he realize that gas prices are really expensive right now?

Stupid ricers. I'm really hoping he saw my licence plate frame and reads this, if he does: You sir, are an ***.
Old 09-24-2005
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
I've had people in cars want to race me on my bike. I do take off on them though, just because its fun
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Hmm, odd. I was in my 87 Mercury Grand Marquis that day heading down and I tried racing a red Civic and the dude just took an exit without a single.
Old 09-24-2005
You boost, I-VTEC

Originally Posted by hustlelikem0fo
Hmm, odd. I was in my 87 Mercury Grand Marquis that day heading down and I tried racing a red Civic and the dude just took an exit without a single.
whats odd, the fact that the situation was similar or the fact that you were trying to race people in a Grand Marquis?
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
God damn street racers.

I think all you street racers are morons.

I decided to drive my civic today when I wanted to go pick up pizza. Some fool in a STI gives me the thumbs down as he does a flyby on me.

I should get on my two bikes and just go looking for trouble with all the street racers where I live. Better yet, I should borrow my neighbors shifter kart and go around throwing eggs at street racers and gun it out of there
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

nooboob is on a distinguished road
^ sounds good.

never heard of the "thumbs down" signal though. i woulda been pissed.