I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

once again i have a box to give away.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
once again i have a box to give away.....

first i gotta say im not gonna check marketplace, so if this gets moved, thats it. I wanna give teh I.C.E. regulars here first crack at this, before i start advertising this elsewhere.

I have started to work on my lates and greatest project, sealing up my trunk to make the biggest box ever in the trunk of a civic (biggest box possible) by glassing it shut....

This means I have my SECOND box for a 15" to give away free to a loving home..., the one with two angel, that faces forward. (speedracersong has the one firing up.)

teh reason i say to a good home, is cause the box is unfinished (needs sanding and carpet) if you want, the box is ready to be used, itll just be ugly as hell. the rear angle was cut so that the box can be used forward facing, OR rear facing.

the box will just BARELY fit in a coupe (but should have plenty of space since my floor is raised 3 inches) and will have tons o room in a sedan. specs are: 4.4 cubes, ported at 23.4ish Hz, with a 4x8 inch port, also facing teh direction of the cone of the sub. I had my tempest in there with the magnet facing out and had plenty of room to close the trunk entirely.

the only subs ive modeled with a box like this is teh tempest, and the JL 15w6, both of which are wonderfull midlevel SQL subs, both capable of hitting well into the 140's with a trimmed port, as is, i would venture a guess of low/mid 30's, think around 134.

the box will hit 134ish at most frequencies tho, this box is no one note wonder! plays sweeps in techno and such FLAWLESSLY. with a tempest in there, you can play a 20 Hz note and get a response, you can play a 10 Hz note and you will bounce a soda can off yoru trunk lid! (ive done this, email me ill give you the song that was made to do this. simply amazing!) im real curious how a w6 would sound in there, modeled up VERY nicely.

I will not ship this box, and i will not drive this box over to your house. you gotta come to my apt in San Luis Obispo to pick it up and check it out in person, if you like it, we leave it in your trunk, and you drive away with it free! But I would like to see it go to a good and loving home, a place that will use the box for its intended purpose, maybe even give it a skin and new life, rather than just be used for more firewood [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

any takers can reply here or email me at spitvalve@yahoo.com. id love to see this box go out to a fellow forum member!
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

scrible is an unknown quantity at this point
LMAO sounds like your giving away free puppy's IMO [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] but if it gets used as firewood then ima cry lolol boxes are a good thing not to waste pull them apart and reuse reuse and reuse [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] but the drive to get it is very far wish you would ship it then i could use it
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
too expensive to ship....
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Rabbit - Is glassing directly on the metal in the trunk such a good idea? I would think that you would want the panels to be able to flex and the glass is going to completely elimante that is it not?
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

well, i would like flex to be eliminated, as we all know flex inside a box is not condusive to SQ.....

my main worry is that if ther IS any flex, that teh resin/glass will come unattatched to the panels. So far this has not been a problem, however, the small bit ive done is a max thickness using 18 ounce roving. we will see after the second layer and the final resin coat if it is still flexy, or if there is adhesion problems....

but so far everything has been smooth sailing!
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

Subrage is an unknown quantity at this point
i have seen that box before are you on sounddomain alot? i think thats where i saw it
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

im never on sound domain. ever. exept to someimes check out installs [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] ... that was along time ago tho....