Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Lost to an SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Lost to an SRT-4

ok, well my second race with my new setup ...

I pretty much knew I'd lose anyway, but I still wanted to see how I'd do.

I was driving on the 405 South tonight and I saw these blue headlights in my rear view mirror ... I slowed down a little and it turned out to be an silver SRT4. Looks like he had rims, drop, tint, exhaust (maybe) and two TV/DVD screens on the back of each of his front seats. I can only assume he had a lot of money put into this thing ... but what the hell ... I figure I'd try anyway, just for fun.

so we both switched freeways, he got beside me, I dropped to 3rd gear (going about 65) and we both went at it until about 100 (or at least I did). He ended up pulling about 3 cars on my by the end ... so yeah. Loud bov too. And that's that.

Time to get me some mods!
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
k20 coversion vs srt-4? ehh nice try though
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Time to get you some turbo, I can't remember what that turboed K20 Civic was running, but I do recall that it was -damn- fast.
Old 09-18-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
the k20a3 has better properties for boosting than the A2. ephatch.com has used kits for pretty cheap all the time if you're interested.
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
and the k20a has the worst traits of all (highest compression, weak LSD)

toda or IPS, and k-pro!
Old 09-18-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
I am not going turbo. I wouldn't have gone with a K20a if I wanted to go turbo .. already been down that route.

it was a freeway race ... LSD doesn't do much for fwy races anyway ... I do have a quaife lsd btw.

only real performance mod I have right now is a hot air intake
Old 09-18-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
nice try dude maybe he did have a lot of money into it try racing a stock one
Old 09-18-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
hondata I/H/E, you will pull on him...
Old 09-18-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
nice so ur pushing around 180-200 whp? the the srt should still smoke it. nice to know that u got ur swap now.
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
My buddy slowly walked away from a STI

EG - K20A - I/H/E/Hondata
Old 09-18-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
What does I/H/E mean? I always see people talking about it but never learned what it was
Old 09-18-2005
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
intake
header
exhaust
Old 09-18-2005
Abortion Survivor

hahahaha dam i am such a noob alright thanks for the info. now i will know what you guys mean.
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ooh, didn't realise you had the K20A, thought you had the TypeS engine. Toda kit would be a helluva mod, or a Hondata, the former being a helluva investment to make though.
Old 09-19-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

I don't want to get hondata quite yet... I enjoy having the vtec "kick"

header ... I probably won't get one for a little while ... not until next year anyway. I really like having a rather quiet car.

as far as a cai goes ... I should have my battery relocation kit soon ... so I'll actually be able to fit my cai in there.

I'm not trying to be the fastest out there ... I just want to have my engine be the most fun to drive for me. Going f/i is spending too much money on a civic ... I'd rather save that money and move to bigger and better things in the future. The farthest my engine is gonna go is probably cai, header, kpro and cams ... I really don't care to have anything else ... it's not worth getting pulled over for having a good 3" obnoxious exhaust ...
Old 09-19-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
ok, if you get the reflash like ever other person already said, get an SRI so you don't have to relocate the battery, and header with an exhaust, you should be able to kill an srt4. i would say from a dead start, i'd bet on you for the advantage cause of the turbo lag on the neon. but i don't know if a srt4 has any turbo lag.
Old 09-19-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Originally Posted by MajinB
ok, if you get the reflash like ever other person already said, get an SRI so you don't have to relocate the battery, and header with an exhaust, you should be able to kill an srt4. i would say from a dead start, i'd bet on you for the advantage cause of the turbo lag on the neon. but i don't know if a srt4 has any turbo lag.
as I already mentioned, I don't want hondata yet and I already have an sri. I don't want an sri, but it fits so that's what I'm using until I relocate the battery.

srt4's are just too fast ... -_-;

turbo lag only affects slow-start rolling races ... not freeway runs ;P
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

slowciv is an unknown quantity at this point
so with those few mods u run low 14's high 13's?? id says u would be able to beat a stock srt with a decent driver but thats about it. all they have to do is add a downpipe, hell take the exhaust off and they will own u. not much lag on the srt. friend of mine ran 14.3 stock so id be surprise with i/h/e. how much hp is added with kpro?
Old 09-19-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Originally Posted by slowciv
so with those few mods u run low 14's high 13's?? id says u would be able to beat a stock srt with a decent driver but thats about it. all they have to do is add a downpipe, hell take the exhaust off and they will own u. not much lag on the srt. friend of mine ran 14.3 stock so id be surprise with i/h/e. how much hp is added with kpro?
yeah ... I am guessing around low 14's/high 13's.

but yeah .. this guy was definitely not stock ... through my loud vtec, I could clearly hear his bov ...

kpro with i/h/e will add about 40 whp
Old 09-19-2005
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
please don't say vtec anymore
Old 09-19-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Originally Posted by yourinmyw0rld
please don't say vtec anymore
I've only said it twice in this entire thread...

should I say variable valve timing or v-tech instead?
Old 09-19-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
I raced a srt-4 at the track. We ran couple times and he only had me by .2-4 seconds. He was stock and it was his first time at the track. I was running like 5-9 psi and he still beat me stock for stock with an average of .2 seconds.
So your not the only loser here.
also raced my friends s and beat him by .x seconds he had intake exhaust suspension and drag radials

Last edited by Civic_RedLine; 09-19-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-19-2005
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
I've only said it twice in this entire thread...

should I say variable valve timing or v-tech instead?
I know but you have some much heart to it hahaha but get your moneys worth now and just upgrade later
Old 09-20-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
i dont like srt-4's.
Old 09-20-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Eh.. Learn to drive, take it to a track and beat up on those things all day... Personally I havent been beat by one yet, and I still only have 127 HP on a good day. seems like most SRT-4 owners are only interested in drag racing as I've seen VERY few that were any good at using the steering wheel for any thing more then keeping the car going in a straight line.