Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Evo VS STI

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005
And Pimp I got the Juice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marcus will become famous soon enoughMarcus will become famous soon enough
Evo VS STI

I was in Albany NY this tuesday, and surrounded by about 30 to 40 imports. Honda's/Eclispe/WRX's/Nissan. Just wanted to share. Umm, a kid that I was rollin with got this Evo (btw this kid is fresh outta highschool, with a new evo.) To race a Brand new Sti. The Sti won by a hair. Then the N/A Honda's wanna Roll . This kid came outta the woodwork with his CRX with a b16, some head work/ and a header, wanted to run my friends 240sx turbo. They start off at the light 240 had quiet a bit of wheel spin when the honda had hardly none, running right nexted to eachother. I was kinda proud to Own what some ppl (mostly *******s) call a honduh.
Old 04-22-2005
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
Ok..
Old 04-22-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Where are you from in New York? I used to live in Saratoga. Albany is pretty cool. Lot's of nice cars and lot's of things going on. Winter sucks though.
Old 04-22-2005

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
I used to be from upstate NY, been throught Albaniey lots. Good to see the STi won!
Old 04-22-2005
And Pimp I got the Juice

yeah, It was definitly a good time
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

Polocivic2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
unfortunatly evo 8+ is better then sti in quarter mile and on the track
Old 04-22-2005
You cant spell CRAP without APC

MarylandEcstasy is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds fun but.. but i dont see why you called this evo vs STI?
Old 04-22-2005
And Pimp I got the Juice

Because thats what happend.. The Evo turbo VS STI turbo.
quote:To race a Brand new Sti. The Sti won by a hair.
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Polocivic2k4
unfortunatly evo 8+ is better then sti in quarter mile and on the track
You are dead on WRONG. Do more research on the two cars before you make a statement like that. On a roadcoarse, yes the Evo is faster. In the quarter, on the other hand, the STi is faster but not by much. I'm not just going by magazine testing either. I see bone stock STi's dipping into the 12 second range left and right. I don't see too many, if not any at all, Evo's hitting 12's bone stock.
Old 04-25-2005

^^thank you.
Old 04-26-2005
Registered!!

HorrorSkopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

Originally Posted by SLAMMED01CIV
You are dead on WRONG. Do more research on the two cars before you make a statement like that. On a roadcoarse, yes the Evo is faster. In the quarter, on the other hand, the STi is faster but not by much. I'm not just going by magazine testing either. I see bone stock STi's dipping into the 12 second range left and right. I don't see too many, if not any at all, Evo's hitting 12's bone stock.
^^^ are you sure about that? You don't wanna do a quick check (evoM.net) of STOCK evo's hitting high 12's, I would post some... but I wouldnt want to hurt you wrx guys feelings.
Old 04-26-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
id rather take an sti over an evo anyday, but im not sayin if someone came in handin me the keys 2 an evo i wouldnt take em. im just sayin if its on my dollar its gonna be an sti. i think they are much sexier than an evo and like sport compact car said...the evo may be faster by a hair, but the sti is more fun to drive =)
Old 04-26-2005

all they gotta do is fix the damn flywheel in the evo and it will be much better.....they're so smart they're stupid.
Old 04-26-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
Both cars are very very close.
Theres always going to be competition with both cars..their so close, i think it all comes down to a matter of styling and looks. My favorite amoungts the 4WD beasts is the EVO 5.
Its really hard to say which one is better. I just praise both. 4WD just kicks ***!
Old 04-26-2005
Se7enCyrus Racing/Motorsports

SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
STI ownz. Its better on track then evo, IMO. The engine placement of the STI is genius, along with many other geo factors that go into the car.
Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

^^^ 2.5L 300hp and 300trq against a 2.0L 276hp and 286 and yet the evo is faster to 60mph and slower in the 1/4th by .2 of second. (avg 0-60 and 1/4th time)

That's what makes me smile about the evo, less engine displacement, lesser HP, lesser TRQ but still out performs in certain aspects.
Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HorrorSkopes
^^^ are you sure about that? You don't wanna do a quick check (evoM.net) of STOCK evo's hitting high 12's, I would post some... but I wouldnt want to hurt you wrx guys feelings.

Yes I am sure about that. For your information, I'm a member of www.evolutionm.net and have been for quite some time. I see very few STOCK Evo's on that site dipping into the 12 second range. By far less then the number of STOCK STi's I see dipping into the 12's. So I will not retract my previous statement. Oh and by the way. You wouldn't hurt my feelings because I am not all about WRX's and STi's just because I have one. I love the Evo. I just don't like how there are a lot of uneducated kids around posting a lot of faulse information about them just because they think that it is the "all owning car". Let me list some WRX websites for you so you can further educate yourself before calling me out again. www.nasioc.com. www.i-club.com. www.clubwrx.net.

One last thing. I'm not only going by what's posted on websites. I have seen, first hand, a lot more stock STi's hitting 12's then stock Evo's at the local track here. New England Dragway in Epping NH.

Last edited by SLAMMED01CIV; 04-27-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

Exclamation

Yes I am sure about that. For your information, I'm a member of www.evolutionm.net and have been for quite some time. I see very few STOCK Evo's on that site dipping into the 12 second range. By far less then the number of STOCK STi's I see dipping into the 12's. So I will not retract my previous statement. Oh and by the way. You wouldn't hurt my feelings because I am not all about WRX's and STi's just because I have one. I love the Evo. I just don't like how there are a lot of uneducated kids around posting a lot of faulse information about them just because they think that it is the "all owning car". Let me list some WRX websites for you so you can further educate yourself before calling me out again. .

One last thing. I'm not only going by what's posted on websites. I have seen, first hand, a lot more stock STi's hitting 12's then stock Evo's at the local track here. New England Dragway in Epping NH.
^^^ calling me un-educated? You are the same guy that tried to "school me" in my thread about my car, but I schooled you... seems like your just as uneducated. I myself am a member of evoM.net, so I just don't spew off the mouth, I KNOW MY EVO INFO. I never called you out, so what are you talking about? Anyways, thanks for the sites... im already a member of:

www.nasioc.com
www.clubwrx.net

Ive been a member for quite some time there, when I was in the market for a wrx. I told my friend to sell his lancer oz and by a wrx which he did. (he is a member of cwrx)Im earning more money now, so im looking @ purchasing a evoIX (drops in october) or a slightly used 8MR.

I see bone stock STi's dipping into the 12 second range left and right. I don't see too many, if not any at all, Evo's hitting 12's bone stock.
I see very few STOCK Evo's on that site dipping into the 12 second range. By far less then the number of STOCK STi's I see dipping into the 12's. So I will not retract my previous statement.
Whoa, buddy... contridiction yourself in your own post. Thing is, I never said stock STi couldn't hit high 12's, I know they can... I said there are evo's on the evoM.net w/ slips that have and I could post if you like. Also, why are you arguing the statement with me that more STi can hit high 12's stock than evo's can? I know they can, I never disagreed with you

Last edited by HorrorSkopes; 04-27-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-27-2005
Se7enCyrus Racing/Motorsports

SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
Oh brother
Classic tread fight, we have all been there done that.