Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

"killing" a tC

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005IIPtC has a little shameless behaviour in the past
"killing" a tC

I like to read all the car forum pages.... but some of you guys have completely gone into the realm of bs.... I read a post here about how some guy in an EX "killed" a tC.

There NO way an EX without major modifications will even come CLOSE to outrunning a tC unless the driver of the tC has no clue what they are doing. I own a tC, and have embarrassed a few EX drivers already. The tC has almost 40 more horsepower, way more torque and MUCH better track times. I give Honda its due credit, and there are some stock models that will blast a tC, but the EX is a gas sipping grocery getter, thats it!! It is a nice car, and is reliable, but thats about it. Just the other night some little boy in an EX with a nasty sounding fart can underneath revved his engine at me and tried to race... and promptly had his *** handed to him, it was great entertainment! Saying that an EX will outrun a tC stock for stock would be like me saying my tC will outrun an rsx-s, which would be about as even as the EX vs tC. Even with an intake and exhaust, it would be no match for the EX. Some of you forget that a number of us have spent considerable amount of time under a hood (not just bolting on an intake) and know what is bs and what is a legitimate claim. It just makes you look bad to spew bs out like that. Like what you drive, whether or not it can outrun so and so... You drive a quality Honda product, no need to mess it up by claiming such nonsense!
Old 03-31-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
You sure set us straight! Wow who would have thought!
Old 03-31-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
who the fvck are you to come on here talking this bullshyt???.....what a weak attempt to try and defend your car.
Old 03-31-2005
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
yur car is just some sorry attempt by toyota to make a 'customizable' car. it looks like a toy car. i'm stickin with my vic.
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
i've got mail! yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!

troll boy always wins!

tC isn't fast enough to lay an *** whooping every time either. driver driver driver
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

Blainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 2005IIPtC
I like to read all the car forum pages.... but some of you guys have completely gone into the realm of bs.... I read a post here about how some guy in an EX "killed" a tC.

There NO way an EX without major modifications will even come CLOSE to outrunning a tC unless the driver of the tC has no clue what they are doing. I own a tC, and have embarrassed a few EX drivers already. The tC has almost 40 more horsepower, way more torque and MUCH better track times. I give Honda its due credit, and there are some stock models that will blast a tC, but the EX is a gas sipping grocery getter, thats it!! It is a nice car, and is reliable, but thats about it. Just the other night some little boy in an EX with a nasty sounding fart can underneath revved his engine at me and tried to race... and promptly had his *** handed to him, it was great entertainment! Saying that an EX will outrun a tC stock for stock would be like me saying my tC will outrun an rsx-s, which would be about as even as the EX vs tC. Even with an intake and exhaust, it would be no match for the EX. Some of you forget that a number of us have spent considerable amount of time under a hood (not just bolting on an intake) and know what is bs and what is a legitimate claim. It just makes you look bad to spew bs out like that. Like what you drive, whether or not it can outrun so and so... You drive a quality Honda product, no need to mess it up by claiming such nonsense!
While you are right that a tC SHOULD beat an EX, stock for stock, the civic driver's are not the ones who are ignorant if you think it is beyond the realm of feasibility. Manual EX's with good driving and conditions CAN break into the high 15's, and can be consistantly LOW 16's. If you think that your AVERAGE driver in a tC is going to do consistently better than that, you aren't as smart as you claim.
Old 03-31-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
back to the yota forum fagnuts
Old 03-31-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
dude, the guy that claimed he killed the tC had many people calling BS.... no need for you to come in here and tell us that.... we have enough ppl on here realizing how slow the civic is on a straight line. I have driven the tC, and I know it's faster.
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Blainestang
While you are right that a tC SHOULD beat an EX, stock for stock, the civic driver's are not the ones who are ignorant if you think it is beyond the realm of feasibility. Manual EX's with good driving and conditions CAN break into the high 15's, and can be consistantly LOW 16's. If you think that your AVERAGE driver in a tC is going to do consistently better than that, you aren't as smart as you claim.
Ok, I am not in any way taking away from Honda, if I didnt think they made good products I wouldnt have been in here looking around at all. But a stock EX in the high 15s is a tough one... low 16s I can see with an EXCELLENT driver. Just look at the LEGITIMATE track times out there. And you just said it yourself by comparing an EX with a very good driver to a tC with an average driver. And as far as someone mentioned about HP being built, not bought, what the F*** does that have to do with any of this? I too know about building horsepower, since I have had about 15 years experience building and working on engines. No one said anything about building horsepower. I was just stating that it is ignorant to go around making stupid claims... I dont go around saying that I outran a type s last night... cause anyone with even a shred of common sense would know better, unless granny was driving the type s. And as far as the rude and obviously adolescent replies that dont make much sense... go out and polish your fart can exhaust and buy yourself a turbonator.... it fits right with your obvious lack of knowledge
Old 03-31-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
just curious, you have had 15 years experience.... why in the world did you buy a tC??

Last edited by CuRiOuSfIsH; 03-31-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-31-2005
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
TCs' are ugly and are not very impressive either from a performance standpoint so I dont know what your point is except for the fact that you're in a civic forum talkin crap but what goes around comes around as you can see.
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

zen_master is on a distinguished road
should get urself a G35 coupe, IMO.
Old 03-31-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
yeah they are really fast i raced one at a light when they 1st came out just to see what they had...i figured hey its a scion easy win...i got my *** handed to me on a silver plate
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

If you actually read the thread about the civic killing the TC, there were people on there calling BS. There many reasons why the EX could've won.

1. The TC could've been an auto. The EX was a manual with mods. If the TC was a auto, there's greater drivetrain loss and taller gearing because its an auto.

lets say its an auto, i dont know the to the wheels hp of a auto TC, but lets guesstimate and say 20% lose of hp from the drivetrain. 160*.80= 128hp. The guy in the ex civic had I/H/E on his car. There's a dyno with someone with those mods on this site that got 125hp to the wheels. Now add the more aggressive gearing of the manual then the ex can win, if the driver is pretty decent.

2. The TC was a manual, but he could've been a very poor driver. You can be in a ferrai and still lose to civic, if you shift like ****.

3. The EX wasn't stock, but the TC so he could tell was.

I agree stock for stock, with equal drivers, the TC would win.

You drive a scion, thats a grocery getter as well. I'm sorry the TC is faster then a ex civic, but its still slow as hell.

The TC so far, probably offers the best bang for your buck. I was going to get one but i couldn't wait 9months for it to come so i got my civic. I actually likes the looks of the civic better, but i like how the TC has a little more go.

Last edited by TemjinX2; 03-31-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
just curious, you have had 15 years experience.... why in the world did you buy a tC??
I wanted a quality car that I can drive everyday on the street, and that I can mod enough to have fun with. The tC has a well proven engine and tranny, can handle a good amount of mods easily, and is coming out with a ton of factory waranteed mods. And having a degree in engineering as well as having worked on and rebuilt cars my whole life... I was very impressed by the way it was designed and laid out. It handles well, and has all of the features I could want stock. Features that many cars that cost much more do not have. And as far as someone saying its ugly... its great to have your own opinion. I have people comment on the car constantly, especially noting how it looks and feels like a much more expensive ride. And as long as I like it, that is what matters. But the women giving me compliments from other vehicles doesnt hurt either. ;-)

Like I said, I think honda has some very nice vehicles.. and would love to have an Acura as well. I am not bashing the hondas in any way, I just hate bullshitters. If I am looking for a car to seriously race, I am not looking for a 20,000 toyota, honda, acura, etc. If I want that, I am going to start with something a little more. But for fun on the street and an occasional race for fun, I have been more than happy with the tC. Sorry if I pissed anyone off.... well maybe not.. if a little **** talking pisses you off that much... then you needed it ;-) For the rest of you, enjoy what you drive and be happy it isnt a dodge :-)
Old 03-31-2005
Back From The Banned!

on a sidenote, considering you own a different car to prove a point in a Civic forum.... youre one of the nicer ppl. I have been around for quite some time.... I have seen a good share of the nasty ppl. So.... welcome I guess.
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mugenman
yeah they are really fast i raced one at a light when they 1st came out just to see what they had...i figured hey its a scion easy win...i got my *** handed to me on a silver plate

Thats ok... I had an srt-4 jump me the other night... sucks to be outrun by a neon LOL But I'll give him 6 months and race him.. if it still runs! heh heh

Nice avatar by the way.. guitar, women, cars....... I definitely agreee
Old 03-31-2005
my civic has no boost

Thats ok... I had an srt-4 jump me the other night... sucks to be outrun by a neon LOL But I'll give him 6 months and race him.. if it still runs! heh heh

Nice avatar by the way.. guitar, women, cars....... I definitely agreee
u cant call it a neon man......no neon can do that. its an SRT-4...lol 2 different things in my mind.
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by hotrodcivic2004
u cant call it a neon man......no neon can do that. its an SRT-4...lol 2 different things in my mind.
Yeah, but its still a rebadged dodge with forced induction
Which means the tranny will last about a year if they are lucky. Plus, I could strap a turbo or sc on anything and make it insanely fast... but it wouldnt last LOL but to each his own I guess!
Old 03-31-2005
Back From The Banned!

^^^^ i wonder if ppl say the same for the Civic type R/Integra Type-R and WRX-Sti, and Lancer Evo
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
on a sidenote, considering you own a different car to prove a point in a Civic forum.... youre one of the nicer ppl. I have been around for quite some time.... I have seen a good share of the nasty ppl. So.... welcome I guess.

i agree, he's one of the nicer forums trolls, but i don't think he actually read through the thread. If he read through the thread, i don't think he would've been posting this thread in the first place. I think he just read the thread topic and thought we were like streetkiaz.com.
Old 03-31-2005
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, I am not in any way taking away from Honda, if I didnt think they made good products I wouldnt have been in here looking around at all. But a stock EX in the high 15s is a tough one... low 16s I can see with an EXCELLENT driver. Just look at the LEGITIMATE track times out there. And you just said it yourself by comparing an EX with a very good driver to a tC with an average driver. And as far as someone mentioned about HP being built, not bought, what the F*** does that have to do with any of this? I too know about building horsepower, since I have had about 15 years experience building and working on engines. No one said anything about building horsepower. I was just stating that it is ignorant to go around making stupid claims... I dont go around saying that I outran a type s last night... cause anyone with even a shred of common sense would know better, unless granny was driving the type s. And as far as the rude and obviously adolescent replies that dont make much sense... go out and polish your fart can exhaust and buy yourself a turbonator.... it fits right with your obvious lack of knowledge
I would say that a civic Ex and a TC is more of a drivers race than a TC and a type S. The person did run a 15.8 in a stock ex that has been proven. I never heard anyone saying that a stock ex would beat a 5spd TC, but with out a doubt it can happen and is believeable a TC is just not that much faster were driver error and variances in power in different gears and portions of a power band could result in a loss to a TC. However unlikely it may be stock to stock, a modded ex vs a TC would be even closer and some NA civics that have been lightened would have an advantage. Now all of this is 5spd to 5spd, a 5spd ex vs a auto TC from a dig I think would be about even stock to stock.

So I guess that it is you ignorance that will bite you in the a$$ when you roll up on a ex that has the right NA mods with a few lbs sheaded, and good driver and you get owned.

Last edited by bgoetz; 03-31-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2005
Back From The Banned!

bwahahaha! ^^ funny that you brought streetkiaz up....
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

^^^^
lol.... i know i'm late with the streetkiaz jokes, but i had to take a shot lol.
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

Yeah, but its still a rebadged dodge with forced induction
Which means the tranny will last about a year if they are lucky. Plus, I could strap a turbo or sc on anything and make it insanely fast... but it wouldnt last LOL but to each his own I guess!

yeah i agree with you on that. A srt-4 is still a neon. Just like a rsx is still a civic and a evo is still a lancer.
Old 03-31-2005
my civic has no boost

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
.....Just like a rsx is still a civic....
lol i thought the rsx wuz the integra?
Old 03-31-2005
Banned

I guess if your point is that a Stock TC is faster than a stock ex = drivers than that is obviously true to I would hope everyone on this forum. I just am not to sure about a auto TC I have ran my friends base RSX with the auto shift way to many times and know what that 160hp + auto tranny=
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bgoetz
I would say that a civic Ex and a TC is more of a drivers race than a TC and a type S. The person did run a 15.8 in a stock ex that has been proven. I never heard anyone saying that a stock ex would beat a 5spd TC, but with out a doubt it can happen and is believeable a TC is just not that much faster were driver error and variances in power in different gears and portions of a power band could result in a loss to a TC. However unlikely it may be stock to stock, a modded ex vs a TC would be even closer and some NA civics that have been lightened would have an advantage. Now all of this is 5spd to 5spd, a 5spd ex vs a auto TC from a dig I think would be about even stock to stock.

So I guess that it is you ignorance that will bite you in the a$$ when you roll up on a ex that has the right NA mods with a few lbs sheaded and you get owned.
Probably not considering that I am in the process of adding everything from the intake to the exhaust. The forced induction comes next... And that was a pretty useless thing to say. I could just as well say that "If I added a stage 3 turbo I could outrun XXX". That means nothing for what we are comparing. And considering that all of the test drives and timeslips I have EVER seen put the EX at mid 16s in the 1/4 mile, I would love to see the driver that was "proven" to run a 15.8. Wow, almost a full second faster than all of the legitimate tests out there for a stock EX. Just look it up yourself, there are tons of tests out there one them. And adding an intake and exhaust still would not put you in the lead. And even the right NA mods would not "Own" me, MAYBE beat the tC but not own.
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by hotrodcivic2004
lol i thought the rsx wuz the integra?

JDM integra = USDM RSX

well slight difference since JDM has hids and recaro seats but there basically the same car. They all use the same chassis.
Old 03-31-2005
Banned

What is with this TC troll stuff any ways??????? One of them emailed me asking to meet up and race LOL