Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Car Chase (true story)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005
7th Gen Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
Car Chase (true story)

This past summer, a friend called me up to ask if I could drive him someplace. A little curious and a little guarded, I asked what for. He said he needed to stop by his ex-girlfriends for something. Completely bored and now very curious (this "friend" is always getting into trouble) I agree to drive him. We drive out into this woodsy residential area about 30 minutes from the coast. The streets are all very clean and wide, and the houses are far apart with a few side streets every now and then. We stop a a little shack with a red 530i sport package in the drive.

I wait in the car only to find my friend run out of the house shouting "Get 'er going! We gotta roll out RIGHT NOW!" Completely confused and unwilling to get arrested for this punk I refuse until he tell me what happened. I find out the ex's step dad was there (who had vowed to kill my friend if he ever saw him again). Right on cue, a HUGE guy runs out and jumps in the bimmer. Did I mention he is a drug dealer?

I floor it and tear down the street. The 530 burns out of the driveway and takes off after us... quickly enough I can hear the car over the scream of the D17 trying its best to go fast. I turn a corner and accelerate... I'm doing about 75 when I turn to see the bimmer catching up more than I wanted to see. An intersection is coming up... I slow to about 50 and yell for my passenger to hold on. I jerk the wheel left, then right quickly - shifting the cars weight... I pull the e-brake and drift the car 90º, drop it into 2nd gear and left the clutch rip..... drifting into a perfect 4-wheel slide. I clear the corner already redlined in 2nd gear, mash third. Another intersection came up shortly. I turn - normally this time. As I'm turning, my friend checks to tell me the bimmer is just rounding the last turn. I continue down the street, turn once more at another intersection and pull into a gas station... and slam to a halt behind the building. Just as the dust settled, we hear a car zoom past at full throttle.

The moral of this story was not to ever listen to your shady friend when he needs to you to "drive him someplace." Now that I've said my responsible disclaimer... dear God was it fun to be in a high speed chase and win! Just wanted to share the experience - but please - don't flame the post for my own stupidity or follow in my example. I learned my lesson by realizing how close I came to a bad ending.

Last edited by LogicWavelength; 01-23-2005 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

jemdogs is an unknown quantity at this point
holy crap man you must have some crazy mad driving skillz! if that had been me i would have stalled or hit a tree

im glad no one got hurt tho, i dont want to think what could have happened if a big scary dug dealer caught you. eek.
Old 01-23-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Couple of tips.... "Drifting" is allways the slowest way through a turn, especially when you pull the E-brake. and Droping the clutch mid turn is a great way to cause extra understeer and generally unbalance the car.... Learn Heel toe and bask in the smooth cornering goodness.

and just to be first in what is destined to be a thread full of Flaming and BS calling....
I dont condone driving fast on surface streets, there are way to many unknowns to make it safe. However considering fear and panic were involved... keeping it safe probably never crossed your mind. just be glad you did come out safe, and dont make it a habbit. I'd question your friendship too....
Old 01-23-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
you should get that published!
Old 01-23-2005
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
well... I was the first to say that I myself even don't condone driving like that... especially on residential streets. And as a P.S. to the story... that incident was a turning point in the friendship.... I only hung out with the kid one time after that... in which he robbed my house. He was caught and is pending trial. I don't hang out with that crowd anymore... don't know why I started in the first place.

and also... about heel-toe downshifting, I am very aware that is the most efficient way to slow for a turn, apex it, and accelerate out, but in a panic situation, my train-of-thought was "crap... 530... crap... fast... crap... gonna die" so i did what came to me at the moment

Last edited by LogicWavelength; 01-23-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-23-2005
The Original F*ckin Angry Armenian

ArtIntown11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Couple of tips.... "Drifting" is allways the slowest way through a turn, especially when you pull the E-brake. and Droping the clutch mid turn is a great way to cause extra understeer and generally unbalance the car.... Learn Heel toe and bask in the smooth cornering goodness.

and just to be first in what is destined to be a thread full of Flaming and BS calling....
I dont condone driving fast on surface streets, there are way to many unknowns to make it safe. However considering fear and panic were involved... keeping it safe probably never crossed your mind. just be glad you did come out safe, and dont make it a habbit. I'd question your friendship too....

Bro there is never a thread where I dont learn something from you! LOL
Old 01-23-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
great story.... one time i was on my scooter (1987 50cc honda elite) and some hick started chasing me on dirt roads in nh with his beat up silverado because i was aggrevating him...... i eventually got away just because i went down a narrow street with huge potholes that i could dodge but he backed off. i stopped driving near his house.

one of my friends was almost sideswiped buy some pric in a vic on the highway b4 and he called the cops and they told him to chase the kid so that the cop a few miles ahead would know which civic it is. ( the kid had a integra type r so of course he had fun)

wicked fun story tho dude
Old 01-23-2005
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
i got chased by an econoline once cuz i honked at his kid while he dropped him off at the school. hell i should post a thread on that...........
Old 01-23-2005
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
Mad skills man!! you deserve a rep.
Old 01-23-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
holy cow... thats creepy man, well, yeah, don't hang with shady people.
Old 01-23-2005
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
That is exactly why I want a swap or turbo.