Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Finally I was beaten by an SI

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally I was beaten by an SI

I got him the first run then he got me the next two. 1st race I had him the whole way until I shut down at 115. 2nd and 3rd race, 1st gear through 2nd we were even then 3rd gear VTEC kicked in and he pulled on me. The guy who owned the car that I was supposed to race and probally could have beaten got stuck at work. So I agreed to let his friend drive eventhough I know he is a bad *** driver. He has driven several people's cars to their best time at the track. I want to run the owner next time and at the track. I think the outcome may be a little different. Maybe not? Can't win em all I guess.
Still 2 and 1 when it comes to SI's.
Old 12-12-2004
Registered!!

solo_rider is an unknown quantity at this point
what mods you have??
Old 12-12-2004
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats what profiles are for: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/me...p?userid=23222
Old 12-12-2004
Registered!!

Rsxtc is an unknown quantity at this point
you have only raced 3 SI's total, losing to one... and yet you make it sound like you beat them all the time ("Finally lost to an SI")

Hmmmm
Old 12-13-2004
Registered!!

Arith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Exclamation

nice kill and death... you must be one hell of a driver.
Old 12-13-2004
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
nice.. but u shoudlnt have bought an 04 and stripped it down.
shoulda bought an older civic.. u would get better numbers from n/a set up there...
Old 12-13-2004

Originally Posted by Rsxtc
you have only raced 3 SI's total, losing to one... and yet you make it sound like you beat them all the time ("Finally lost to an SI")

Hmmmm

well 2 in a row, then finally lost? Guess you took it the wrong way.
Old 12-13-2004
Registered!!

Having only beat 2 of a specific car entitles you to assume that you'd walk on it all the time? Hmmmm... I think a more appropriate title would be: "Finally encountered an SI driven by someone who knows how to drive"

Originally Posted by Redline04
...then 3rd gear VTEC kicked in and he pulled on me.

BTW... if you know anything about SI's, then you should know that they don't have the "real" vtec that the k20a2 has. Lol...it just sounds like the typical 16-yr old boyracer comment: "OMG....veetech just kicked in and pwned me."
Old 12-13-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
I've beaten a handfull of si's. It all depends on the driver. I have CAI, exhaust,short shifter, and the back gutted. I beat 3 diff. drivers on an 00 si. 2 other 00 si's and 2 02 si's. I also beat a 93 civic coupe with a b16 swap. I have no doubt that if they were driving my car and i was driving the si that the si would have won but It's all about the driver. BTW: all of those races were from a dead stop.
Old 12-13-2004
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
Old 12-13-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
I've beaten a handfull of si's. It all depends on the driver. I have CAI, exhaust,short shifter, and the back gutted. I beat 3 diff. drivers on an 00 si. 2 other 00 si's and 2 02 si's. I also beat a 93 civic coupe with a b16 swap. I have no doubt that if they were driving my car and i was driving the si that the si would have won but It's all about the driver. BTW: all of those races were from a dead stop.
yep, i agree that you were racing shitty drivers.

If the driver of any SI knew how to drive, I have no doubt that it'll take the 2k1 civic time after time.
Old 12-13-2004

Having only beat 2 of a specific car entitles you to assume that you'd walk on it all the time? Hmmmm... I think a more appropriate title would be: "Finally encountered an SI driven by someone who knows how to drive"

BTW... if you know anything about SI's, then you should know that they don't have the "real" vtec that the k20a2 has. Lol...it just sounds like the typical 16-yr old boyracer comment: "OMG....veetech just kicked in and pwned me."
Ok buddy go back to your RSX forum. I'm sorry I didn't attend the "how to title a post" class. Musta missed that one. Next time I'll make sure I consult you first before I make a post so I can have your approval. Well truth is I don't know much about SI's or VTEC because I don't have either. You got me. I guess I don't know what "real" VTEC is like in your so cool rsx.
And it's not like he killed me. It was very close then he slowly walked away on the top end. At the track it would have been close, but on the street we were definitly going faster then either of us would be trapping. Besides I did get him that first run and I was spinning a lot. I am trying to set up a rematch at the track for next weekend. I don't know what you run in your rsx, but lets just say I'm predicting times close to what a stock rsx would run. Check my sig for my last time I went to the track. I gotta couple more goodies that should help me get there and for about 10K less then a brand new RSX-type S with a car that has half the HP.
Old 12-13-2004
Registered!!

Blainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura about
yep, i agree that you were racing shitty drivers.

If the driver of any SI knew how to drive, I have no doubt that it'll take the 2k1 civic time after time.
He run's 15.7's. Neither the 99-00 Si nor 02+ Si average better times than that. Sure, a very small amount may beat that stock, but most don't. Totally believable races. I can't believe you are so hardcore about how he should have lost when it's totally a driver's race between the 2 cars.
Old 12-13-2004

Originally Posted by Blainestang
He run's 15.7's. Neither the 99-00 Si nor 02+ Si average better times than that. Sure, a very small amount may beat that stock, but most don't. Totally believable races. I can't believe you are so hardcore about how he should have lost when it's totally a driver's race between the 2 cars.
exactly, and this SI wasn't stock(none of them where), said he had intake and header, but I never saw under the hood, so who knows what he had. Looking forward to a rematch at the track with the owner behind the wheel. There I can get em at the tree out the hole and there is a finish line. Plus I can do some tweaks that I normally don't do on the street. If he wins then I will admit defeat again. Up until the last two races I was 5-0 between the three SI's that I have raced, that is why I said "finally".
Old 12-13-2004
Sekz God

NoToRiOuSxPiNoY is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok buddy go back to your RSX forum. I'm sorry I didn't attend the "how to title a post" class. Musta missed that one. Next time I'll make sure I consult you first before I make a post so I can have your approval. Well truth is I don't know much about SI's or VTEC because I don't have either. You got me. I guess I don't know what "real" VTEC is like in your so cool rsx.
And it's not like he killed me. It was very close then he slowly walked away on the top end. At the track it would have been close, but on the street we were definitly going faster then either of us would be trapping. Besides I did get him that first run and I was spinning a lot. I am trying to set up a rematch at the track for next weekend. I don't know what you run in your rsx, but lets just say I'm predicting times close to what a stock rsx would run. Check my sig for my last time I went to the track. I gotta couple more goodies that should help me get there and for about 10K less then a brand new RSX-type S with a car that has half the HP.
And if he guts his interior like you did and did the weight reduction.. what do you think he'll do to your car? Sorry bro when you say you can run what stock rsx run means nothing if he does the weight reduction like you did. Not flaming just pointing out.
Old 12-14-2004
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
ran 15.5 regularly on my old stock 2000 Si. (best run of 15.4 stock) with just i/h/e ran 14.9. that car responded well to mods. i saw old Si's with i/h/e and vafc running 14.7's. the old Si is faster than the new Si.
Old 12-14-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Yea, old si might be bit faster than new ones.

I ran 14.8 with intake, header and chip
Anyways,good race.
Old 12-14-2004
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
haha i'll give ya a chip. come find me in germantown you filthy mequon *****.
Old 12-14-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Originally Posted by S2000man01
haha i'll give ya a chip. come find me in germantown you filthy mequon *****.
Old 12-14-2004

JetBlu01 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah man cant win 'em all...russell one of the best drivers around these parks
Old 12-14-2004
Registered!!

First off... did i tell you how to title your post? It was a mere suggestion, said in a lil tongue in cheek manner, so don't take it personally.

You claim to be one of (if not, THE fastest) N/A 7thgen on this site. And along with that, I get the notion that you think you're faster than most, civic SI's out there. Just a reality check: 15.7 isn't much to brag about. Especially when there are many EPs out there running 14s N/A. And to top it off, they're still enjoying the seats in their cars, along with A/C, power steering, stereo, and door panels. Need i say more?

"...then 3rd gear VTEC kicked in and he pulled on me"

LOL...this just cracks me up
Old 12-14-2004
Registered!!

I can't believe you are so hardcore about how he should have lost when it's totally a driver's race between the 2 cars.
Suuure.... just like how it's a driver's race between the base RSX and the Type- S.

Old 12-14-2004
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are you coming into his post and trying to flame him when all he is saying is he lost to an Si??? The thing is you spend all of your time in the rsx or tc forum otherwise you would know that redline is a damn good driver and has the slips to prove it. A warning to you he is liked and respected by many in this forum including me. So I sugest you either pull the baseball bat from your a$$ and post with some respect or prepare to be flamed and have the worst rep in 7th gen.

Cliff notes: fvck off a$$hole
go back to the tc forum d!ckface
drive your rsx into your brothers tc and do us all a favor
Old 12-14-2004
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
I got him the first run then he got me the next two. 1st race I had him the whole way until I shut down at 115. 2nd and 3rd race, 1st gear through 2nd we were even then 3rd gear VTEC kicked in and he pulled on me. The guy who owned the car that I was supposed to race and probally could have beaten got stuck at work. So I agreed to let his friend drive eventhough I know he is a bad *** driver. He has driven several people's cars to their best time at the track. I want to run the owner next time and at the track. I think the outcome may be a little different. Maybe not? Can't win em all I guess.
Still 2 and 1 when it comes to SI's.
good runs it is can't beat all of the SIs in this world
Old 12-14-2004

First off... did i tell you how to title your post? It was a mere suggestion, said in a lil tongue in cheek manner, so don't take it personally.

You claim to be one of (if not, THE fastest) N/A 7thgen on this site. And along with that, I get the notion that you think you're faster than most, civic SI's out there. Just a reality check: 15.7 isn't much to brag about. Especially when there are many EPs out there running 14s N/A. And to top it off, they're still enjoying the seats in their cars, along with A/C, power steering, stereo, and door panels. Need i say more?

"...then 3rd gear VTEC kicked in and he pulled on me"

LOL...this just cracks me up
Ok I don't know of any bigger ******* on this site that is gonna try to tell someone how to title their post. It's my post not yours, if you don't like it leave. I never said 15.7 was blazing fast. That's about to change this weekend anyway. For what I have it is damn good and one of the best times I've seen for a NA d17a1 with only 100-110whp.
I still have ac, stereo and door panels. Get your facts straight. Only rear seats are gone, passenger is swapped out for races.

Now I'm not some punk kid, I'm 24yrs old. I always had domestics before this car. So your right I don't know much about imports. I'm learning more each day. To the best of my knowlege VTEC does "kick" in at higher RPMs.

"At the engine speed and throttle position programmed into the computer's memory map a signal is sent which electronically opens a spool valve, which then directs oil pressure to a mechanical sliding pin. This pin locks the rocker arms actuating the valves to the follower on the high-rpm cam lobe. As this grind is steeper and higher then the other four cams it will supersede them. In a few milliseconds you have completely altered the valve timing and the engine's power band begins anew."

Now just cause you have I-VTEC, the old VTEC isn't real VTEC?
Variable valve Timing and lift Electronic Control. That's what it stands for and that's what it does so why wouldn't it be real VTEC?
Now yes I-VTEC is better, but it's just natural for improvements to be made over time.
Just do us all a favor and leave. don't know who said it first but I'll say it again.
"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics even if you win your still retarded."
You win.

Last edited by Redline04; 12-14-2004 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-14-2004
Registered!!

LOL....some of you here are really funny. You seem to live in your own fantasy world, thinking that your civics with "weight reduction" are faster than almost all SI's & base rsx's out there. (when in actuality, comparing the fastest cars from each side shows that there's more than a 1 second difference between the two in the quarter mile. I wonder when this train of thought will extend, and some of you start to believe that with your "weight reduction", your civics will be able to competitively race type-s's and s2ks. Don't even get me started on how stupid i think your "weight reduction" is. But then again, it's your car....go screw it up in whatever way you like.

Bgoetz, you need to learn to see the difference between flaming someone, and giving them a reality check. That being said, why don't you sit down and have a nive cup of STFU?
Old 12-14-2004
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
everything can go back in when you're done at the track if you gut your interior...so you're not really screwing it up, just modifying it to race, then put it all back in time to pick up the kids from school
Old 12-14-2004
O RLY

Suuure.... just like how it's a driver's race between the base RSX and the Type- S.

he is referring to the guy's civic vs a stock Si. that IS a driver's race.
Old 12-14-2004
O RLY

LOL....some of you here are really funny. You seem to live in your own fantasy world, thinking that your civics with "weight reduction" are faster than almost all SI's & base rsx's out there. (when in actuality, comparing the fastest cars from each side shows that there's more than a 1 second difference between the two in the quarter mile. I wonder when this train of thought will extend, and some of you start to believe that with your "weight reduction", your civics will be able to competitively race type-s's and s2ks. Don't even get me started on how stupid i think your "weight reduction" is. But then again, it's your car....go screw it up in whatever way you like.

Bgoetz, you need to learn to see the difference between flaming someone, and giving them a reality check. That being said, why don't you sit down and have a nive cup of STFU?
I didn't see anyone in this thread claiming that their 15.7 civic could beat or was faster than almost all the base RSX's or Si's out there. Now you're simply putting words into people's mouths. Get off your high horse.
Old 12-14-2004
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point

I usually don't join in on these rediculous flamming wars, but you my friend, are unreal. The kid posted something that is completly believable and you just have to start flamming him. Since you seem completly clueless on weight reduction, I'll help you out a little bit. Much to your disbelief, "gutting" your interior helps out quite a bit in drag racing. Actually any type of racing for that matter. A general rule of thumb, if I am not mistaken, is for every 100-150lbs removed from your car, you knock off .1 in the 1/4 mile. From my experiences at the track .1 is a difference that is quite noticable. From the sounds of it, this kid has probably removed over 200lbs from his car. So in all reality, he made his car noticably quicker. Now if you want to keep ragging on civics because you have an RSX that you think is God. I'll start ragging on you for your car because in my case, your car is a slow as a civic. Grow up and move on buddy. Oh and to the original poster. Nice races kid. Keep up the good work on the car. Not too many people choose the N/A route. It's something to be proud of if you're pulling off some good times.

Quick Reply: Finally I was beaten by an SI