Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

A little Neon/SRT-4 Etiquette for Y'all.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meseetree is on a distinguished road
yes but it is funny to expand your thoughts!
Old 08-12-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
theirs nothing wrong with comparing turbo vs stock.. srt-4 vs rsx-s... well, the srt-4 IS stock turbo. if its an aftermarket turbo that didn't come with the car from the dealers lot, then thats a different story.

refer to Pharoh's pictures/quotes if you want to know what i think
Old 08-12-2004
IM RICH BIACH!

Solidus is on a distinguished road
What would you guys think of me if i traded in my civic for an srt-4?
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

xtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura about
i will never trade in my civic for a srt-4
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

Jhonda has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by EternalVTEC
I've said it once, ill say it again. ANYONE CAN BE FAST WITH A TURBO!! wheres the pride in bolting on a little fan that forces your engine to make power, as opposed to tuning the engine to get the most out of it.

like someone else said, before the turbo, no one cared about them, they were easily beaten, and were considered uncool. now, dodge takes a neon body(aslo mitsu lancer platform), takes the EVO engine(which is basicly a plain jane 4 banger before the turbo), de-tunes it, deprives it of the AWD. gives it a useless ricer wing. and makes it a wanna be EVO.

i have more respect for someone who beats me with an N/A. they require more skill and knowledge to make power.

big freaking whoop, your car goes psssst when you shift, ooooooh! im impressed(end sarcasm)

Its not gonna take much to beat you with all motor (which doesn't take much more skill or knowledge. I not just talking about you but to all who have civics, focus, neons...etc
Old 08-12-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Solidus
What would you guys think of me if i traded in my civic for an srt-4?
i wouldn't mind driving an Neon Srt-4. i'd trade in my civic if it were a steal; like my civic coupe +1g... i'd go for it. but i think it'd depend on what you do with your cars and such. if i did, ill most likely race the **** outta it and treasure it as a beater.
Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

EternalVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Jhonda
Its not gonna take much to beat you with all motor (which doesn't take much more skill or knowledge. I not just talking about you but to all who have civics, focus, neons...etc

youre one of those guys who thinks that Nitrous is'nt cheating(oh, wait, you probably call it NAWWSSSS!)
Old 08-13-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
Since I have a civic, Yes I am gonna hate on a srt-4 that paid 20k and is fast as hell. But if I had seen the srt-4 before i bought my civic then I would have got a srt-4. Yeah it sucks cause it's a neon and face it, neons are fruity, but with a headlight conversion it would look alot better and well, bang for your buck, you can't beat the srt-4
Old 08-13-2004
IM RICH BIACH!

Solidus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by EternalVTEC
youre one of those guys who thinks that Nitrous is'nt cheating(oh, wait, you probably call it NAWWSSSS!)
I agree with the fact that Nitrous is concidered cheating. It is definately an unfair advantage imo. But I dissagree with the fact that a turbo should be placed into the same catergory at Nos.

The way i look at it is that i have a lot of respect for someone who spends the money and builds a turbo kit and beats me with that. I have no respect for someone who saved a little moola and buys Nitrous just so he can immediately use spray and smoke me instantly.
I think that is rediculous (again imo)
Oh and i definately agree that it is completely asinine when people call Nitrous NAWWWWSSS!
Old 08-15-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
you guys are all funny!!!!
**** why dont you just go buy your self an SS comaro with 30,000 miles on it for 14k?
thats 340hp!
wow makes ya think differnt about how a RSX and neon are for price eh?
ohh want it new?
check ford!
yes I know i hate ford too but check
see that on thier new site?
yes that mustang... Now go yes go and look at the specs and the cost
ya case rested.

AS!!!!!!! for the original topic of this thread. I often have regular RSX try to race me giving me the grunt and i just luagh because I know for a fact they are slow as me . Well just about
Im boosting the vic got pricing. When i do Im hunting vr6's and wrx's and yes i will go after STI!!
why STI because I got an auto and if he can't nail every shift right when Im running 9psi hes going to loose or break almost even

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 08-15-2004 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

Stone is an unknown quantity at this point
Bang for the buck the SRT wins when factoring in hp/dollar/reliability/modability and how hard it is to obtain that level of power/comfort/convenience/reliability

BUT to me its a cookie-cutter car, and now that I think of it...I never imagined a neon being any part of the import scene except for the occassional lowrider neons we used to see.

I really do like its looks, but the performance isnt really that great but it IS on par for a $20K pricetag. I dont think anyone can dispute that.

That said: I would never buy one but I would recommend it, to someone who wants to go fast (relatively) quick that doesnt have the knowledge or motivation to make whatever they want(civic, rsx, integra, cavalier whatever they fancy) go fast.

forced induction is in thanks to F&F and all the other media out there......a $20K SRT is a quick and easy way to get into the scene without knowing **** about a car. You dont even have to know how to change the freaking oil! And you can get one lol.

The good thing about all this is a lot of these guys buying cars that are factory turbo'd are F'in their **** up, which in combination with simply higher sales numbers of aftermarket stuff is helping EXTREMELY to reduce the prices in the aftermarket.

Think about it...I LOVE the fact that now anyone with the $$ can just mosey on over to a dealership and get a pretty fast car for little dough.

More car sales = more competition = cheaper, better, faster cars

Also the ricer wave is reducing prices of stuff every day that passes

I personally dont care that Mr. SRT or Mr. Turbo'd Sentra or whatever blows his engine or tranny or whatever.

That just means cheaper/better stuff for me and you in the long run

Plus since I am a domestic guy at heart I REALLY enjoy seeing all the new badass imports coming out and are holding their own against the domestics.

It means the domestics are going to have to:
1. get in on the action (read: SRT4 and '05 Cobalt SS)
or 2. Up the ante (read: Blue Devil, C6 Z06, 06 Cobra, and 06(?) LS2 GTO)

I cant wait until GM and Ford start turning out some domestic turbo'd cars

Its always good to have a good mix. Nobody wants us to all drive the same car, right? This is whats makes it fun. The ****-talking, etc.

Its not as fun racing the same car as you is it? I love comparison races like 'teg vs Cobra etc because there are two side that both re rooting for their own. It puts people into a group and thats also what makes it fun. You gotta have some sorta communion.

As far as the SRT boys go (back on topic) they can go ahead and say they beat this and that...but they are just hyping themselves up for a disappointment when they line up to the real thing(except for the few who actually know a thing or two)

So the next time you hear something like this:

SRT Sam or whoever: "My stock XXX pulled 3 cars on a pullied '03 Cobra"
Joe Schmo: "Cool"

And leave it at that. The best way to deal with this is just let them learn the hard way: At the light.

Also...I would like to note that not everyone knows how to make cars fast. Some people just dont get it. For them the SRTs a good choice because its new, has a warranty, pretty fast, pretty cheap, pretty good mileage, and basically not a bad deal when compared overall.

I honestly cant think of another *NEW $20K 4 door turbo car thats as fast right out the door. Is there anything else? 4 door/turbo/low 14's/$20K? Help me out is there seriously? I know theres faster cars but what about that criteria?

I think I might go test drive one tomorrow if I get bored...I wanna ride in one and see why they feel so fast to their owners...not that I would buy one, but its good to know your opponents.

What were we talking about gain? ....oh yeah....
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

FTK01CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
neon....

SRT4...

Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FTK01CIVIC
neon....

SRT4...

Oh yeah.....right.....

You guys know there is actually a filter on my 'home' board(which will remain anonymous) that filters out the word "SRT" or "S.R.T." etc and changes it to "NeonNeonNeon" ?

Thats classic! Funny as hell when the SRT boys mosey over and start talking **** and every time they mention their car......"NeonNeonNeon" !!
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

6thGen_99 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dunno man, i understand what you mean, but i would still never buy a neon. i'd pretty much never buy american cars.
Old 08-30-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
I personally dont care that Mr. SRT or Mr. Turbo'd Sentra or whatever blows his engine or tranny or whatever.

That just means cheaper/better stuff for me and you in the long run
In the end it does effect you and me. After getting beaten by an SRT4 one will usually look for waya to make the car faster. Faster cars break parts more often. When I had my mazda a replacement trans would cost a pretty penny because people would keep breaking em racing other cars.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Got Boost???
In the end it does effect you and me. After getting beaten by an SRT4 one will usually look for waya to make the car faster. Faster cars break parts more often. When I had my mazda a replacement trans would cost a pretty penny because people would keep breaking em racing other cars.
If nobody ever broke'em then it would be a lot more expensive to fix....

The more volume there is, the lower the price goes down. Well, usually anyways. It also depends on how many different applications its used on too.

Im just saying that the more people there are in the scene actually buying stuff = more businesses that sell that stuff...regardless of what it is...

If everyone suddenly had a teddy-bear fetish....eventually everyone would be selling teddy-bears. Then teddy-bear prices would go down because of competition between different vendors.

See what I mean?

If nobody ever blew a Miata transmission before...then its not likely there would be anyone who specialized in them in your area. So you would have to pay a higher premium to get it done. The more they break...the more money they make(the business community) and they can start lowering prices.

I think at this point anything pre-1990 isnt going to go down any more if any, not much. But all the mid-late nineties and newer products still have room to get cheaper.

blah.....im just rambling
Old 08-31-2004
Registered!!

Fireside510 is an unknown quantity at this point
after reading this thread i get the general idea that theres this little argument going back and forth between an srt-4 and a civic with the k20 swap or whatever the else you do to it. Well if you spend this much money you'll be faster than the srt-4 so after you spent 20k you have yourself a 13 sec car.

I could take a mid 80's firebird for like $1000 stick a 347 stroker engine in it for aroun $4k find a used super charger for like $500 you'd be pushing around 650 to the wheels throw some slicks on and you'd be running 10's on the quarter.

lets add it up. $5,500 well just add an additional $3000 for random expenses for fun for a grand total of $8500.

I would like to see any civic beat that without spending more than double that money. Even still I doubt it will even get into the 11s.

On the quarter mile track nothing can match the the v8 powerplant without spending an obseen amount of money.
Old 09-01-2004
Registered!!

well....my point was, that you can get the SRT like it is right of the showroom floor...no BS, just pay and you get it. Plus a warranty if you care about things like that....

building cars isnt for everybody...the SRT is an easy way into the game and to 'learn the ropes'.

again, I dont care for the SRT, but it is a viable option for some...

I just hate how people talk so much trash about the car, just because its not what they drive, or because the SRT's image was poorly represented by some(ok a lot) of owners, causing that image to represent what the SRT is about (subconciously).

BUT..... its cool to keep things interesting, because I DO like a little trash talk every now and then.. . Just its not cool to take it personal.

It just seems a lot of time is being wasted taking about how you could build this and that for XX amount with this engine, blah blah and it would be better than the SRT. Face it, you can do anything with your money. The question is...what do you want, and do you care what everyone else thinks. Thats what drives most people's decisions when it comes to cars.(and sometimes other stuff)
Old 09-01-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
Personally I believe the SRT4 is an amazing car, its the owners that give em a bad name
Old 09-01-2004
Registered!!

Personally I believe the SRT4 is an amazing car, its the owners that give em a bad name
true.....i have yet to *meet/encounter a cool SRT owner.

The last one told me my car was slow. Lol its an easy 12 sec car. We ran to about 60 or so and I didnt even downshift from 4th (at around 45-50) and still stayed bumper to bumper with him. He said its still slow. I said "what??" "You didnt pull an inch on me" He said "My clutch is slipping". Jesus cant people just take a loss? Come'on. He didnt have to lie about his clutch. Im sure that heart-pounding torque was too much for your still-dealer-tagged SRT.

Not knocking on small disp. cars, just making a point....

I just wish those people would come down to earth. Its much more constructive down here lol.
Old 09-01-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of

They have yet to make a reliable FI engine. Once that car hits 50,000km's it'll probably fall apart like all the others.
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

joedc5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 2K2REDCIVIC
lmao thats hysterical!!!

sorry to say but the srt 4 is faster than ur k20 swap civic/
and if you turbo it it will be close but you'll have spent more money on the civ than the price of the srt 4
I have the K20 Type-R turbo with the rev hard kit and I barried an srt 4. Gotta be carefull though those things get fast real quick with minor mods verus spending tons of cash on our civics to make em fast.
Old 09-30-2004
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
srt-6 is a crossfire. never will a neon have a v-6
Old 09-30-2004
Cant lose with 22`s

Escaladeryder is an unknown quantity at this point
american = sux unless GM
Old 09-30-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I've yet to come across an srt4 driver who's not a cocky teen going around revving so everyone hears the bov. Nobody cares!
Old 09-30-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gearbox
I've yet to come across an srt4 driver who's not a cocky teen going around revving so everyone hears the bov. Nobody cares!

haha...seriously, it's so true. They all give ya the homie pose and rev that **** hard at you....

I'm gonna repeat this over and over again...SRT = Seen Riding TowTruck
Old 09-30-2004
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 6thGen_99
i'd pretty much never buy american cars.
i feel sorry for your lost, the awesome saleens, the badass 05 mustangs, the new vipers, new corvettes, the new gto with the ls2, the upcoming ford gt. again, i feel sorry for your ignorance toward power
Old 09-30-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Originally Posted by Voiceofid
i feel sorry for your lost, the awesome saleens, the badass 05 mustangs, the new vipers, new corvettes, the new gto with the ls2, the upcoming ford gt. again, i feel sorry for your ignorance toward power
I personally don't care how much power they have. I don't trust alot of them and I certainly don't trust them enough to spend over $60k (Canadian) on them either. I would rather just stick with imports.
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't see what's so bad about a stock Neon R/T. Yes, the stripes came stock. Quit whining about a picture of a stock car, unless you had some sort of bad experience with one.
Old 09-30-2004
Premium Member

CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
I have one thing to say about them.... I haven't been beaten by one yet....
heh, i think i'm the only that gets that one...

fwd+turbo = super understeer = pwned

Quick Reply: A little Neon/SRT-4 Etiquette for Y'all.