Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Tailgater got owned tonight

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Tailgater got owned tonight

Well I was driving around and traffic was pretty heavy. Anyway, on a 30mph road, this car comes up and just starts riding my bumper. I seriously got worried that he was gonna bump me. So I hit the brakes (lights only), and he swerves into the other left lane that's going the SAME speed as me. Then I start to go 2mph faster and he gets behind my car again!? Now I'm getting pissed at this guy. Well finally he gets another chance and swerves back into the left lane, nearly hitting my car as he's moving over. So now it's my turn. I get behind him (like three car lenghts back) and light up his car with my HID high beams after giving him a honk. Man people really need to learn how to drive. This kind of stuff really gets to me.
Old 06-21-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
you must rise above it. face it, some people hate imports, and drive just to **** you off. i know lots of them....
Old 06-21-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MK3Brent is an unknown quantity at this point
How did you own him?
Old 06-21-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
And that's what gets me. Really the only thing that I can think of is the exhaust, and I may put the stock one back on so I won't get bothered. Then my car will pass for stock. I guess people think that just because I have an exhaust, I should be speeding. Unbelieveable.
Old 06-21-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Not really gearbox.. some people are just idiots.. I don't understand why people with exhuasts think everything someone else does is because of the exhaust.. He was probably just some loser that wanted to get wehre he was going and didnt want to wait in traffic..

Just stay going the speed you are and he'll move on.. and brake checking is illegal, so I wouldn't reccomend even attempting it..
Old 06-21-2004
Premium Member

Good points. And about the exhaust. I see people all the time doing stupid stuff because of my exhaust. Peeling out, revving, and cutting me off. So yeah, I do think that the exhaust makes them do it. This guy with tezzas and fartcan sees my car and suddenly starts weaving back and forth through lanes and revving. Don't they have anything better to do? Seriously some people should not be allowed to drive.
Old 06-21-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Obviously if they are looking for people with exhausts they have nothing better to do..

You are right.. Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive..

This happens to me all the time.. I mean my car looks sporty so every piece of crap revs at me, and occasionally I'll indulge myself in a race, which usually ends in me losing because they have a fully built engine swap with a 150 shot on it.
Old 06-22-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
tailgaters suck

I say we all got homedepot but a 2 by 4 and stick some nails through it, now use about 5 feet of velco to attach it to your bumper. Anyone caught tailgating will soon be on the road changing 2 tires =p
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

pr4life36 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^hahaha that would be some funny **** if someone would actually do that, i could imagine it now
Old 06-22-2004

JetBlu01 is an unknown quantity at this point
he wasnt tailgating...he was drafting
Old 06-22-2004
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
When ever i'm in that situation I tap my brakes constantly for no reason, eventually they back off
Old 06-22-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
so how exactly did he get owned??
Old 06-22-2004
Premium Member

Well that didn't work, and I guess it's illegal anyway. It just makes them even more crazy. The thing that works best is driving like you're drunk, if there's not alot of traffic. Just start to drift into the curb and then suddenly swerve back to your lane. Haha. Works like a charm. Then if by some chance they call cops on you, they won't believe the other guy anyway.
Old 06-22-2004
Premium Member

He got a taste of his own medicine. If you knew how bright hid far lights are you'd understand. His whole car was lit up and I could see him shaking his head. Haha.
Old 06-22-2004
2003 Nissan Frontier

cryption should not be trusted
yeah man i hate people who freakin tailgate .... i brake check them a few times .. its funny
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Brake checking is not illegal. Your taught it in drivers ed. At least I was. You are allowed to tap your brakes to tell the car behind you to back-up more. Ya, I hate tailgaters. Its hard for me to drive looking forwards when I have to watch the dumb @ss behind me as well.
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

01civick20nme is an unknown quantity at this point
haah sweet my friend got punched in the face at a stoplight for doin that kinda stuff
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
Originally Posted by 01civick20nme
haah sweet my friend got punched in the face at a stoplight for doin that kinda stuff
next time, roll the window up...
Old 06-22-2004
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
He or she who rides my *** better have good brakes.
Old 06-23-2004
The Evil Genius

Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
i didnt read the thread but why didnt you just move out of his way..
Old 06-23-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
some people need to learn how to drive... but then again, if you think EVERYONE ELSE needs to learn to drive also, maybe it's not them...
Old 06-23-2004
Registered!!

ZdS03Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
the middle finger works for me...
Old 06-23-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
maybe it was a driver who was getting road raged due to traffic? maybe he just got off his cell phone after knowing his gf cheated on him? its very unexpected but if i were in your situation.. i would slow down by letting the gas pedal off to about 5mph slower. if he swerves to the next lane.. i drive up faster basically tailgating the car in front of me ONLY so that idiot wont cut me off.

some reason everytime i get cutted off, i feel like i been owned and dont want that feeling lol =\ its weird but i guess thats just me. there was this one time a family full of cacausian people in a family sedan cutted me off with NO signal. i said to myself "**** no.." i switch 2 lanes within 5-7 seconds then cut them in front without signal and jet off (not smashing it but like almost pedal to the floor). then guess what? cop motorist spots me from lane 1, i gun it to lane 1 exiting off freeway leaving him in traffic on lane 2. woo that was close... ever since that.. i've never done it again. i think i learned my lesson alrdy.
Old 06-23-2004

alienmeatsack has a spectacular aura aboutalienmeatsack has a spectacular aura about
The little town I live in has a speed limit on my road of 30mph, which I stick to carefully. (Lived here over 10 years and seen many cops there, small town and all that.)

So I am on the way to the store to get some supplies for dinner and this guy comes flying up from way back (he was easily 1/2 a mile away when i first got onto the road) and within 1/4 mile he is literally so far up my *** that I thought he was touching my car. He was on his cell and had a kid in the back seat, scary stuff that some parent would be like that. I slowed down and he rode up my *** more, I hit my brakes and he clapped and pointed like I was being some kind of dipshit. Finally the road becomes 2 lanes, he gets over and turns at the stop light.

Usually there are cops around here that will see that kind of thing and pull the guy over, but no cops around that day.

Too bad because he needed a good reaming by authority figures.
Old 06-25-2004
Boobies are my friend!

street300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
I just plan to by a tank a do brake tests every time they get on my bumper
Old 06-30-2004
Registered!!

BRCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, I don't think brake checking is illegal. I do it all the time

Last edited by BRCivic; 06-30-2004 at 02:02 AM.