Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

So I pulled up next to an integra tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
So I pulled up next to an integra tonight...

It was an old 1990-1993 style...The car was real disgusting looking, I mean it was all primered, slammed on some 18's, and had one of the most annoying fart pipes I have ever encountered. The guy had some real yellow foglights in front and some nasty altezzas in the rear. Asian couple, and if any of you west coast people know what I'm talkin about asians always seem to give eachother cold looks for some reason...

So anyways, I roll up, my car is stock...the guy's got his girl in the passenger seat, and as I pull up I see him lean over to her, and I stop (I'm bumping that Jesus walks song with windows down haha.) His girl looks at me and our eyes meet for a second, and I'm thinking, "well let's see what this guy does." He sits there revs, I ignore him, and he takes off, and his exhaust is screaming like the Jackson Five when Joe beats em. Funny thing was, he had a car on me, and I was driving normal... At this point, I realize he doesn't have anything going on under the hood, and I proceed to hand him his *** by barely pushing my car...Flew past him and let his girl listen to my turbo whine.

At this point he's back a few cars, and he pulls around to the lane to the right of me. That lane is about to end, and I know he's gonna try his luck at getting ahead of me and cutting me off. Again he lets the bee hive loose with his nasty exhaust, but I was long gone. Sorry kid, maybe next time...cute girl though...too bad she was riding with such a poser...

I wonder what he told her to try and explain why his integ got beat by a "Protege" haha
Old 06-19-2004
Boosted Auto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point
rofl
Old 06-20-2004
Pro Skater

blue03civic is an unknown quantity at this point
haha great kill
Old 06-20-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
haha! Nice!
Old 06-20-2004
Registered!!

Jotosuds17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nookiemonster
Asian couple, and if any of you west coast people know what I'm talkin about asians always seem to give eachother cold looks for some reason...
yeah what's up with that? i notice that too
Old 06-20-2004
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to all
He sits there revs, I ignore him, and he takes off, and his exhaust is screaming like the Jackson Five when Joe beats em.
LMFAO
Old 06-20-2004
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
lol same **** happen to me i was drivin my moms car and this asian couple pulls up wantin to race lol in a 88 civic hatch all stock except exhaust lol
Old 06-21-2004
Banned

MK3Brent is an unknown quantity at this point
You have no control, or discipline on the street...., If I don't meet a match, I don't waste my CAM.

Before in another thread you said a boost controller is a wonderful thing...actually it is what dooms you...

Wastegates are for sissies....

BTW...when can we meet up for our race ?
Old 06-22-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
^^^ YOu act as though you know me or something kid. Search around, I don't normally street race, and in fact I only went up to 65ish with this kid. You're such a tool it's ridiculous. Freakin n00b...

You show once again that you know di.ck about cars...wastegates are for sissies? You're an idiot...have fun blowing your car up then as.shole.

I'll race your VTEK NISSAN SKYLINE whenever you want peon. But in the end, you're just another E-thug trolling our forum...you gonna race me in instant messenger or something because I highly doubt you live anywhere near vegas, or that you even have a car. Just another E-thug who recently discovered cars when he realized he was 15 and will be getting his license soon...

Now,

Old 06-22-2004
Banned

Time and place...I'll be there.. you might be in for a surprise though..

Boost controllers aren't as valuable to me as the wb...and when you're rebuilding CT's every weekend, you can afford to run no wg.. with these internals, I'll blow the floating bearings on these things way before anything internal.

I don't know anything about cars?
You don't know anything about compressor maps, and surge...why don't you read a book or something,....get a new hobby.
Old 06-22-2004
2003 Nissan Frontier

cryption should not be trusted
Originally Posted by MK3Brent
Time and place...I'll be there.. you might be in for a surprise though..

Boost controllers aren't as valuable to me as the wb...and when you're rebuilding CT's every weekend, you can afford to run no wg.. with these internals, I'll blow the floating bearings on these things way before anything internal.

I don't know anything about cars?
You don't know anything about compressor maps, and surge...why don't you read a book or something,....get a new hobby.
rofl you're a douche bag
Old 06-22-2004
Banned

Sorry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	e-thug.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	31474  
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Good kill nookiemonster.
Old 06-22-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
Well as a word of advice to all my florida peeps. Im gonna give you the top 2 rules of racers here.
1. Never mess with a jamacan in a hatch.
2. Never mess with an asian in a nissan
it will always get ya down here.
But i whooped a stock mustang when he had his covertible top down and his girl next to him(Rich kid with a sexy chick) ran him off the line thru second i pulled and at 3rd i proceeded to hold my lead as I put both of my hands out the top of my sunroof like a rollercoaster and whooped him the rest of the way steering with my knee
Old 06-22-2004
Banned

Yeah...convertibles are heavy framed. A BPU anything with a thousand pound difference would take that tank from a dig, especially if he's a bad driver...one of those...FLOOR IT kinda guys.

with my FR design I loose a lot of 60's to FF...but around 1.8bar and the 2 step off after traction I fly right by.

It's really all in the driver..I've seen damn near stock cars take out BPU to APU cars...it's just a point where HP takes over for the human controls.
Old 06-22-2004

that and i think my 75 shot helped too.
Old 06-22-2004
Banned

Nice...what kind of ignition control are you using..a tec? MSD has some nice ones I've been looking at.

Just spent too much for a 2step, and would kinda be useless with a TEC

edit

actually MSD makes a great DIS2 and DIS 4 with coil ignition like me

Last edited by MK3Brent; 06-22-2004 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-22-2004

no msd just stock with an afc
Old 06-22-2004
Banned

How do you pull timing then ?
Old 06-22-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Originally Posted by MK3Brent
Haha, that's why I've got a haltech sitting in my garage? Or that's why I'm planning on getting a GT28RS? The only reason why haltech is not on the car anymore, is because I was planning on doing the local autocross here last weekend, and want to run D-stock. Plus I was planning on trying out the unichip that has recently come out for my car. My car's ECU seems to learn around every piggy that has come out including the E-manage, so at the time the haltech seemed to be the best bet. Now unichip has a completely new unit that seems to work well, and I'd like to try it out. Anyways, you make alot of assumptions for someone who's been on the site for two minutes. Tell you what. Go pick up an MSP, SRT-4, or WRX and play your game without boost control and blow your damn internals. Some of us rely on our cars for something called "dependability," and we mod for both dependability and for results.

You think you can come on here and impress everyone with your arrogance. Tell you what, I'm an ASE certified tech, and I'm government certified tech for HMMWV (hummer), and logistics vehicle systems. I'm now a college student at UNLV, a Realtor, and I race a GSX-R at the local speedway regularly. But this isn't about me, it's about how you know everything about "compressor maps" or "surge." I could sit here and talk to you all day about pressure ratio and it's relation to corrected air flow, but who the fvck said anything about that sh.it? You try to bring up these things to make yourself seem so smart. You haven't impressed me in the least.

Honestly, I don't believe for one second any of the bullshit you've said in this forum. VTEK skyline , and having the cash to rebuild the **** you blow up every weekend. If you do, good for you I don't give a ****. You win the assclown award for a waste of money. You're obviously not pro racing, and if you are post your results. Otherwise good for you for throwing thousands down the drain tool. Unlike you, I enjoy more than straight line, so making engine blowing power is overrated IMO. You claim to know so much, yet in another thread you called a turbo kit "JDM." Yeah, you're a real winner.

If you really do have the cash you talk about, go buy yourself some fvcking manners.

Last edited by nookiemonster; 06-22-2004 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-22-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Is it just me or does any one else have trouble understanding any thing that MK3Brent says?

Last edited by Zzyzx; 06-22-2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-22-2004
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
and his exhaust is screaming like the Jackson Five
haha nice analogy
Old 06-22-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Hey Zzyzx, sorry I didn't make it out to that last event. I had to cancel last minute as I got called for work. Kinda sucks working Real Estate...constantly on call...
Old 06-22-2004

MK3Brent ..... The NOOKIEMONSTER OWNS JOOOOOOOOO!
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Is it just me or does any one else have trouble understanding any thing that MK3Brent says?
I think I am growing to that understanding.
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
I hate asains eventho i'm an asian!!
Old 06-22-2004
Banned

My car's ECU seems to learn around every piggy that has come out including the E-manage,
Yeah... did it learn that eman isn't a piggy back?

Sometimes I get serious and post something interesting and correct...other times I goof off and make things up like a VTEK skyline... I really just waste a few minutes on here before work as fun.

As for tech.

If you really tune with a haltech... than congratulations on spending way too much money on something you'll never truly benefit from . You should have gone with MAP ecu, or EMS.

If you want to talk turbos and compressor maps that's cool too...and if you're so smart about this all, then you would know that I am kidding... it's a joke to say WGs are for sissies...simply implying that you have a control over the boost. :duh:

To think you actually believed me... But I do race the car every weekend, and I do rebuild the CTs every weekend, mainly due to the fact that I have a bunch and it's my hobby.
Old 06-22-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Now,

ROFL at ^^. Nice!
Old 06-22-2004
Banned

drone007 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol if you guys were smart enough you'd realize that all the stupid **** we say has fallen on totally deaf ears. brent made some bullshit about a vtec skyline and someone actually replied saying how it is possible and all this crap. who cares, he was bein stupid because we're on this worthless forum. maybe this is how we find out who actually knows what they're talking about. do a search for our posts on this forum then tell me who the ****ing broken contraceptives are...

"ehhhh i think i got some horsepower from tightening my throttle cable..."

or

"help me fix my gas tank, i drilled a hole in it..."

or

"wait, isn't it bad to connect the + and - terminals?.."

lol give me a break
Old 06-22-2004
Banned

I think you guys got "pwned" as you like to put it ?

Quick Reply: So I pulled up next to an integra tonight...