Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

scary race against a bmw 7 series

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondaciv01 is an unknown quantity at this point
scary race against a bmw 7 series

it wasn't so much of a race cause i know he could have killed me at will, but we were both driving pretty fast on an pretty empty freeway at about 110-120.....we ran into some traffic, but i still had a clear lane. the dude in the bmw is weaving in and out of traffic at 120 mph, coming literally a foot or less to other cars bumpers. at one point i look over and he is a foot behind this guys bumper next to me. at this point i just let him in cause i don't want anyone to do cause this idiot is coming as close as you can without dying. i just backed off and let him go. that had to be the closest i had ever seen anyone come to killing themselves in a car
Old 06-13-2004
Raceway Park Track Tech.

LazyDog01 will become famous soon enoughLazyDog01 will become famous soon enough
not the brightest person you and him.
Old 06-13-2004
Registered!!

DexMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Crazy. That is when the news report kids got killed street racing. I have seen worst though.
Old 06-13-2004
Registered!!

vtecman04 is an unknown quantity at this point
this is some stupid **** man...i mean go ahead and race but,,,dun get other innocent ppl involved...10 seconds of thrill time isnt worth ur death or the death of others.
Old 06-13-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
"weaving in and out of traffic at 120 mph"

he's gotta be fuking retarded to be doing that kind of sh*t
Old 06-13-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
I saw a brand new mercedes 500 and a new 7 series bmw doing the same thing a few days ago. I was doing 80, and they flew by me like I wasn't even moving. Stupid rich people.
Old 06-13-2004
Raceway Park Track Tech.

LazyDog01 will become famous soon enoughLazyDog01 will become famous soon enough
Take it to the track..... Gunna race i say dont race in traffic....EVER
Old 06-13-2004
Registered!!

popNfresh is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like some of the SUVs drivers around here in FL, putting people in smaller cars at unnecessary risk. That wasnt very smart of you either, people who do this is what causes cops to go all out on full force harassing every sport compact that look "fast".
Old 06-13-2004
Banned

irishtemper has a spectacular aura aboutirishtemper has a spectacular aura about
I am totally against street racing, for one people like this who can't control a car,,,,, I have never raced and never will......My fathers cousin was killed pretty much by 2 punks one swerved to avoid a bus and caused the other to go over the median, a 2 lane rd each side, at 120 MPH and hit my cousins car head on at 93MPH estimated. Killed my cousin, 2nd cousin to be exact, and his wife got banged up pretty good, the punks were driving a eagle talon and the other punk was driving a camaro, both were racing...the kid in the camaro got off and the other kid only got 3 yrs in prison, should have been 15= but couldn't get him on drug charges. I hope this is a lesson to ya.
Old 06-13-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
F everybody.. just enjoy it. i always do...
Old 06-14-2004
IM RICH BIACH!

Solidus is on a distinguished road
Thats pretty insane. The other day, an accord wanted to race me on the freeway. We weren't going crazy or anything -not even going over 85 -just kinda sticking around eachother. He is in the far left lane and im right next to him. There is a car up in front of him and the psyco in the accord all of a sudden blasts off and passes the guy in front of him on the left!? In the caution lane or whatever its called. Such a moron, nice way to kill himself.
Old 06-14-2004
Registered!!

hondaciv01 is an unknown quantity at this point
in my defense here i never switched lanes, as soon as i got to traffic i slowed down to the speed limit cause yeah it is dumb to weave in and out of traffic at 120 mph......i just saw the bmw do it cause i guess he thought i was behind him
Old 06-14-2004
Registered!!

518 is on a distinguished road
And this is why Honda owners (especially Civic) are being labeled by other car enthusiast to be wannabes, street racing. On the other car forum that I am a member of, they do not tolerate street racing. Street racing thread gets closed in a second.
Old 06-14-2004
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
just race when it is safe, I raced a bmw m3 the other day in my dads porsche on an relitivly empty highway, I think that its fine as long you are not putting innocent people in danger. When there is traffic ahead, just slow down and race when its all clear. Simple
Old 06-14-2004
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
take it to the track its more fun cause u dont have to worry about **** like cops and people and my cousins girlfriends brother is in jail cause he was racing and had another person in his car well the driver stopped and the guy without a seatbelt flew out and died instantly now my cousins g-b is in jail for 5 years
Old 06-14-2004
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
beemer drivers sucK! Merc drivers suCk! SUV DRIVERS SUCKS ***!!!

sorry...just venting...no offense to anyone...especially after some SUC F*CKER kept drifting into my lane, and ignoring my honking.... that was freaky...it was a cliff on the right of me, and he was fu'kin pushing me off!
Old 06-14-2004
Premium Boosted Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
I dont have anytime tonight to read anyone's posts but here's my thoughts...

Once you go to a race track a few times you lose the tendancy to want to race around town if you will. Since I started racing I drive really slow on the streets now, rarely spinning my tires, and I'm boosted. All I say to people (for where I live) is spend the $17 bucks and race all night till your heart drops. You can't go wrong, and you'll feel better about yourself in the end.
Old 06-14-2004
Registered!!

radish127 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by chocobo15_2000

sorry...just venting...no offense to anyone...especially after some SUC F*CKER kept drifting into my lane, and ignoring my honking.... that was freaky...it was a cliff on the right of me, and he was fu'kin pushing me off!
I know how you feel. When I was driving on I-95 in VA an ML320 was drifting into my lane. I was honking my horn but the driver did not respond. As I passed the driver he was on his cellphone having a nice conversation but then gave me a "stupid kid doesn't know how to drive" look once he noticed that he was being passed. (I passed him at 73 mph, not 113)
Old 06-14-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Man... that's bad to hear... Rich people acting stupid...
Old 06-15-2004
2003 Nissan Frontier

cryption should not be trusted
Originally Posted by LazyDog01
not the brightest person you and him.
*people
Old 06-15-2004
IM RICH BIACH!

Solidus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MadWheel
I dont have anytime tonight to read anyone's posts but here's my thoughts...

Once you go to a race track a few times you lose the tendancy to want to race around town if you will. Since I started racing I drive really slow on the streets now, rarely spinning my tires, and I'm boosted. All I say to people (for where I live) is spend the $17 bucks and race all night till your heart drops. You can't go wrong, and you'll feel better about yourself in the end.

Yeah that sounds like it would be really a lot of fun to do. But all i have is a AEM CIA on my car -i mean i love to race, but im not fast at all, Im kinda expecting only boosted cars there. would i be totally out of place?
Old 06-15-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
When I drive to work there are two lanes on Georgia avenue (sometimes a third, if there are no parked cars). You always have to be dodging buses which stop in the right lane, and left turners, that stop in the left lane. At an intersection, I was doing about 35-40 in the right lane when some SUV driver decides he's going to do some performance driving and CAREEN into my lane to get around a left turning car. Well, he did not yield or else I wouldn't have had to apply my brakes. So in the intersection, I got around him (27-30mph) by passing him on the right in the third lane (a car was illegally parked about 8 cars up for that time of the day). I sped up and cut in front of him so I wouldn't hit the parked car. And then he honked at me. Jeez. I was just trying to maintain my momentum. If he hadn't cut in front of me, none of this would have happened.

I hate it how a lot of SUV drivers think they're driving some kind of INDY car or something, weaving in and out, tailgating, and going 15-25mph over the speed limit.

Originally Posted by chocobo15_2000
Women Drivers suck ***
Asian women drivers suck more ***.
Old drivers suck ***
SUV drivers suck ***.

OLD ASIAN WOMEN DRIVERS DRIVING SUVS ARE THE WORST EVAR.

Last edited by armieo; 06-15-2004 at 10:16 AM.