Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

stupid ricers

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004
nor cal 7thgens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
allmotor can only hope to improve
stupid ricers

i was crusin with my friend in a completely stock 2001 civic ex 4dr, when out of nowhere comes this loud *** car. At first i was like **** but when i saw it it made me sic. We were at the stoplight and this 88 civic with million stickers pulls up to us and starts revin. All we were doing was listening to music and we ignored it but my friend glanced and saw passengers staring at us all mad. I told my friend just for fun we should race. He agreed and when the lights changed we got him by like 2 cars and we barely passed the crosswalk and i was ashamed at such a stupid ricer thinking is exhaust makes him fast and how his stickers make his car look cool. We ended up ahead by like 3 cars and let off and of course the ricer does his move and still thinks we were racing and flys by us. I just laughed and wanted to know why he was revin at a stock ex and how he must of felt stupid to lose to a stock 4 door
Old 04-26-2004

GreenNVicious can only hope to improve
that was me, dont lie, i took you by 5 cars you liar JP i hate people like that...they have more stickers than they do horsepower. its funny sometimes, even if i get beat by a total ricer or a beatup car, i just say "i might be slow, but i can actually get pu55y with MY car"
Old 04-26-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UltimateStock is on a distinguished road
LOL. i like that, good story......

yeah, i rice, i eat that **** once a day. i'm asian damnit, its part of nature. hmm...i go tthe neons underneath...thats kinda ricey eh? but not uncle ben's or minute rice. like 3 elephant heads rice type deal. u know? you feel me family? haha...03 2dr 5sp ex. runnin' stock. werd
Old 04-26-2004
Banned by Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Master should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trusted
^^^^^^^ uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 04-26-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by UltimateStock

yeah, i rice, i eat that **** once a day. i'm asian damnit, its part of nature. hmm...i go tthe neons underneath...thats kinda ricey eh? but not uncle ben's or minute rice. like 3 elephant heads rice type deal. u know? you feel me family? haha...03 2dr 5sp ex. runnin' stock. werd
haha.

No... that was not funny. AT ALL.
Old 04-26-2004
Premium Member

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
umm we all drive civic's we are all ricers....and that comment about rice.....no good./
Old 04-26-2004
Registered!!

nivenmk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
No... that was not funny. AT ALL.
^^^ But that was

We have a lot of the "stickers-make-me-faster" crowd here... Just fun to embarrass the hell out of the little twerps with stickers a wing, and a day-glo dash rollin' hard on 15 inch steelies with an exhaust that should say "FOLGERS" on the side of it...

As a side note, the EX and Civic were adhesive backed on my car, so I popped 'em off... I get picked on by lots of sticker-toting-asshats that think their car is the greatest thing this side of a McLaren. They don't relaize it's an EX 'till they're lookin' at my license plate.
Old 04-26-2004
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
umm.. not a very big difference between LX and EX. mainly cause LX has a better power band and EX gets all its power way up there
Old 04-26-2004
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
i know we are all ricers cause we drive civics but i dont think we get 20 stickers and a wing and loud exhaust and think we are fast which this guy and his friends thought
Old 04-26-2004
Premium Member

2k2redcivic has a spectacular aura about2k2redcivic has a spectacular aura about
lol the rice factor in here is gettin a lil high. u guys need to relax a lil!!!
Old 04-26-2004
E36 M3 Driver.

jonnyg is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Project2k2
umm we all drive civic's we are all ricers...../

hey im not gonna argue that one .....j/k guys, just keep'em clean and tastefully modded.
Old 04-26-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by UltimateStock

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lighteningbottle.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	27937  
Old 04-27-2004
Registered!!

umm.. not a very big difference between LX and EX. mainly cause LX has a better power band and EX gets all its power way up there
Ah, grashopper, that is where you fail to see my method. I leave no badging on the car other than the H. I pull away from stoplights quicker than most but not at full-tilt. Riceboi in his stickered turd thinks I'm being spiffy and gasses it after I'm already rolling and nearing 4k in first. I see his car rock, I put my foot down... (If the civic is inspirational anywhere it's from a rolling 4000 RPM foot-in-the-carpet burst untill you shift...) It's the sneaky waxing of the young'uns that makes them think slightly older people drive faster cars.

Never forget your psycology... Of course if they notice the wheels or the sunroof, they'll know what I'm drivin... Ah well, gives me my perks and makes me grin; That is what it's all about.
Old 04-27-2004
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
but i still dont get the difference, the acceleration on the LX and EX is about the same is what i meant. not that the cars appear similar. so why would it matter which one your driving?
Old 04-27-2004
Registered!!

If someone in an LX with all the stickers knows you're driving something with a bit more horsepower, they're gonna do all they can to beat you. If they think it's just another civic, they are less inclined to launch as hard as possible; This gives the opportunistic driver a nice window. Try taking your "slow" vic up against a powerfull land-sled, lets say late 90's Lincolin MKVIII with the 290 bhp InTech V8. Start in a roll from about 30 miles an hour and shut down before 90 and he won't be able to touch you in an EX. In an LX, you don't stand a chance. I tested this when I was making up my mind between the two cars.

The figures vary from car to car and driver to driver. So far there have been a couple of people to claim low 16's with minimal mods, and one to even claim sub-16's stock. I don't have my issue of Car & Driver in front of me, but they put an LX through the quarter in somewhere around 18 stock. I'll dig up that number for you if you'd like.

In addition to the above: When I test-drove the two cars with the MKVIII friend, we took the cars out to a section of clear, untraveled road where I've put two markers 1320 feet apart, making for impromptu 1/4 times with a stopwatch. With him standing outside the car doing the timing, I got the LX down to about 17 for my best run. I got the EX through in just under 16. Sure seems like I'm doing better with the EX so far... The measured 0-60 with both of us in the car was 8.75 for the EX and 9.25 in the LX. Note that both the cars were new and had less than 100 miles on them, so the EX I bought is likely a bit quicker now.

The reason I've not posted these results so far is because of the trolls/flamers/ignorants that pervade this board like most other automotive forums. In simple english: I don't expect anyone to believe me, and I don't much care. Lets just say that I don't forsee outrunning an LX as being all that much of an issue; partially from the numbers, partially from experience.

On top of that, I quite enjoy the smooth, clean sleeper image; I'm alergic to stickers of ANY sort. (yes, I've peeled EVERY sticker off the car except for my DoD sticker on the windshield.)

Also keep in mind that the ricer who pulls up next to you isn't always driving a 7th gen, or even a civic for that matter, he just sees "civic" and stereotypes. Would really suck to pull up next to a stock lookin' VW and have it be across the intersection before you're done getting the clutch out (I speak from experience on this one).
Old 04-28-2004
Since 1977

HYPR DRV will become famous soon enough
Re: stupid ricers

Originally posted by allmotor
I told my friend just for fun we should race.
You do realize that you just gave that dumbass another reason to try to race the next stock EX he pulls up next to. You sank to his level. Perpetuating or antagonizing a ricer is equivalent to being a ricer, IMO. But yeah, congratulations on yer, um, kill?