Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Race night at the crib

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fo50rd is an unknown quantity at this point
Race night at the crib

Wednesday night playing dice w/ the bro-in-law and his pal, John. Out of nowhere, bro bets John a $20 my civic would spank his 92 Accord cpe 2.2 5sp 89K. Accord has no mods, but VERY clean and well maintained. John promptly accepts and off we go. I live outside of town and have a qtr. mile marked off almost right in front of the house. We ran 4 times...with the same result each time. On the launch, he would spin and I would hook and jump half a link. After that I would slowly pull him, putting a car link, sometimes 2 between us at the end of the 1/4. He just couldn't believe the civ could pull him...thus the 4 races.
Back at the crib, smack talkin in-law bets John that his other bud, Wayne, (02 Ford Lightning w/ pulley upgrade and exhaust, sportin 20's) could spank John's little bro in his 2000 Mustang Saleen, chiped, full exhaust, Nitto drag radials, NOT supercharged.
They showed up. They attempted to run but the Lightning wouldn't shift at wide open throttle so Wayne went to the casa. Up through first gear it was tight tho!
Back at the crib, my neighbor is going out for the night in his 03 Mustang Cobra convert...paper tags still hanging, top down. You know whats next...Neighbor babies his car off the line and the Saleen said BYE BYE, Cobra quit after 2nd gear. Saleen driver can launch that stuff! I convinced them to do one more run. On the GO, the Saleen jumps probably 2 full cars out...neighbor walks out of the hole and grabs 2nd. By the end of 2nd the Cobra is side-by-side with the Saleen...3rd gear, the Cobra was walkin fast and he shut it down before the end of the 1/4. Would have probably had a full car between them if he would have stayed in it.
FUN Night!
Old 04-24-2004
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
cobra beat a saleen? i always thought the saleens were the best mustangs out there? whats the hp and weight on those 2 cars?
Old 04-24-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Not all the Saleens were stupid fast. Was your car an auto or 5 speed? it shouldnt be too much of a surprise that you beat the Accord though.... good races though.
Old 04-24-2004
Registered!!

fo50rd is an unknown quantity at this point
Both the Stangs were manual trannys.

03 Cobra
390 hp
390 torque

2000 Saleen s281
285 Factory Hp
280 torque

The saleen is dripping with beauty. With the work the Saleen has...custom burned chip, full exhaust, throttle body, intake, and timing adjuster...it is probably around 325hp. The Saleen is full of suspension mods from the factory...built to handle. The Cobra is just a Monster!