Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

stupid cop encounter

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
stupid cop encounter

So I'm driving back home from school tonight, and all of a sudden this car comes up behind me really fast. Now mind you, the speed limit is 30mph (which I was doing), and it was raining. So the car gets up behind me and is literally a foot away from my bumper. So it looks like someone wants to race after seeing my exhaust or something. I'm also in the left lane, ready to turn into my apt a few hundred feet up. When I finally turn, I notice it was a cop car behind me! Why do they do this? It's not the first time it's happened, either. At first I thought it was some stupid ricer who didn't know how to drive. It's plain dangerous, especially when rain is all over the roads. Was he hoping I would take off and he'll get me for speeding? Man, such crap. Or does he expect me to be going above the limit cause I'm in the left lane--still I would get a ticket. Sorry, just have to vent.
Old 03-28-2004
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
I dunno why they do this, but it always happends to me too. I've been harassed a number of times in parking lots and such for my exhaust and other things I have done to my car....by cops! I think they just want to play around with us thinking we street race all the time.
Old 03-28-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Haha. Yeah seriously. Was he looking for a race, and if he loses then we get the ticket? lol.
Old 03-28-2004
Shows No Remorse

DistinctiveBP is an unknown quantity at this point
most of the cops here are @ssholes.
there are a few of them that i have known since i was like 10 and those are the cool ones. ill sit there and joke with them.
but the rest are a bunch of power tripping jerks.

nothing much goes on where i live (suburbia and ranches at its finest) so they dont have **** to do. they all hang out at the gas station at night and shoot the ****. they all drive like idiots too.
they tailgate and speed. and for what?
to give a guy a ticket for having a tag that expired a week ago.
Old 03-28-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
i've found a way to beat them...

#1 have connections at the county courthouse, to make any tickets "disappear"
#2 have your sister date a Sgt's son, which is also a guard.
#3 work for a guy that basically owns the town you drive in.

works for me at least.
Old 03-28-2004
Registered!!

PoisonFangs is an unknown quantity at this point
Very true and it happens all the time to me, and to many others. I get harrased all the damn time by cops. I asked my stepdad (Will county sheriff) Why in the hell they do that. He told me there are alot of powertrippin' *******s. and most of the time they are looking for the slightest detail to nail you.
Old 03-29-2004
JDM wannabe

nme3 is an unknown quantity at this point
yah cops do that all the time, especially on the highway for me. they're usually gauging your speed, since they cant just whip out the radar or just say you were speeding without any proof.
Old 03-29-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
they're trying to make you get nervous and fu(k up so they pull you over for some stupid reason...BOOO! ****, got nothing better to do..
Old 03-29-2004
Registered!!

Gecko is a jewel in the roughGecko is a jewel in the roughGecko is a jewel in the rough
yah they have nothing better to do.....asses
Old 03-29-2004
Premium Member

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, that sucks gearbox. They were probably trying to score an easy ticket off of you. Good thing you didnt bite.

-Kre
Old 03-29-2004
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
I always figured it wsa because they where tring to scare you. I had a cop do that to me and I droped pop cap, bent over to pick it up out of the passenger seat, and he pulled my over and search my whole car while I sat in the back of a his car. Pissed me off. Other than to try and scare you, I don't know why they do that. Hear in ohio they can just turn on the radar and see how fast you're going at any old time they want. Watch for police in ohio, there's alot of 'em
Old 03-29-2004
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
One night, my cousin and I were going home; he was driving, and it was about 11 pm. Anyhow, we were the only car on the road-- or so we thought. WOOSH! Out of nowhere, this cop flies by us. Why didn't we see him? Because he was driving without his headlights on. He was going about 80. What if we changed lanes in front of him? Jerk...

However, many cops are great.
Old 03-30-2004
Registered!!

corbeaucivic2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
me and my friend got pulled over in a construction zone for doing the speed limit, cop says there was no zone and asked why we was doing 25 under the speed limit. we tried to explain to him then he started asking if we did all these drugs, what a dumbass
Old 03-30-2004
207 Mod is 10-8

kyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nice
Originally posted by ThsUserNmIsDumb

However, many cops are great.

Thank you.
Old 03-30-2004
Premium Member

Yeah, there are some awesome cops out there. But some just think we're all a bunch of druggies out to break the law.
Old 03-30-2004
YoUnG N SuXsExFul

guamcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
whoah..never had that happen to me b4..
Old 03-30-2004
Premium Member

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually, I just remembered that something similar happened to me. I was driving my girl back to her house for the first time (before we were together). It was after 11pm on a Sunday night so the streets in her area were completely empty. I get to a T intersection and there's a cop stopped at the red light on the street I was turning onto. I had the green, so I make the turn onto the street the cop was on. Immediately, the cop blows the red light and starts tailing me like a few feet from my bumper. I end up missing the next turn I had to make since I didnt know the area and I was nervous with the cop behind me. I turned into an empty parking lot to turn around and he just kept going.

-Kre
Old 03-30-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
I was driving like a law-abiding citizen last night. I made a left at a T intersection with a green arrow. There was a car behind me. I immediately recognized the headlights as cop car lights. I was doing 35 in a 45mph zone. The cop stayed 1 car length behind me for at least a quarter of a mile with no one else on the road. After a while he got tired of going 35 so he switched lanes and blazed by at about 50-55mph. Another quarter of a mile up the road we see another cop had pulled over some guy going in the opposite direction. So the first cop (the one that was following me) decided to provide "back up" so he busted a U across 3 lanes of traffic and double yellow lines to end up parking behind the other cop that was already finished writing the ticket. Useless bishes. lease:
Old 03-30-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Slam on your brakes next time and let him hit you.
Old 03-30-2004
9K Redline Owns U

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by bobbyd
especially do this if its at night.. just say a dog ran out in front of you and since he was so close say you didnt even see his headlights bc he was so close.. dang im saying this even though my dad is a police officer
Old 03-30-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
For some reason I think that if I did that I'd be the one paying for the damages. Or I'd get like $50 in compensation after like 10 months of paperwork.
Old 03-30-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by bobbyd
exactly what i'd do. screw them! when i got pulled over for blue park lights/blinkers, the cops slid in like it was a damn drug bust, or i'd been running from them at 120mph for 45 miles. friggin idiots. i was like.. "uhh, it's blue lights, calm down guys" and laughed at them. they were pissed, oh well.. i got out of it. don't they know they can't beat courthouse connections?
Old 03-30-2004
Premium Member

Haha. That's great. When I got pulled over for neons the first day I installed them, there was a cop car behind me. I also saw two more cops standing next to my car to the left side, maybe if I decide to run
Old 03-30-2004
Shows No Remorse

DistinctiveBP is an unknown quantity at this point
lol...its the same around here! you get pulled over and out of no where
like 4 cop cars pull up
Old 03-31-2004
Registered!!

Entropy is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, bout a month or so ago I got a ticket, and it happened just how you described it. Of course this was after a 15 hour shift, so I was a little drowsy and not ready to put up with some punk's racing crap (at least that's who I thought it was at the time). He just sat behind me about 2 feet from my bumper and rode me, so I kept looking in the rear view and didn't see any lights on top of the car and decided to take off, and he kept right up with me. We got up to 90 and as soon as I started to slow down he pulled me over. This was in a 55 mph zone, but he decided to be "nice" to me and only write me up for doing 80.

So now I drive it like it's made of glass, or at least only after I work 12+ hour days.