Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

01 ex vs. 02 rsx (non type s)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by oohooh
manual to manual, the base rsx will rape us. Auto rsx to manual vic, manual vic will win slightly. Manual base rsx to auto vic, haha.....
We wouldn't get RAPED by a base RSX lol. Some of you guys act like it is a super car or something way out of our league
Old 03-19-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
the base rsx manual to manual will win, I think manual EX to auto base will be a close race.

I raced my friend with my stock dx 5spd and his auto base and he barely beat me.
Old 03-19-2004
JDM wannabe

nme3 is an unknown quantity at this point
yah i could drop it into first when going over 25 km/h although i hardly do it cause it seems like im harming my engine. anyways all you gotta do is rev match it so like when your in second press clutch in pull out of second into neutral release clutch slightly while giving a little blip of the gas in neutral then press clutch in and put it in first gear and release the clutch.
Old 03-20-2004
Registered!!

Chompondis is an unknown quantity at this point
dropping to first at 20 isnt too smart. do it too much tranny go bye bye. 5sp vic and auto rsx, sounds fun ill go try it and post the results. maybe it can be done...
Old 03-20-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Chompondis
dropping to first at 20 isnt too smart. do it too much tranny go bye bye.
I dissagree, the 2nd to 1st down shift, as long as its done properly, is no more damaging as a 5th to 4th down shift. I've been autocrossing for little more then a year and at this point going from 2nd to 1st is nothing. Heel toe shifting is a way of life.
Old 03-20-2004
Need....More....Mods

02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Project2k2
the base rsx manual to manual will win, I think manual EX to auto base will be a close race.

I raced my friend with my stock dx 5spd and his auto base and he barely beat me.

Manual DX will do just as good vs auto base RSX as the EX. Sure its 12hp less but its a good deal lighter. And manuel to manuel RSX isnt as bad as people think. Best I've seen a stock RSX manual do is 15.7 while i've seen a stock 7thgen do it in 15.9. Auto RSX vs Manuel vic is a raping though....*best* i've seen a auto rsx base do is a 16.5
Old 03-20-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally posted by Zzyzx
I dissagree, the 2nd to 1st down shift, as long as its done properly, is no more damaging as a 5th to 4th down shift. I've been autocrossing for little more then a year and at this point going from 2nd to 1st is nothing. Heel toe shifting is a way of life.
Exactly, there is no harm to trans or engine doing that. I feel you'll only do damage if you try to like... force it into 1st without atleast trying to match rev. If you do manage to get it into 1st without revving, then there will be clutch wear when you have SLOWLY remove the pedal. I occasionally downshift to 1st when I park the car back into the driveway at home, or enter a ramp or something... but I think it's worth a try for everyone with a 5 speed. Find an open road, drive till 20MPH in 2nd gear, step into the clutch pedal, rev the car till about 4-5K RPM while gently moving the shifter into 1st, and at those RPM's, the trans should unlock 1st and (if youre revs are high enough) just release the clutch. Have fun!
Old 03-21-2004
Registered!!

straightfaced is an unknown quantity at this point
you can out it into first at that speed if you wanted to with a little push but its not good to do that.
Old 03-21-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by 02civic
Manual DX will do just as good vs auto base RSX as the EX. Sure its 12hp less but its a good deal lighter.
OMG, the weight difference between an EX and a DX is such a little number that is not worth mentioning man.
Old 03-22-2004
Need....More....Mods

Originally posted by Eeeeeeh
OMG, the weight difference between an EX and a DX is such a little number that is not worth mentioning man.

151 pounds.

on a car that puts out less than 100 hp to the wheels that weight is DEFINETELY worth mentioning. You might not think its alot but that 12hp to the crank isnt much more important.
Why do you think people put on carbon fibre trunk lids and hoods? Cause 20 pounds is important. So i KNOW 151 pounds is for sure.
Old 03-22-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Yuup! every pound counts! Even 00celicagts takes out his interior sometimes!
Old 03-22-2004
Need....More....Mods

^ yup yup
Old 03-22-2004
Registered!!

Rsxtc is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm doubting the legitimacy of this story. Downshifting to first at 20mph?!? Even if this story was true, the rsx would probably have to be an auto. One of my close friends has an EM2 ex, and I have a base rsx (both of which are M/T), so i have a pretty good idea on how these two cars fare against each other.
Old 03-22-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Rsxtc
Downshifting to first at 20mph?!?
Thats Easy, I do it all the time when Autocrossing.
Old 03-22-2004
Registered!!

151 pounds.

on a car that puts out less than 100 hp to the wheels that weight is DEFINETELY worth mentioning. You might not think its alot but that 12hp to the crank isnt much more important.
Why do you think people put on carbon fibre trunk lids and hoods? Cause 20 pounds is important. So i KNOW 151 pounds is for sure.
Ok, well, the week after I got my car I raced my cousin who also has a 7th Gen, he has a DX with the AEM CAI and a Tenzo Muffler. I beat him from a roll by about 1 car length. I barely even knew how to drive. Yeah sure all he had was an intake but shouldn't he have at least been dead even with me? My car wasn't even broken in yet and he had a Intake and 151 pounds less.
Old 03-22-2004
Registered!!

151 pounds.

I dunno about a DX, but EX dynos at around 110hp stock. The week after I got my car last summer I raced my cousin who has a 2001 DX with a AEM CAI and Tenzo Muffler. I beat him by about a car lengths from a roll, and I barely knew how to drive. How do you explain that? Sure all he had was an intake, but he is 151 pounds less right? I dunno but to me the only people who act like the EX is so much heavier are the people that drive DX and LX civics.
Old 03-22-2004
Need....More....Mods

Dont base your argument on a single race with too many variables to even begin to describe. The difference between an EX and a DX in a quarter mile is basically negligable. There's a 151 pounds in favour of the DX and 12 crank horse for the EX.
BTW the EX actually dynos at around 104 hp i believe.

And if "the only people who act like the EX is so much heavier are the people that drive DX and LX civics" is true than how did numbers get posted by Honda among others saying the EX was 151 pounds heavier than the DX?? cause its an act that they're so much heavier right...not at all a fact.
Old 03-22-2004
Registered!!

Bottom Line: EX is still faster. I maybe be by only a little, but it still is. So if ex is faster, than who should give a **** about 151 pounds??
Old 03-22-2004
Need....More....Mods

Bottom Line: EX is still faster. I maybe be by only a little, but it still is. So if ex is faster, than who should give a **** about 151 pounds??

depends who you have driving. And i dont think an EX is necessarily faster...i wouldnt mind seeing a comparison in 1/4 mile times. And by comparison i dont mean 1 or 2 cases...i'd need to see more than 2 cars making 10 or so runs with the driver's doing both equally

I'd race you Eeeeeeh to show you some DX taillights, but sadly you're a bit far away

j/k
Old 03-27-2004
Just Be

MangoEX should not be trusted
The manual base RSX is a tick faster than the 04 Civic SI... you mean to tell me our cars can beat civic sis? What a bullsh!t story.. an RSX would waste any n/a civic manual or auto in a heartbeat
Old 03-27-2004
Need....More....Mods

Originally posted by MangoEX
The manual base RSX is a tick faster than the 04 Civic SI... you mean to tell me our cars can beat civic sis? What a bullsh!t story.. an RSX would waste any n/a civic manual or auto in a heartbeat

you're not listening. A manual RSX would beat a manual civic for sure...by about .4-.6 seconds..which is good deal. But a auto RSX would prolly loose to a manual vic...it would be closer though...vic>rsx by .2-.3 seconds
Old 03-27-2004
Registered!!

I'd race you Eeeeeeh to show you some DX taillights, but sadly you're a bit far away

j/k
Pull your bottle and I'll edge you by about a 1/2-1 car
I want Nitrous
Old 03-27-2004
Need....More....Mods

Pull your bottle and I'll edge you by about a 1/2-1 car
I want Nitrous

If you werent 80hrs away i'd have a go at it. I've already gone to the track with one EX and i was running .1 secs behind him. AND i was only running a muffler and CAI to his CAI, exhuast and pulleys. AND i was running on 17's and he had stocks. so......i have faith in DX lightness
Old 03-27-2004
Registered!!

LOL @ 80 hours away. I love our Civics no matter what, except for the EP.
Old 03-27-2004
Need....More....Mods

^ agreed
Old 03-27-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I've been in an auto RSX and that thing pulls ALOT harder than my vic.
Old 03-27-2004
Registered!!

^^Your civic is auto too though.
Old 03-28-2004
Registered!!

zoom04 is an unknown quantity at this point
i had a 2000 accord soch vtec 5spd coupe with some engine mods and raced a rsx non type s he started about 20 mph in front of me i pulled behind him and beat him ez even my wife waived bye bye to the kid, when we hit 100 the kid was like 8 car lanes behind
Old 03-29-2004
Just Be

MangoEX should not be trusted
^^ I don't think so. Accord is heavier and less powerful by 10 hp. Unless he was auto
Old 03-29-2004
Registered!!

zoom04 is an unknown quantity at this point
the accor had skunk2 camgears, dc ceramic headers, aerospeed cold intake, apc plug wires, ngk plugs, greaddy mufler 2.5'' pipes

Last edited by zoom04; 03-29-2004 at 02:00 PM.

Quick Reply: 01 ex vs. 02 rsx (non type s)