Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004
Back From The Banned!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Arrow Beware!

Orrr maybe not, but after visiting scionlife.com it seems like they have more aftermarket support than the 7th generation Civic. ANd stock vs stock on a straight away, it's a drivers race. They also compiled a list of cars they have beaten (which I find amusing, but some hard to believe). How nice of them to mention some 7thgens being beat. haha.... but like here on 7thgencivic.com, got some smart ppl, some noobs, some annoying ppl..... well, you get the idea. But be warned! That box car xB might just leave some of the 7thgens in the dust.
Old 03-08-2004
Registered!!

Kloverz has a little shameless behaviour in the past
yea we will see.
Old 03-08-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
they have more aftermarket support because they've been in japan for a while...they don't weigh that much either...i think they're BAD!
Old 03-08-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Re: Beware!

Originally posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
ANd stock vs stock on a straight away, it's a drivers race.

WTF?? are you serious? How the **** is a stock xb gonna keep up to a 5spd ex??
Old 03-08-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
sorry, not EX...... LX/DX
Old 03-09-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
I'm in a whole differnt league than them with the SF turbo coming. i just need to worry about evo 8's and STi's
boosting and spraying!
Old 03-09-2004
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
I got whooped on by one so be careful those little things are crazy. also with the new deal toyota made with AEM dont be surprised to see one leave the lot "stock" but with AEM CAI and header as a factory installed option so they could have I/H/E and still technically be "stock" since it's all right off the lot.
Old 03-09-2004
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Toyota, or Scion may advertise up the butt about available AEM and TRD products but if you read the fine print this is what you get:

"TRD USA, Inc...These aftermarket parts are not Genuine Scicon parts, and cannot be utilized for Scion warranty repalcement....TRD parts are warranted by TRD, not Scion..."

"The AEM Cold Air Induction Systems are to be sold only as a dealer installed or over the counter option after retail sale of the vehicle. The induction system may not be sold to the customer at the same time as the new vehicle and may not be financed together with the new vehicle"

This is from the SCION Issue 03 Winter 04 magazine given out at shows.

Basically its like going to Diamond Bar Honda to get your AEM CAI.
Or buying from a shop who tells you to deal with the manufacturer, because they provide the warranty.
Good advertising but pointless when you can get them cheaper elsewhere.
So technically its not stock!

BTW, in my area I see a bunch of middle aged folks driving around the xB with the dealer installed 18" wheels. Odd.
Old 03-09-2004
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
who cares xB's ar fugly! they just came over to this side of the country and the only people that i see driving them are old people. but tht tC is going to be the shiznizzle.
Old 03-09-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
the TC will be owning stock 7thgeners and basically anyone without a swap, Nos, or turbo.
140hp isnt to shabby its the torque out that BIG engine that will eat us alive.
Old 03-09-2004
Back From The Banned!

I would becareful of those xB's... especially with the TRD supercharger. Of course, stock is nothing to really worry about, but "ugly" cars can move too so...
As for the tC, I think they are going to have a model where it's a factory installed supercharger, putting out 200 crank.
Old 03-09-2004
Boosted Auto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point
they look so ugly thow
Old 03-09-2004
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
the CT will also have a supercharger option supposed 200 hp. lol
===============================================

likeaferio- never really cared to check into the details and fine print but thanx for the info!
Old 03-09-2004
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
The xB and the tC look sweet as hell. But after looking at the stats and dynos, I am not to worried about the xA xB.

I am looking forward to the June release of the tC though, that is the only one that seems like it would give the EX some trouble. Putting 160hp and tq in a little car like that scares me Plus, it is a DOHC engine with lift.

lol I better start getting some real mods so I don't get beat in the Summer by one!!
Old 03-09-2004
Back From The Banned!

They might dyno less than a d17a1, but their power to weight kind of makes up for it. And dont forget, those 1.5 liters are DOHC as well. They actually had a intake dyno shoot out. And an Injen short ram put down 4.3 WHP! pretty impressive for a 1.5L i would say.

I have gone to a Scion/Toyota dealship. I saw 3 guys, probably mid 20s, probably thinkin all show no go. But they got an xB fully louded, exhaust, Hotchkis strut bar, 18's (or is it 19), TRD springs... pretty nuts........

Last edited by CuRiOuSfIsH; 03-09-2004 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-10-2004
Registered!!

audioefx3 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dunno i pulled on a xb and shut it down at the top of second(had car and a half almost two cars on him) and the guy reved on me at the light. I have a lx sedan 5 speed with a cai and i just recently beat a I/H/E ex 5 speed coupe so i dunno if CuRiOuSfIsH was saying that a ex could beat a scion but a lx/dx couldnt. A lx sedan weighs less than a ex coupe and anybody that raced 7thgen vs. 7thgen can agree that it is a drivers race no matter what the trim-ex/lx/dx(unless its auto then its just a special olympics race)
Old 03-10-2004
YoUnG N SuXsExFul

guamcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow...if xb's beat us constantly..that really sucks..
Old 03-10-2004
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ Who said that we are gettin' beat by the xB?

I think that you were beating the DRIVER of that EX Audioefx3 because when I was stock I could beat my cousin's DX coupe with I/E.
Old 03-10-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
(unless its auto then its just a special olympics race)
Old 03-10-2004
Back From The Banned!

On paper, the EX should be able to beat the xB/xA with not much problem, but yes, it is a drivers race, I'm not sure if I stated that earlier. But stock, nothing to really "worry" about, it's those supercharged ones that can get ya good!