Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Civic Vs. SE-R spec-v

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004
make it a habit
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vivid_BLUE will become famous soon enough
I just wanted to know because my friend has a v-spec and he's gotten big headed thinking he could beat any and everybody. I told him I want to race him when I get my swap (which hopfully get started by the end of this year). He tells me would kill me because his car is so tourqy. I told him I'm so sure i'll win that I would put money on it.

Last edited by nonVTEC; 02-19-2004 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-19-2004
Registered!!

Anotherslo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Zzyzx
Hm, if an RSX-S is doing 15.2 how much faster would it be if it were 300+ lbs lighter?
BEST TIME I RAN 1/4 at sea level in Gulfport, Mississippi was a 14.2... Swap, SRI, and suspension upgrade.
Old 02-19-2004
Registered!!

NcSpecv81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by nonVTEC
I just wanted to know because my friend has a v-spec and he's gotten big headed thinking he could beat any and everybody. I told him I want to race him when I get my swap (which hopfully get started by the end of this year). He tells me would kill me because his car is so tourqy. I told him I'm so sure i'll win that I would put money on it.
well everything staying the same...you next year with swap and him with a stock spec-v..you'll win...here is my perdiction if both of you getting good launches and equal driving skill....spec-v will own the first 2 gears...youll own from then on out.
Old 02-20-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by nonVTEC
How do LSDs work? And is it as easy to take one from an RSX and put that in our cars as is sounds?
An LSD makes you high. Hahaha

J/p

A limited slip differential basically is a driveshaft that constantly monitors torque and wheel spin and adjusts power output from one wheel to the other to put maximum power to the ground and keep as much traction as possible. More often than not, LSD's are torque sensitive and also use this to determine power output per wheel. This is especially helpful from a dig, and also when exiting corners.

As for putting one on your civic, the only option I see for you is to get it when you swap in your K20A2. Once you do this, you should have the K20A2 transmission and you'll be able to use any LSD available for that particular setup. As for putting one on now, to mate with your stock transmission, I don't think any are available, mainly because the power output on your civic is so low that it doesn't need an LSD.

Watch out for torque steer on a FWD car with an equipped LSD. Hence torque steer of the Spec-V, MSP, and the like. If you wanna learn more about LSD's visit

http://www.quaife.co.uk/
http://www.marklines.com/en/presen/tochigifuji.jsp

tochigi fuji sangyo is the manufacturer of the LSD on the MSP.
Old 02-20-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
^^ also they can increace throttle induced understeer on corner exit for FWD applications.
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Spec V has a good engine, just that the header and counter-balance shafts are poorly designed and suck up available HP. I really do think that because of it's better powerband and LSD that it would be able to beat a K20A2 in the quarter.
Old 02-20-2004
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
The LSD won't have much of an effect in the quarter as much as it does in autox/road racing. Though the LSD is nice, it can only help so much when launching. once down the track, it won't do that much.

Quaife said they are supposed to be making an LSD for the 7thgen (low hp output 7thgens don't need one), but who the hell knows, they probably have given up!
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
As an aside, if you're talking stock Civic vs stock Spec V, I would assume that the tires would be stock too or no? Because stock Civic tires aren't good for ****...those Firestones have screwed me over many a time. Because if you were running a Civic vs a Spec V on stock tires, the Spec V would have an advantage there too.
Old 02-20-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone who is running stock Firestone tires on a civic, and trying to do any type of competitive driving should be shot.