Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

LX auto civic VS black 2001-2003 corolla

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
^you have one best looking corrolas I ever seen. It sorta looks like a little IS lowered with the grill removed, hell I bet with some custom bumpers and the tails it could looks just like a toyota Alteza-over exagerated. But but it would look close.
question I heard you get more power froma turbo for your car than a sup is this true. I know a guy with a turbo matrix. He said the turbos are putting out more.
Old 02-22-2004

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
there is 2 ways to have a civic rear disk conversion. Find a crashed 00si and steal its rear axle with disks, or get it off an RSX.
Old 02-22-2004
Registered!!

hooolala is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by WhiteCastle
^you have one best looking corrolas I ever seen. It sorta looks like a little IS lowered with the grill removed, hell I bet with some custom bumpers and the tails it could looks just like a toyota Alteza-over exagerated. But but it would look close.
question I heard you get more power froma turbo for your car than a sup is this true. I know a guy with a turbo matrix. He said the turbos are putting out more.
yea.. i'm going to get the body kit soon.. there are 2 kits that i want to get..

this one (altis kit from thailand)

or

this one (andy autosport)

and yea... Turbo always put out more power then the supercharger, and it's also alot easier to turn up the boost than the supercharger, but since my supercharger is made by TRD, i won't need to worry about smog check and other problems.
Old 02-23-2004
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ yup. I got beat by a turbo scion XA lol
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

outersquare is an unknown quantity at this point
hey hooolala, i think you shouldn't have said anything, just let people keep thinking d series civics can beat 1zz corollas no prob.
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ you mean they can't?
Old 02-29-2004

now trully I wonder what would win a corrola or a civic sedan. Becuase they have the exsact same stats.
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

liquidsilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys.....I dont post too often here but I have to this time....

I used to work for a Toyota dealership.....one night , I took out a used 99 non vvti corolla with 120 horsepower(auto) and raced my brothers auto 2001 civic coupe....(his user id is 01 coupe). Let's just say the corolla was quicker...didn't matter if its low end or high end.....corollas just more powerful.
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

MONTREALCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
go go non-vtech engine. guiddy up.
i have a 2dr lx and i smoked a mazda protoge about 6 months ago. i just have a cold air
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

outersquare is an unknown quantity at this point
the 1zz 2003+ corollas are conservatively rated, they make about 120 HP at the wheels in stick. Don't ask me to "prove it" or whatever, do your own search on the net.

Stock for stock and matching tranny types, the 1zz corolla will always have the upper hand over a d series 7th gen civic.

Last edited by outersquare; 02-29-2004 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

civicmorph is an unknown quantity at this point
this dam thread still going? I think it should be locked up now
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by outersquare
hey hooolala, i think you shouldn't have said anything, just let people keep thinking d series civics can beat 1zz corollas no prob.
lol~~~ true~~
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by outersquare
the 1zz 2003+ corollas are conservatively rated, they make about 120 HP at the wheels in stick. Don't ask me to "prove it" or whatever, do your own search on the net.

Stock for stock and matching tranny types, the 1zz corolla will always have the upper hand over a d series 7th gen civic.
yea.. the stock manual makes about 120 to the wheel, and the stock automatic makes about 104 to the wheel (i have the paper to prove it), last time we had a dyno meet and i remember my friend's manual 03 corolla with cold air intake and a full cat-back system did 128hp to the wheel..

btw.. here is something new for those people who don't know much about Corolla, Corolla uses the same engine (1ZZ-FE) as the Celica GT (140hp), Matrix XR (130hp) and MR-S (138hp)...
Old 03-02-2004

^I just got done arguing with some *** who said its not worth modifying are corrolas and civics becuase in the end thier just econo cars.
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by WhiteCastle
^I just got done arguing with some *** who said its not worth modifying are corrolas and civics becuase in the end thier just econo cars.

ha... what does he drive? a geo metro? lol~
Old 07-08-2004
Registered!!

dnbguy86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright, im gonna sum up this whole thread real quick...you sir who said your auto lx on 18's beat a corolla is plain bullshit. i have an 2004 honda civic lx auto tranny with just a muffler on it. im a pretty respectable driver when it comes to racing. i live in texas so the atmospheric pressure is in my favor. and ive been to the track in my car. as of now the fastest e.t is 18.1@76.33 with a full tank of gas mind you. if i had 1/4 of a tank i would definetely be in high 17's...best 60" was 2.6 ! like i said im no drag racer...but i garuntee you i am not a noob or nothing....i tried several different approaches to gettin a faster time and could not. a honda civic lx auto tranny is just slow...im sorry to rain on your parade.
Old 07-08-2004
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
way to bring backa thread thats been dead for half a year mac...
Old 07-08-2004
Registered!!

lol werd, I don't even drive the civic anymore...hence my signature
Old 07-12-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by hooolala
i not trying to be rude or anything.. but do you guys really belive a

stock, 1.7L SOHC non-VTEC Civic with 115hp, 110tq and weights about 2474lbs (manual)

can beat a

stock 1.8L DOHC VVT-I Corolla with 130hp, 125tq that weights about 2502lbs (manual)??? (all the infomation came from autos.yahoo.com)

i don't think soo...

also, car and driver tested a 2003 corolla last year and rans 0-60 in in about 8.5 seconds... you think a stock LX can do that?

i don't think soo...

i'm not tring to tell you guys corolla is the best.. cuz i agree that Civic EX MIGHT take a Corolla but that's depands on the driver's skill, and a SI will take a corolla anytime... so please stop telling my a stock LX can take out a Corolla..

lol

Corrola does not do 0-60 in 8.5 secs.

Check out some other articles. It has a very poor 0-60 times. Not saying the Civic EX doesn't. I am certain a stock EX is faster than a stock 130hp corrolla. There is suppose to be some xrs model with 170 hp for 2005.

Is an LX really that slow? How much faster is and EX than an LX anyone tested this. I made a big deal in getting an EX for those extra 12hp.

Last edited by nindoo; 07-12-2004 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-25-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by nindoo
lol

Corrola does not do 0-60 in 8.5 secs.

Check out some other articles. It has a very poor 0-60 times. Not saying the Civic EX doesn't. I am certain a stock EX is faster than a stock 130hp corrolla. There is suppose to be some xrs model with 170 hp for 2005.

Is an LX really that slow? How much faster is and EX than an LX anyone tested this. I made a big deal in getting an EX for those extra 12hp.
lol... i haven't check this thread for a long time..

anyways.. you don't believe corolla does 0-60 in 8.5 second? well.. believe it... if you need prove.. please check www.car-stats.com

Car-Stats.com Report for 2003 Toyota Corolla S
Obtained from MT January, 2003
(CE would be even faster because it's lighter)
0-60: 8.3 Transmission: Unknown
1/4 Mile: 16.1
1/4 Speed: 88

Car-Stats.com Report for 2001 Honda Civic EX
Obtained from C&D November, 2000
0-60: 8.4 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 16.7
1/4 Speed: 84
Old 10-25-2004
Registered!!

wow create a new thread ppl! don't revive the oldies...
Old 10-25-2004
Boosting Daily

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
Talking

yes i do.... Vtec makes alot of differences..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Vtec on b, k, and h series engines-
Vtec on d series-

I'm sorry, but i'm calling N00b!!!!!
Old 10-25-2004
Boosting Daily

EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
plus, we don't have "full blooded" Vtec.......we have something called Vtec-E

E- Economy

If i had a choice, i'd trade my d17a2 for a d17a anyday being that they respond better to boost
Old 10-25-2004
Boosting Daily

lol... this is funny.... you said corolla weights alot more.. then prove it... prove me that corolla weight soo much that 15 extra hp and 10 extra torque doesn't do anything... and please don't compare a base model civic (no power windows, power lock or even no AC) with a fully loaded Corolla.. just by telling me your opinion doesn't means its the fact... show me the number, or a website.. (please remember 50lbs = 1hp)

also... you think "newbie" on this site means anything?? grow up man... i have been modify cars longer then most people on this site... i even own a car club with more then 3000+ members and a online shop that sell aftermarket parts for toyota cars..

btw.. any car with a NOS can beat a GTS or even a RSX-S... no.. wait.... you don't even need a nos to beat a GTS.. a manual Corolla with a Cold air intake will take a stock automatic GTS anytime...
Damm.....i laughed so hard i think i pee'd on myself
Old 10-25-2004
Boosting Daily

huh...?? what are you talking about... please do some research before you talk...

how much is a Honda EX?? $16,860
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/d/hon..._overview.html

Corolla S $14,615 (i bought mine S for 16,800 OTD fully loaded)
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/d/toy..._overview.html

sure.. i'll race you... where in CA are you??? bring it on...
lets see how does your modified civic compare with my Supercharged Corolla

Mad props to tha toyota. Looks pretty sharp. Would have gone with a turbo though.
Old 10-25-2004
Registered!!

I think u guys are taking this Vtec thing too strongly...sure the Vtec gives u power over the whole rpm spectrum (where it kicks in) but it doesn't provide that much power in a civic...the vtecs on our civics are made more for fuel economy and low emissions. Now if you were talking about a vtec on an S2K that's a different story...so don't go thinking ur the shiz just because you have a Vtec badge under ur hood

oh yea, before u start flaming, I've had a 6th gen civic ex...a 7th gen civic lx...and no they were not that much different (until I popped them 18inchers onto my LX)...now I have a VTEC 2004 S2K and of course my pimp mobile.
Old 10-26-2004
Registered!!

AznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really nice
corollas arent the fastest but faster than a dx civic

Last edited by AznChinksta; 10-26-2004 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-26-2004
Registered!!

AznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really nice
[QUOTE]
wtf u smokin?
Old 11-13-2004
The Original F*ckin Angry Armenian

ArtIntown11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
My boy a stupid corolla S or whatever i used to spank him 2 cars wit my vic everytime CEPT im not automatic...kinda unfair ....but hes auto...in conclusion i like corollas better than civics in certains things but they definetly dont handle like our civics....then again ive never seen a new corolla with a lot of suspension mods....