Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Blu vs. Grand Am GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JetBlu01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Blu vs. Grand Am GT

my homeboy has a Grand Am GT Ram Air and he would always say how he would kill my car and he said he would kill some cars in da "K" although he did lose bad to a black civic (he say) that looked stock. Anyway we were leaving school and we were gettin on I-220 right there on the Cross Lake bridge. I was behind him and going around the curve on the on ramp I knew once we straightened up that he would hit it. So as I imagined when we straightened up he hit and I drop it down in 2nd....REDLINE 7200, 3rd...3rd is reeling him in so as I jump on the side of him at 85-90 mph and redlining 3rd, I hit 4th and I'm on the side of him...now we going bout 100+...I let down my window and look at him with a big smile and chunk up the deuce and as I was passing him i lip "4 BANGER" to him as I proceed to leave him and hit 125mh ...I didn't get into 5th gear until i was already passed him and thats when i put on the afterburners I left him bout 2 car lengths to my knowledge cuz I know he shut it down (he does have 150 on the dash but I think it cuts off way before then) once he saw it was over and I was still pulling away....now think bout this, my civic on BIG 18 INCH CHROME LEXANI RIMS with only cat-back exhaust and CAI beat this '01 Grand Am GT Ram Air that I STARTED BEHIND HIM...so now he wants to run from stop...I don't know how to launch pretty good...especially without tire spin...think I stand a chance? Whats a good rpm to launch at? I like my chances cuz he said my 3rd and 4th gears are pretty strong compared to his... he said I would catch him round 90 mph but I wanna lead the whole way to put this cat away and stop him from hatin' on da 4 BANGERS anyway my first worthy kill...HOLLA ATCHA BOY!! I've beat him before from a rollin start but this is the first time he's admitted it.

PS~ oh yeah, he was quick to admit before this that he could beat any civic thats not boosting...thats until he met BLU. oh yeah his car is pretty quick down low so thats why we started from a roll.
Old 12-28-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
ummmmm........yeah

Last edited by civic01vtec; 12-28-2003 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-28-2003
Registered!!

Anotherslo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Umh. Maybe im reading it wrong, but 125 then you passed him, then you shifted into 5th. and a D17 HMMM! I hope i'm reading it wrong. Anyways I know a guy with a Grand AM from New Orleans in Aftermath Customs and he has a rebuilt enging plus many other mods. and he is only running low 16's in his Grand Am GT. Athough he also has ICE, Chrome rims, and body kit. There not that fast at all. Did you say boost! Lets see da Pics!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
where'd you buy the afterburners at?
Old 12-28-2003
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
i think that pep boys has them......LOL
Old 12-28-2003
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
lol thats funny cause even I have to shift into 5th way before 125. lol I can't imagine theres much truth to this story. but if there is you REALLY need to learn how to tell the stories better. Also the 2 I've seen ran mid 16's in the 1/4
Old 12-28-2003
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

littlePman will become famous soon enoughlittlePman will become famous soon enough
:zbsflag:

hit 125 in 4th? hit 125 with 18 inch chrome rims? you sure you arnt loking a the Kilometers per hour?

p p p p p p p poser
Old 12-28-2003
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
2nd story when he beats american muscle...lol.
the civic never loses...
Old 12-29-2003

sorry for all my A.D.D. challenged and for my "special people...I hit 5th gear at bout 108-110mph and by that time I had already passed him. U know what, every post I post, its the same haters...I love ya'lll. Sorry man I lose alot...did u check out where I lost to the SE-R...lets see I've lost to a Tiburon (pretty quick stock), my homeboy's Camaro, lotta other stuff I'm sure...oh yeah Taurus SHO (pretty quick)
Old 12-29-2003

Originally posted by DoubleDeuce2k2
where'd you buy the afterburners at?
me and ya moms did a lil' exchange...I give some, I receive something...tell her hello imp:
Old 12-29-2003

Originally posted by Anotherslo1
Umh. Maybe im reading it wrong, but 125 then you passed him, then you shifted into 5th. and a D17 HMMM! I hope i'm reading it wrong. Anyways I know a guy with a Grand AM from New Orleans in Aftermath Customs and he has a rebuilt enging plus many other mods. and he is only running low 16's in his Grand Am GT. Athough he also has ICE, Chrome rims, and body kit. There not that fast at all. Did you say boost! Lets see da Pics!!!!!!!!
well my friend, the Grand Am you're talking about is kinda old...well its the old body style and my homeboy I raced, his sister has one and they are pretty slow compared to his...u r talking about the white and blue one right kitted out dropped to the ground...yeah man I know thats the one...anyone whats your point?...Did I say I was boosting? Maybe u should get mommy to read your stories for u...I said "my homeboy said he can beat any civic thats not boosting" break it down homie, process, and tell me what u came up with tomorrow
Old 12-29-2003
Registered!!

ojay is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by JetBlu01
break it down homie
*pelvic thrusts*
Old 12-29-2003
Banned by Admin

Master should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trusted
wow when did our civics get a redline of 7200?
Old 12-29-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
why in the hell would you shift at 7200 RPM when the cars max power is reached at 6200? don't you know your just waisting power goin past 6200? oh wait you don't.....

I'm suprised you didn't double clutch it and hit the NAWZ to beat him....
Old 12-29-2003
Banned by Admin

Master should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trusted
plus does his rev limiter not stop him just past the actual redline?
Old 12-29-2003
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
"as I was passing him i lip "4 BANGER" to him as I proceed to leave him and hit 125mh ...I didn't get into 5th gear until i was already passed him"

"I hit 5th gear at bout 108-110mph"

change your stories much??

Before you go around suggesting everyones an idiot you should take some time to read your own post. My advice to you is this....

A) introduce yourself to reality
B) learn the english language
c) quit thinking you're a mac daddy pimp cause you drive a civic with chrome rims.
Old 12-29-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Master
plus does his rev limiter not stop him just past the actual redline?
i never hit the rev limiter on the d17 so i have idea when it kicks in, i never even hit the redline, which btw JetBlu01 if you looked at your tach its at 6800...

JetBlu01: Redline is not a shiftpoint, its the maximum your supposed to rev your motor IE when your downshifting your tach shouldn't go above 6800.

if you look at hondas website

127@6300
Old 12-29-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Chrome is heavy, Heavy = slow

The rev limiter kicks in betweeen 7100 and 7200 on my EX. (I ocationally hit it when I'm autocrossing) and I can't give a Precise # because I'm not staring at my tach wen I race.

as far as the best shift point..... for best performance your shift point will be past your peak HP point, but not much past it. there will be a point where Higher RPMs actually = Less power, and thus Less acceleration. For our engines, some where between 6300 and 7000 RPMs is our best shift point (For EXs at least) Its probably more along the lines of being at 6500-6600 RPMs. So unless you have extensivly altered the torque curve of your engine, hiting the revlimiter or Wanting to go higher in RPMs is pretty useless and will more then likely make you go slower.
Old 12-29-2003
Registered!!

Anotherslo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by JetBlu01
well my friend, the Grand Am you're talking about is kinda old...well its the old body style and my homeboy I raced, his sister has one and they are pretty slow compared to his...u r talking about the white and blue one right kitted out dropped to the ground...yeah man I know thats the one...anyone whats your point?...Did I say I was boosting? Maybe u should get mommy to read your stories for u...I said "my homeboy said he can beat any civic thats not boosting" break it down homie, process, and tell me what u came up with tomorrow
HA HA! No..... Reread your story and tell me what you think. I think you should read 00celica statement. That pretty much explains what I read. If you didn't mean to write it that way then you should have wrote it the way you explained it the second time. And don't get us wrong, were not hating on you. In fact I enjoy your stories. Gives me something to chat about. But, seriously, you bring it on yourself. If you mean one thing, you shouldn't write it another way.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT STORY
Old 12-29-2003
But it's a Dry Heat

l00pb4k is an unknown quantity at this point
GOTTA TURN HEADS...#1 STUNNA ??
Hmmm, must be one of the Icy Hot boys...

Anyway. Just trying to figure out how you are beating people with 18" rims (slows you down) a full body kit AND a dual exhaust mod? All thse things are going to slow you down and add weight.
Old 12-29-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Its because his car likes braking the laws of Physics...
Old 12-29-2003
Wicked Moderatuh

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
Alright, alright. Enough ragging on this guy. Didn't you people read the Sticky about respect. Sheesh.