Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Some Kills *VIDEOS* and Track Time....*update time slip on PG. 4*

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003
BOOST JUNKY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
Some Kills *VIDEOS* and Track Time....*update time slip on PG. 4*

Not sure if any of you care, but i'm basically posting for those that are interested in running nitrous in their cars might wanna take a peek at.

I went to the track recently and ran the vic on a 50 shot for the first time (at the track).
Best time that evening was a 14.7 @ 93 MPH. That's a 50 shot ladies and gentlemen!! AND...i'm quite sure that time can be improved upon!!! It was pretty hot out that night and i still think i coulda launched at a slightly higher RPM.

Anywho.....I've been messin' around here and there. This first video is of me vs. another 7thgen, vs. a 6thgen. This was with all of us running N/A. I did NOT spray in this vid (I am the blue vic in the middle):

ME vs. 6thgen vs. 7thgen (I'm in the middle)

And here's a great one.....4 way race. I'm at your FAR LEFT . It's ME, a Red GSR, a BLACK Spec V, and a gunmetal EK with a B16. I did Spray here.....:

4way: Me vs. B16 vs. GSR vs. SPEC V

And for old times sake...those of you that haven't seen....my race with the new Mini Cooper S:
ME vs. Mini Cooper S

Enjoy!! If you have any n2o questions...PLEASE feel free to ask. I don't know it all...but i'll try to be as much help as i can.

Oh yeah...I"m runnin the VCN-1000 kit on the car. I have pics of the setup...i think i've posted them before...but if anyone wants to see...they are at this page:

http://members.aol.com/x2k1xn20xc1v1cx/index.html

Last edited by SpdRcrChk; 07-31-2003 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-25-2003
anti rice

spoon will become famous soon enough
nice vids, where do u race at? Do you ever go out to us27?
Old 07-25-2003
BOOST JUNKY

I went out there once. And it was very similar to what we have in sagabay. BUT we weren't there for long and well...a cop rolled by and everyone scattered. I haven't been back since and i heard that it got busted up. SO....we do most of our racin in groups...on the high way....late late at night....with a pack.....as lookouts (and camera cars).
Old 07-25-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
OMG....

to SpdRcrChk!!!

You owned all of them You seem to be a really good driver too. Awesome job
Old 07-25-2003
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
youre my hero. wanna go out?
Old 07-26-2003
cool beans

zinkyroo is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah nice kills.
Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
dam really good kills
Old 07-26-2003
Just Be

MangoEX should not be trusted
Not tryin' to hate. But grow up and race w/o the bottle. That's artificial if you ask me. All it proves is that you can press a button. Nice driving though.
Old 07-26-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
wow, i guess people really do race 4 wide like in fast and furious.
Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

d17a2outlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
nice vids. what RPM do yo launch at?
Old 07-26-2003
Banned

YES_part2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
wow, i guess people really do race 4 wide like in fast and furious.
pwn3d
Old 07-26-2003
BOOST JUNKY

Originally posted by MangoEX
Not tryin' to hate. But grow up and race w/o the bottle. That's artificial if you ask me. All it proves is that you can press a button. Nice driving though.
Yeah the fact that you started your post with "not tryin to hate" means you're hating.

Get this...you are pretty ignorant if you think n2o consists of "just pressing a button". If you think it's that easy...then turbo and s/c would be as easy as just "steppin on the gas".

Telling me to grow up and race without a bottle...is total b/s. I DO race n/a ....FYI. But that's not the point. N2O is just as valid a form of forced induction as any other form. Just because the rumor has it that it's easy to use...doesnt mean sh*t. Mis-shift on n2o..you're f*cked. Lean out....not enough fuel (kinda like turbo) your f*cked, try launching with n2o... a little harder than with turbo why? Cuz you need to learn more control.....not just sit there and wait for the turbo to spool up. Over-rev on n2o...you're screwed too. No power shifting either boys....learn to quick shift or get rid of it and don't drive at all. Got it? If it's artificial.....then how come so many PROFESSIONAL people use it eh? Do you're research and learn a little more about n2o setups and you'll see it takes just as much work and skill to use it.

Thanks for the compliment on the driving....but you messed it up with your whole little "grow up" comment. I'm prolly #1 more mature than you, and #2 been in the scene longer (notice i said probably). I've had a turbo-charged car before, i've worked on an n/a car before...so i wanted to try n2o and u know what.....most misconceptions and ignorant comments like the ones you made are just that....misconceived and ignorant.
Old 07-26-2003

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by SpdRcrChk
Yeah the fact that you started your post with "not tryin to hate" means you're hating.

Get this...you are pretty ignorant if you think n2o consists of "just pressing a button". If you think it's that easy...then turbo and s/c would be as easy as just "steppin on the gas".
pwn3d
Old 07-26-2003
BOOST JUNKY

Originally posted by d17a2outlaw
nice vids. what RPM do yo launch at?
depends what tires i'm runnin'.

on dr's usually like 4k or 4500. But no dumping the clutch or punching it.

I haven't launched it on the volks. most races i've caught while on those are rolling from 1st or second.
Old 07-26-2003
Banned

in the first vid, it looks like you dumped from too high rpm. that launch was bout as bad as my first time @ track. spun through 1st adds 1.5 - 2 sec to 1/4

Last edited by YES_part2; 07-26-2003 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-26-2003
BOOST JUNKY

Originally posted by YES_part2
in the first vid, it looks like you dumped from too high rpm. that launch was bout as bad as my first time @ track. spun through 1st adds 1.5 - 2 sec to 1/4
You're right. Streets were damp as well.
But uh...yeah i still took them. Not my favorite launch that's for sure. I've had WAYY better.

the Launch i got on that 14.7 at moroso was nearly perfect though.

Last edited by SpdRcrChk; 07-26-2003 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-26-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Gotti
OMG....

to SpdRcrChk!!!

You owned all of them You seem to be a really good driver too. Awesome job
one more time
Old 07-26-2003
Just Be

Originally posted by SpdRcrChk
#2 been in the scene longer (notice i said probably).....misconceived and ignorant.
lease:

If you think nitrous is the way to race... then I feel bad for you...especially if the cars you're racing are NOT using any temporary/artificial means of assist. Why not just mount some rockets on your roof and light them?
Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
cool vids
Old 07-26-2003

lease:

If you think nitrous is the way to race... then I feel bad for you...especially if the cars you're racing are NOT using any temporary/artificial means of assist. Why not just mount some rockets on your roof and light them?
Please explain how using nitrous is not a real way to race. Lot's of Professional drag cars use nitrous. Are they not really racing?

So if you have a turbo and the person you are racing doesn't does that mean you should remove your turbo and race fair?

There is no cheating in racing. The whole point is to make your car as fast as possible and by any means necessary.
Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02

There is no cheating in racing. The whole point is to make your car as fast as possible and by any means necessary.
Ya man anything goes.. nitrous is valid
Old 07-26-2003
BOOST JUNKY

lease:

Means of assist? Hey..talk car talk ok? It's called forced induction. So YOU are saying.....that it would be unfair for an turbo integra to race a n/a stang? Why not? If their HP and/or torque is about the same then it's a fair race. I don't pick on n/a geo metro's and then juice it on them. If i can race n/a i race n/a. If i need the extra HP to at least make it a good race or match HP...then i'll spray.

Your rockets comment is absurd. I feel bad for you....that you feel bad for me!! N2O....is just as valid a form of forced induction as turbo or s/c. You say tomato i say tom-ah-to...big friggen whoop. Every comment uve made thus far is pretty biased and has nothing to back it up.

You mustah watched the fast and the furious way too many times. Sure its easy to push a button and hold a gear. But that's not the only nitrous set up that exist. and YES it does take skill to drive with it.

Stop cloggin my thread with your unverifiable comments. The thread is not here to debate against you....it's here to show people what their cars can do....and to (despite mr. all mighty mango's dissaproval) let people know if they need help or w/e....i'm here.
Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

mikedarippa is an unknown quantity at this point
umm u guys are dumb the only way our slow *** cars are gonna go any where is by force induction via turbo,nitrous supercharger or anything. their is no rules in racing u run what u run if u dont wanna race then shut up and get out of this thread.props 2 spdrcrchk it takes control not to go trigger happy and blow ur motor unlike turbo or supercharger u dont worry about goin nuts and holding a button to long and blow ur motor so everyone that doesnt know what there saying should read and learn and also SHUT UP....
Old 07-27-2003
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
asdfjkl;
Old 07-27-2003
Just Be

Actually, I've never actually watched ANY of the fast and furious movies. And why not strap rockets on your roof? Afterall -- anything goes right? And I didnt say that its not fair to race for example an integra and n/a stang GT, the point i'm trying to make is (i'm assuming) you we're racing pretty much stock (or light bolt ons) modded 1.6 civics, etc. They weren't exactly "Stang GTs" were they? Thats where I see the dose of unfairness.

As soon as I seen you ripping on 1.6 civics, thats what provoked me to say the things I did, If the video was you racing a high displacement powerhouse, maybe a GM 3800 II or even anything bigger, than yeah, I'd agree with the videos. Should I just go race my friend's 2k2 LX sedan auto with my 2k2 EX coupe auto, but I have nitrous, and he doesnt -- and then brag about my kills?

Again, this is assuming that silver 6th gen was running n/a. Was he?
Old 07-27-2003
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
I see someone didn't get their n2o filled balloon from the dentist when they were a kid.

Nice kills, Yvette.
Old 07-27-2003
Just Be

Originally posted by mikedarippa
umm u guys are dumb the only way our slow *** cars are gonna go any where is by force induction via turbo,nitrous supercharger or anything. their is no rules in racing u run what u run if u dont wanna race then shut up and get out of this thread.props 2 spdrcrchk it takes control not to go trigger happy and blow ur motor unlike turbo or supercharger u dont worry about goin nuts and holding a button to long and blow ur motor so everyone that doesnt know what there saying should read and learn and also SHUT UP....
I think you need to shut up and go to school. That whole "paragraph" continued on without a single punctuation mark.
Old 07-27-2003
BOOST JUNKY

Thats where I see the dose of unfairness.

Again, this is assuming that silver 6th gen was running n/a. Was he?
I think that's where we come to a misunderstanding.

The video of me racing the 6thgen and the other 7thgen was totally fair. Because i DIDN'T USE THE NITROUS in that video. And yes it was slightly modded....pretty much the same boltons i have I/H/E. I guess i can see where it would be unfair in your eyes...but i guess u didn't notice i said i raced them without spray.
Old 07-27-2003
BOOST JUNKY

I think you need to shut up and go to school. That whole "paragraph" continued on without a single punctuation mark.
Actually i counted 2 periods, and one "..."

Maybe he was in a hurry?
Old 07-27-2003
Banned

let me just explain something really quick. nitrous "kits" are just a simple toggle switch after they are installed correctly. just make sure you dont bash the rev limiter (can be solved with a window switch) and youre fine so long as you dont exceed the recommendations put forth by the kit.

now onto track cars

nitrous is a volatile method of fi, and you will have to monitor everything. possibly more monitoring required than a turbocharger. there is a reason why tracks require you to have a blowdown tube if youre running nitrous. ive heard of people who have had their arms blown off from exploding bottles.

Quick Reply: Some Kills *VIDEOS* and Track Time....*update time slip on PG. 4*