Transaction Feedback Both parties of a transaction please post your positive/negative feedback here. This section is meant to give both parties the ability to explain the situation and rebut. New buyer should check on feedback regarding all new sales.

Dispute with member of this forum... ADVICE needed please read...

Old 07-29-2007
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
Dispute with member of this forum... ADVICE needed please read...

I have a dilemma that I want some advice about. I have done business with another member here, and I have positive feedback from all the business I have done with everyone else. The problem is this: I sent a package via USPS to someone from here, and I put insurance on it for this person just in case something was to happen along the way. Now, he reported to me that he received the package, but it was empty. The items inside the package were stolen. Now, when he told me there was an empty box, he asked what he should do about it, and I told him to make a claim with the USPS, and wait for his refund. He then responded to me if I will refund his money back because he doesn't want to wait for the claim, and I told him I won't refund it because then I will be out double that amount, and as soon as it left my hands, I am no longer responsible, and I told him to make the claaim and wait it out, and that I was sorry for what happened to him. Now, he never responded to me, and he make a Item Not Received Dispute with Paypal against me. I tried to do the claim for him, but the Post Office near me where I sent the package out from said that he must do it since he is the recipient. I told him that but still no response. Now, what would you do if you were in my position? I am going to respond to the Paypal dispute. All advice is greatly appreciated.

I feel as though I am not the one responsible for his loss. I would be responsible if I would have not put insurance on the package. But I did, so that is not my fault.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-29-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dispute with member of this forum... ADVICE needed please read...

Nope, you're in the right here. By putting insurance on the package, you've left yourself a "cutout" in essence. As soon as you inform PayPal, and provide them with a scanned copy of your insurance thingee and receipt (you kept them, right?) from USPS, they will back down and inform the seller he's SOL.

It smells like a scam IMO, if he's willing to go through the hassle of dealing with PayPal to go after your money, why would he not want to get off his dead *** and go the Post Office and file a very similar claim? This way he's guaranteed to get his money back. Unless he's doing both.....<shudder>, I would hope someone wouldn't be that shady.

[paranoia] He could have received the parts, submitted two claims (USPS and PayPal), in order to get the parts and get paid for them [/paranoia]

Just deal with PayPal. You're in the right here.
Old 07-29-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Ya he's scamming you. He's making every attempt to avoid the legal way of doing it.
Old 07-29-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Yup.. Do what foos said and provide evidence to Paypal that you insured the item to clear your name that way. If the dude is doing both, then the least you can do is cover your *** so you don't get into any trouble for it.
Old 07-30-2007
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

It doesn't really matter cause we aren't on ebay dealing. all paypal would ask if for a tracking or a reciept. you couldve sold him **** in a box, and paypal wouldn't give him his money back either way. lol
Old 07-30-2007
Registered!!

adishman should not be trustedadishman should not be trustedadishman should not be trusted

what did you sell him if i can ask...
Old 08-01-2007
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all

Ok cool. Thanks for your advice, and comments. I know I am right, and I did provide proof of the transaction to Paypal. Anyway, I am now selling my lip kit from my car, it is brand new, never used or installed, or painted, and he is trying to give me a bad seller feedback on here telling everyone not to buy from me because I will not send them the item they pay for. This **** is ridiculous already. He is acting like a 2 year old. I didn't want to mention any names, but I will let you all know who this ******* is who is scamming me. His name on here is Civic-driver. I sold him lower control arms. Thanks again everyone.

Last edited by IrockCivics; 08-01-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-01-2007
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

Gab! We Need To Talk!
Old 08-01-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Dude you are in the clear....
Old 08-10-2007
Registered!!

zexpoweredem2 will become famous soon enough

Do what i do if i sell anything, before i package it away for the shipment i make sure that the shipper ( who ever it might be) sees that the product is in the box before i tape it up and have them write it down with a description of the product, and total weight, and what time i'm shipping it with there name and contact number and then staple it to the the receipt.
That's the only way to show proof that the product was in the package the entire time.

Hope this helps you if you sell the lip kit, good luck on that one by the way, and always use paypal and not money orders i found that one out after one month of fighting with the guy in here.

Good luck,
Matt