Transaction Feedback Both parties of a transaction please post your positive/negative feedback here. This section is meant to give both parties the ability to explain the situation and rebut. New buyer should check on feedback regarding all new sales.

|| Dezod Motorsports ||

Old 08-23-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
|| Dezod Motorsports ||

I was just thinking the other day, we have been on this board since 2001. Can you believe that? I was a solo member before I opened the business, and later became a vendor on the site. I owe so much credit to this community for the knowledge I have gained from here, so I try everyday to give that knowledge back to all of the people that are new to the community. So first, and foremost, to the 7thgen family, thanks for all of your support. No onto some good and better news.

We recently revamped the website quite a bit, and upgraded servers as well. We are now offering even faster order time turn-around than ever as well. We have been on here shining bright this long, and will continue to offer and push the envelope of 7thgen performance, quality and customer service you have grown to know and respect.

As an FYI, the websites are www.dezod.com & www.dezodmotorsports.com

We also have a 7thgencivic section for EXCLUSIVE 1 stop shopping with 208 7thgen products for your picking!!!! We have the MOST comprehensive 7thgen section in the world. So please, check it out sometime: http://dezod.com/cat_7thgencivic.cfm

Lastly, I would like to say thank you to all of the supporters, customers and followers of the Dezod organization. We would not be here today if it were not for you guys. We have grown in exponential numbers, have more knowledge, more staff and a broader product knowledge now more than ever. We owe some gratitude to you guys for the support and love since day 1. Thanks guys!

Sincerely,
Paul on behalf of the Dezod staff

Last edited by dezod; 08-24-2006 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MiStAmOo is on a distinguished road
good job keep it up
Old 08-24-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Thanks! Link fixed BTW
Old 08-27-2006
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
ive been doing business with paul since 2002 when i got my car and til this day his service is 100%.

dezod for all the work you have done for 7thgencivic.com

Last edited by 1siksivik; 08-27-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-28-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by 1siksivik
ive been doing business with paul since 2002 when i got my car and til this day his service is 100%.

dezod for all the work you have done for 7thgencivic.com
Yes you have Simmy. Thanks for the biz all along. Much appreciated.
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
only person i deal with...
Old 08-28-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by exturbo6
only person i deal with...
Thanks Steve. I like to think we take good care of you.

We appreciate your continued support too.
Old 08-30-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
always a pleasure to buy from. its amazing how many quality, exclusive 7thgen parts you have made.
Old 08-30-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
You guys are the only one I deal with when it comes to shopping for my 7th gen!!!

Thanks for always keeping your word!
Old 09-01-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Thanks for the support fellas!
Old 09-07-2006
7thgen Power Maker

BTW we updated our 7thgen section for more products!
Old 09-10-2006
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
Much respect to you Dezod. Seem like your the only one that shows the D17 some much needed love.

P.S. Almost ready to pick up some more stuff from you so I'll let you know
Old 09-10-2006
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
i've had nothing but good experiences dealing with you.. shipping's always quick, transactions always smooth..

always a pleasure dealing with you
Old 09-12-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Thanks fellas!

Tru, lemme know when your ready!
Old 09-12-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Props Paul but there are still many things you can do to expand and keep the customers happy.
Old 09-14-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Michalo187
Props Paul but there are still many things you can do to expand and keep the customers happy.
Such as? I am curious to hear.
Old 09-14-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
^^^^You could start by lowering your prices on a lot of your stuff. Just because your the only vendor that offers this stuff doesn't mean you have to price hike it to the point where your making more money to make you happy. I did some research your log manifold has about 150-200 of parts on it and you sell them for 554 plug shipping(yes i know including labor,labor can't be over 300 on that part they are extremely easy to make). Another thing that we have talked about is the shorty downpipe being sold with the secondary downpipe....What is that? Seriously thats pretty shady. Your turbos are extremely high in price using "Garrett" Technology, I can buy a bad *** garrett for 600 shipped to my door.

Paul you claim you love helping out the 7thgen members, but show us you love helping us and instead of looking at us as a gold mine look at us as loyal and friendly customers that want the best prices on parts....Paul your a good guy and your business is well run and I know your just gonna come back and tell me I am an idiot but I have done research. Btw take this as productive criticizism
Old 09-14-2006
7thgen Power Maker

^^^^You could start by lowering your prices on a lot of your stuff. Just because your the only vendor that offers this stuff doesn't mean you have to price hike it to the point where your making more money to make you happy. I did some research your log manifold has about 150-200 of parts on it and you sell them for 554 plug shipping(yes i know including labor,labor can't be over 300 on that part they are extremely easy to make). Another thing that we have talked about is the shorty downpipe being sold with the secondary downpipe....What is that? Seriously thats pretty shady. Your turbos are extremely high in price using "Garrett" Technology, I can buy a bad *** garrett for 600 shipped to my door.

Paul you claim you love helping out the 7thgen members, but show us you love helping us and instead of looking at us as a gold mine look at us as loyal and friendly customers that want the best prices on parts....Paul your a good guy and your business is well run and I know your just gonna come back and tell me I am an idiot but I have done research. Btw take this as productive criticizism

Production part prices will always be difficult for anyone who does not do it to understand. Let me try to break that portion down to you as easy as possible.

Let's just break down the manifold for starters, which is an excellent piece to attack.

$200-225 in flanges, L's, T's etc. Now we have all of the pieces to the puzzle. Now we can get started.

The parts do not fit together on their own, so we need to make them go together, which requires some serious effort and tools. So we need to have cut wheels, tourches, saws, drills and various other machines to make the assembly possible. These drills need bits. These saws need wheels and/or blades. These TIG welders need gases, which are all not cheap. Remind you, we have not yet gotten into the labor aspect at all.

All of the manifolds require a 'jig' or 'fixture' to ensure that the flange locations and such all remain in certain parameters. The good thing is that you only need to make a fixture once, and your done. So it can be reused, but making it costs materials AND labor. Rods, sheet metal etc.

Now let's touch briefly on labor, I have pay Rick (who makes the manifolds here) $xx.00/hour plus benefits to continue to have him work here. Without blabbing his business on the internet, he makes well over $35/hr for when he is fabbing. It takes time, skill, patience and know how to get a perfect manifold built. Why you might ask? Because metals, move as you weld them. They draw in one direction which can throw off your entire plan of the manifold. So knowing how it draws and such helps, but that is only learned through experience making these time and time again. So the 1st manifold might take 4-5 hours to build, but future (if it's an easy manifold to make) takes maybe 3-4.5 hours depending on how things roll. Every weld and/or cut and/or piece can present a different hurdle to overcome. So your constantly reevaluating with every move.

The tools and such all require electricity, which FPL (Florida Lighting and Power) just gave themselves an 18% raise just this year, and our complex management gave us a 10% raise in rent for our place too. Not counting, phone, internet etc. This may sound stupid, but shop rags and just other stupid crap involved in everyday operation need to be taken into account as well.

Now, lastly we need to make sure the part can fit in the fixture and is as close to an identical piece as the prototype. Now that it is ready (assuming it is), we still need to have it boxed, which still needs to be bought, then tape to pack it, then ink to print the tag, then web support, phone support, IM support and internet sales & service need to be done to make sure any tech support that is needed is there.

That Mike thinks we are greddy pigs on our parts, but we are average priced. Try to buy a log manifold from most places for this car and you will be around the same price. Will it be as nice? Will it fit? Will it perform? I do not know, but ours I can guarantee EVERYTIME. LIKE CLOCKWORK. No questions asked.

Lastly, if the manifolds where made like the charge pipes for example in a Mandrel Bender and a only 1-2 welds required; then the manifolds would be a lot cheaper. The manifolds require so much time and effort to make and if we charge any less; you will get a lesser quality product that you MIGHT have to correct yourself or whatever it may be.

The downpipe being sold as one unit was done for a couple of reasons. All of the EX guys wined about having to pay extra for their downpipe. All of the DX/LX guys who wanted to convert to an EX exhaust or wanted a full true downpipe complained they had to pay $250 more. The overall cost of our V2 downpipe for an EX owner was over $500. The V3 is now better production AND better performing for $416. That is all I can say.

Edit: With respect to the turbo, please show me the turbo we use "identical" for $600 and I will start buying from them. I will tell you this, companies like Turbonetics raised their price 2 times to us (overall 10% increase). Garrett in the last year had 2 price hikes. Some companies held the line, others did not. Innovative is due to have a price hike next year. Almost every company who involves making things out of metal has had price hikes over the last 2-3 years? Why? Cost of the metal itself. The weld L's we use for the manifolds used to be like $3-4 each, NOW they are $7-10 each. The T's have shot through the ROOF! So beleive me, some of what your seeing market penetration with respect to super low pricing.

Last edited by dezod; 09-14-2006 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-14-2006
Abortion Survivor

Ok Paul I understand. Www.turboelements.com will make a bad *** manifold for cheaper than yours with just as good quality, why is that? You know that new member Ryan? How come he can offer his manifolds for way cheaper with just as good quality?

For the downpipe portion. What about the guys like me, andy and anyone else shooting for over 300whp? We buy your downpipe and get screwed because we get the 2.5 inch secondary pipe which is absolutely worhtless to us because we need 3 inch. Now if you offered a 3 inch secondary Holy **** i would be all over that....Seriously. Paul your limiting and your not believing in the d17, it will only be a matter of time before we start showing 350 whp dynos or even 400+. And yes you say maybe the market is not worth it yet, but your named will be more respected if D17's with 300+ have your products.

Don't get the wrong idea you mentioned I said you were greddy pigs, I never said that and I didn't imply that, I just mentioned that maybe you could lower your prices and offer more range of products for d17 as much as 160whp to 400whp. Paul I respect your business and what you have done with your business. I also respect your dedication to the d17 but help us out, I know you can.
Old 09-14-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Ok Paul I understand. Www.turboelements.com will make a bad *** manifold for cheaper than yours with just as good quality, why is that? You know that new member Ryan? How come he can offer his manifolds for way cheaper with just as good quality?

For the downpipe portion. What about the guys like me, andy and anyone else shooting for over 300whp? We buy your downpipe and get screwed because we get the 2.5 inch secondary pipe which is absolutely worhtless to us because we need 3 inch. Now if you offered a 3 inch secondary Holy **** i would be all over that....Seriously. Paul your limiting and your not believing in the d17, it will only be a matter of time before we start showing 350 whp dynos or even 400+. And yes you say maybe the market is not worth it yet, but your named will be more respected if D17's with 300+ have your products.

Don't get the wrong idea you mentioned I said you were greddy pigs, I never said that and I didn't imply that, I just mentioned that maybe you could lower your prices and offer more range of products for d17 as much as 160whp to 400whp. Paul I respect your business and what you have done with your business. I also respect your dedication to the d17 but help us out, I know you can.
Mike, I have no idea who you are referring to. If you want to go that route, please do. We do not need your business, we want it and value it. You know I am always a PM, IM or call away. That is part of what you are buying when you buy from us. A service for life.

He may have less overhead or less quality fabrication tools. I do not know his scenario. He might be a kid in his garage who likes to make manifolds for fun and be satisified with $50 per manifold. When you have a business the size of ours and volumes we do, it's tough to give stuff away cheap or at dime sized margins.

FYI-we even attempted out sourcing the manifolds, but some places showed us a high price tag taking all this into account. One company who specializes in Honda manifolds tried to sell us our manifold made by them at our cost $570. LOL Imagine what we would have to sell it at to you guys. It would be close to, if not more than $700 for a log!!!!

With respect to the DP, unless you want to loose A/C and ABS, your not going to fit a 3" easily. I had this discussion with Andy already. To make a larger diameter possible, it would have to be from the cat-back. That is why we are considering a 2.75" cat-back.

Just as an FYI, you can make over 300whp on a 2.5" DP. We do it all day on the Scion tCs with a 2.4L motor. The biggest restriction I have seen from the D17 making that power is the intake manifold, fuel rail, head AND the choice of A/R on the turbo selected. Not the downpipe diameter.

Last edited by dezod; 09-14-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-14-2006
Abortion Survivor

Well www.turboelements.com is not some kid making manifolds and neither is Ryan. They are both older men who know what they are doing. Well I am not gonna sit here and argue with you all day because there is no winning, so w/e. but one more thing, Have you attempted a bigger downpipe or do you just assume it doesn't fit? Have you come up with ideas on how it can fit? Thats your job, but anyways Paul back to what this thread is about....Props on your company and how you have managed it to grow.

People I also want to let you know, I respect what Paul does, he is a good guy and makes a lot of parts for the d17, without Paul(dezod company) where would the aftermarket lie for the d17? This thread is not trying to bash at Paul or Dezod but I am just trying to get our best bang for the buck, if Paul says thats out best bang then i guess it is. The parts they sell are very good quality, I haven't doubted that.
Old 09-14-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Well www.turboelements.com is not some kid making manifolds and neither is Ryan. They are both older men who know what they are doing. Well I am not gonna sit here and argue with you all day because there is no winning, so w/e. but one more thing, Have you attempted a bigger downpipe or do you just assume it doesn't fit? Have you come up with ideas on how it can fit? Thats your job, but anyways Paul back to what this thread is about....Props on your company and how you have managed it to grow.

People I also want to let you know, I respect what Paul does, he is a good guy and makes a lot of parts for the d17, without Paul(dezod company) where would the aftermarket lie for the d17? This thread is not trying to bash at Paul or Dezod but I am just trying to get our best bang for the buck, if Paul says thats out best bang then i guess it is. The parts they sell are very good quality, I haven't doubted that.
I am not arguing man. I hope your not. Your asking questions, and I am answering.

Like I said before, your not gonna make 300+whp on that plastic IM and stock FR. There are more important things to tackle before you need to worry about a 3" DP. We have made up to 400+whp on a 2.5" DP. So do not be fooled by the hype.
Old 09-14-2006
Abortion Survivor

I have a return fuel system and a kms intake manifold, not the best manifold but better than stock.

What about a 3 inch secondary dp?Check your pm i gotta ask you something.
Old 09-14-2006
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
I only shop at Dezod for my parts. I think they are under priced for what you get.
Old 09-14-2006
Abortion Survivor

^^^^ HAHAHA OMG well hook it up with some money so i can buy there parts, or let me know where you work so i can get a good job as yourself
Old 09-18-2006
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
I think what the others are saying is pretty true. I could have gone to miami and got a mani and DP for $600 or $700. I can get a garrett turbo for $555 with free shipping, but I simply just don't trust many people. Especially with online purchases. I think that your prices are pretty high on some of your products. It may be because you are basically the only company making parts for the D17. I don't know though. I will contiue to but from dezod because I trust him with my purchase, even though the prices are kinda high LOL
Old 09-18-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by trurace
I think what the others are saying is pretty true. I could have gone to miami and got a mani and DP for $600 or $700.
WE appreciate your business, straight up! It may not have been made by a team of 7thgen pros that know this car inside and out, such as ourselves. We engineer to perform for the D17. I am not quite sure what and why everyone deems is so high in price (prodyct wise).

To be honest, Boiler on here just called me the other day for our charge pipes and intercooler, and the price we quoted him was $200 if not more, cheaper than his local shop.

Ya know, you guys can always call us to ask about any possibility of special pricing on our turbo parts.

Last edited by dezod; 09-18-2006 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-18-2006
Abortion Survivor

Hahaha Paul you now i am always nagging for special prices, I am gonna pick up your downpipe but i need to talk to you about it before, I need the secondary pipe 3 inch is that possible and if not why is that?
Old 09-19-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Hahaha Paul you now i am always nagging for special prices, I am gonna pick up your downpipe but i need to talk to you about it before, I need the secondary pipe 3 inch is that possible and if not why is that?
NO sir we will not produce that pipe for you. Sorry.

No guarantee on fitment, no testing done to see if it is justifable on our end....too many things against it.
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dezod
WE appreciate your business, straight up! It may not have been made by a team of 7thgen pros that know this car inside and out, such as ourselves. We engineer to perform for the D17. I am not quite sure what and why everyone deems is so high in price (prodyct wise).

To be honest, Boiler on here just called me the other day for our charge pipes and intercooler, and the price we quoted him was $200 if not more, cheaper than his local shop.

Ya know, you guys can always call us to ask about any possibility of special pricing on our turbo parts.
The prices don't really bother me. You have THE BEST parts right now, and its worth the money

P.S. I might by some new rims this week so my turbo fund wil go LOL. I need to stop spending my money . I need to finish my kit by December for HIN, so I will definitely place my order October or November. Sry for taking FOREVER!!!!

I'll be getting at you about those "special offers"

Quick Reply: || Dezod Motorsports ||