Transaction Feedback Both parties of a transaction please post your positive/negative feedback here. This section is meant to give both parties the ability to explain the situation and rebut. New buyer should check on feedback regarding all new sales.

Bad deal on brakes.

Old 11-24-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
Bad deal on brakes.

It all started so easily enough.

A member posted saying they had some brakes for sale. We agreed upon a price and I was told that the parts were already on his car. And everything was complete and working fine.

We agree on the price. I am told I will get the tracking number in a few days because the parts are at a friend's shop. Three days later, I am informed that he now wants $412.00 plus shipping instead of the agreed upon amount of $400.00. Claims that since he agreed to take my credit card in payment (which I had to fax him), the price is now up. I should have walked away right there. Instead I agree and he finally sends them.

I get them. First thing I notice is that the right rear parking brake cable is not there. Additionally, the bracket that it mounts to on the caliper is also missing. Cost to replace these items is $37.00 dollars. He offers to pay $15.00 dollars to offset the missing cable. He never sends the money however.

When putting them on, I notice the left rear wheel is loose on the hub. We put it on and re-torque the lug. We test drive the vehicle. A seriously loud humming, grinding noise is coming from the left rear wheel. I drive the car to the house and leave it. I know the alignment is off anyway, so I will take it to an alignment shop next day off. In the mean time, I park the Civic and don't drive it.

Next day off, I take it to the shop. He tries to align the vehicle. He says that the left rear wheel is off. Also am told that the wheel bearing is shot. So now the knuckle, hub, and axle nut need to be replaced. $307.00 dollars in parts. I email the seller with the information. He replies this,"I bought the brakes of another member on 7thgencivic.com

The brakes were on my car. If you would have had the professionally
installed and had them inspected I could take them back and give you a
refund. But you have been driving on them for almost a month now. I did
drive on the brakes for a while and had no problems. Also if you would
like I could look up the original seller of the brakes. I bought them
off of 7thgencivic.com. Maybe the original owner can help you."

Basically, he is saying at this point that it is all SpdRcrChk's fault. He only had them for a month, so if they were broken, it is her fault. But he drove on them for a month supposedly. I email him back that I have only had the brakes for two weeks. UPS supports this. I ask him if he wants me to return them and have Visa do a chargeback.

He sends me the 15 dollars via pay pal and suggests I get a second opinion.

Later, he cancels the pay pal.

I am sending them back.
Old 11-24-2004
Registered!!

dacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
At least you get your money back. It is good to hear.
Old 11-24-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
doesnt sound like he got any money back. He payed 412, than the dude sent him 15 paypal and canceled that anyways. Sorry to hear about that. Am I right on that, post who it was if they dont refund all your money.
Old 11-24-2004
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
Well, it came down to this, return everything, waste the installation, waste the alignment, shipping, all the parts I already paid for.

Or pay for a new knuckle, hub, and the brake cables.

Even if I send them back, I still lose the shipping as well. I hate when people have no integrity.