Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

interior neon color/placement question

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loozur Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question interior neon color/placement question

I want to put one or two 10" neon tubes in my car, and my theme so far is black and red (common, I know, but it works for me) and I was wondering what color I should go for as far as tube color because I think the red neon will look too much like orange, so should I go for white? I dunno. And, as for the placement, I was lookin' around the inside of my car ('01 LX Coupe), and I couldn't find any practical places to put the tubes where they would not be visible but still put off a decent glow coverage, though I didn't look too hard mind you. I figured I should just come here first. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-10-2003
Registered!!

iluvbritney is an unknown quantity at this point
no, i got a black civic, and i got a red scheme, dont get those generic neons, those will look orange...get liteglow ore streetglow those are deep red....i got two of them right under two seats, right under the bar that adjust ur chair....so neons is right under it shinnin towards the carpet.....
Old 05-10-2003
Registered!!

basically u want to put them sumwhere that reflects the red but u dont want to see the neons...thats gay
Old 05-12-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
I have mine mounted under the driver's dash and under the passengers foot area.
Old 05-12-2003
Registered!!

HShadow is an unknown quantity at this point
I would take up gotti's placements. I have two under my front dash, two under the passengers seats, and two on the sides of the seats. All produce a great amount of light. My friend has the same setup along with 18" lights on the roof all 4 sides. His looks sweet.
Old 05-12-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
I must say, the girls love it. I get compliments on it all the time. So to all the haters on neons, f off
Old 09-12-2003
Registered!!

jackscivic will become famous soon enough
nothin turns heads more than neons and car lighting. i cant go anywhere with out ppl looking over with interest towards my car! ive got 2 15"ers under the front seats, one 20 inch right under the back seat, two 9 inchers mounted on either side of where the seats fold down in the back, one lava on the center of the back seat, hotwirez alonght the center console from the cup holders around to the end and back, hotwirez around the center dash outlineing the radio and ac controls and also along the dash gauge area. there is a led tracer mountd out of the ceiling in the back, in adition there are headlight strobe lights mounted in the ceiling on a strobe controler, two 6 inchers in the sides of my kicker amp, two huge leds that work as spotlights that highlight the cones of my subs in my trunk, a color fader in the underneith of the plexi-glass trunk floor ( the amp will go here soon, its my current project), tail light strobes for the police effect, apc 3-in-1 led strobe snake eyes, and apc seven color angel eye projector fog lights, and finally a strobe in my lower grill. and all this is with a music interface on custom wiring, switches, and fuse panels. i ahve much more to go, this is only the start!
Old 09-13-2003
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
LOL

damn man... Show us some pics...
Old 09-13-2003
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
heres a example of what you could do, this is what mine looks like. 2 20" under the seats, 2 9" under the dash and 4 3" in all 4 vents (this pic is old, it was taken when i had only 2 vents done). remember when you install them...."if done right, neons are one of the best things you can do, if done wrong, its rice!". just place them where you cant see tubes or wire and thats it. and yes neons are a chick magnet!

edit- holy crap! i got to learn to check dates of the thread BEFORE i reply to it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	neons on passengers side.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	9183  

Last edited by EnProceso; 09-13-2003 at 02:16 AM.
Old 09-13-2003
Registered!!

chick magnet, i sec that
Old 09-13-2003
Registered!!

jackscivic will become famous soon enough
haha yeah ill try to find a camera ad get some pics here. and yeah the chics love it so much!!! bless the neons! what kind of setup does everyone else have? id like to get any more possible ideas bc i want to enter in a street glow glow-off!
Old 09-16-2003
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

littlePman will become famous soon enoughlittlePman will become famous soon enough