Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

my custom turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PsshH is an unknown quantity at this point
my custom turbo kit

i just got my car back from getting a custom turbo kit......ITS DOPE!!!!!!!!.....its the cleanest....dopest kit i have ever seen.........hks blow off valve.....custom ceramic turbo headers....side mount intercooler chrome polished.......polished black intercooler piping..........t3 garrett turbo.......pics will be posted next weekend.....the best part of this kit is that i only spent 1600 dollars.....oh yeah i got air fuel ratio gauges and boost gauge....the autometer light weights......runing 5 pounds of boost......raced at the races.......four car race.....beat a gst, accord but lost to a celica......spraying juice........but i didn't even give it full throttle.....thats the good part of that story!!...hahahahahaha....well i will update pics later.....peacfe
Old 01-20-2003
Registered!!

Rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Great dude!!!
I'm not into turbo but hey...it sound like this kit is not that expensive....!

Eric
Old 01-20-2003
Registered!!

Barney should not be trustedBarney should not be trustedBarney should not be trusted
hhHHAHAHhaHAHhAHhhaHhaHahHhah[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Enough said!
Old 01-20-2003
Registered!!

RoadRunner is an unknown quantity at this point
well ok you said you only paid 1,600 for it. But what did you do for the problem with our fuel system setup. You have to have a return fuel line. Did you do a standalone fuel management system like Haltech F5 or Greddy? And how much did that custom turbo manifold cost you. I'm just curious because i'm lookin into a setup and they told me about 3g's for everything. So please explain this to me?
Old 01-20-2003
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Thats awesome. And yeah, for that money... we want details. Please type them so we can understand though.
Old 01-20-2003
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
he is running only 5lbs of boost, though. i do doubt that he beat a gs-t eclipse, but for what he's done, it sounds reasonable and possible
Old 01-20-2003
Registered!!

white97ex is an unknown quantity at this point
whoa you got headers...shibby.

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-20-2003
Registered!!

the gst driver didn't know how to drive....i didn't do anything to my fuel system yet...i know its dangerous but i am working on it......i need a vortech fmu........2 degrees colder spark plugs......bigger fuel pump.....new fuel rail.....bigger injectors.......i mean the kit is great....my car feels good....i feel the turbo.....usually when you get a turbo kit in and its not working right your check engine light comes on...the guy that put it in worked around it....so my cars computer thinks my car is still stock....the manifold came with the custom kit....i payed for a side mount intercooler chrome polished.....all the piping needed for the intercooler and everything.....filters....t3 garrett turbo......internal wastegate.....my wastegate is a preset wastegate......5 pounds.....air fuel ratio gauge....and a boost gauge...gauge pods......everything looks dope....my manifold is the best though.....it looks ceramic....its not all black or looks all burnt up or anything....its not the log style it looks like a dc sport ceramic header....i got the blow off valve myself......hks super ssq......the weldings are perfect.......the piping was painted......nice clear coated too......whatelse......no turbo lag......had to take my air condition out though......whatever....speed comes first.....bahahahaha.....well i dotn know whatelse to say.....if i would have gave him more time then he would have chrome polished the headers and everthing.......but i needed my car....so....well holla back..
Old 01-20-2003
LC
Registered!!

LC is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations man Maybe someday Ill have a turbo on my car[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-20-2003
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Waiting for pics...
Old 01-20-2003
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Grey
Waiting for pics...[hr]
Yup ,but sounds like you got a nice setup
Old 01-20-2003
Registered!!

Nuts is an unknown quantity at this point
well hell, 1600 in parts and install. i'll buy the parts and the shop can ship them to me so me n my friends can do the install. whats the store # and the name of who i should talk to?
Old 01-20-2003
Registered!!

i'm at school so i am not around my car right now i only had a day to drive it....but next week i will have pics of the turbo kit....so get ready!!....hahaha....thanks for the support and comments you guys....
Old 01-21-2003
Supreme Member!

wcsjunior is an unknown quantity at this point
all i can say is TOLD YA!!! a lot of u newbs said there is no way u can find a cheaper turbo than $2500 or something!! i told everyone it was bullshit and it is!!! go to the parts trader, buy a turbo kit for like $1200 and pay a little extra to install and get the fuel management set up correctly!
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

wcsjunior is right....if you do your research and look at the right places you can find a turbo kit cheaper than 2500.....i was gonna buy one on the net for like 3000 to 3500 dollars....i was saving for that...but then i got lucky and my friend told me about a guy that does it for 1600 dollars to 2000.....so i was like give me the number please!!!!!.......
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

PlatCruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]i didn't do anything to my fuel system yet...i know its dangerous but i am working on it......i need a vortech fmu........2 degrees colder spark plugs......bigger fuel pump.....new fuel rail.....bigger injectors.......i mean the kit is great....my car feels good....i feel the turbo.....usually when you get a turbo kit in and its not working right your check engine light comes on...the guy that put it in worked around it....so my cars computer thinks my car is still stock....the manifold came with the custom kit....i payed for a side mount intercooler chrome polished.....all the piping needed for the intercooler and everything.....filters....t3 garrett turbo......internal wastegate.....my wastegate is a preset wastegate......5 pounds.....air fuel ratio gauge....and a boost gauge...gauge pods......everything looks dope....my manifold is the best though.....it looks ceramic....its not all black or looks all burnt up or anything....its not the log style it looks like a dc sport ceramic header....i got the blow off valve myself......hks super ssq......the weldings are perfect.......the piping was painted......nice clear coated too......whatelse......no turbo lag......had to take my air condition out though......whatever....speed comes first.....bahahahaha.....well i dotn know whatelse to say.....if i would have gave him more time then he would have chrome polished the headers and everthing.......but i needed my car....so....well holla back.. [hr]
stop boosting now!!!!! seriously unless you have a plan for rebuilding your motor. Your gonna blow it if you keep boosting becuase your creating an ultra lean condition. There is no way your stock fuel system is able to keep up with the extra Oxygen.
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

i am planning on upgrading the fuel this week........
Old 01-22-2003
Registered!!

Briareos is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate..... to sound like..... a grammer ****..... but....you.....shouldn't....use.....so....many.... periods.... as.... seperating....marks. I am starting to doubt that you even know how to drive (comedy 12 year old option), much less own a turbo. Prove............................................. ..................... me................................................ ................. wrong.
Old 01-22-2003
Registered!!

Barney should not be trustedBarney should not be trustedBarney should not be trusted
I........am........with........Briareos.......on.. ......this.........one..........!
Old 01-22-2003
Registered!!

so you think i can't drive????? how will i prove this? what meet up with me and test me?? seriously how do you judge me when you dont even know me?? seriously i am probably a better driver than you! where the f**k did this comment come from??? seriously....why are you guys hating? damn i'm giving a comment on my kit and people are at my throat about this ****......are you guys jealious??...i mean i will give you guys a chance to get one...so this is what i get to help my fellow 2k1 civic owners....thanks... and Briareos.......keep your comments to yourself.........who gives a f**k how i type on line???.....instead of worrying how i type why dont you worry about your riced out civic........so think twice before your judge other people.....first look at yourself and your car before you judge someone.....
Old 01-22-2003
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
And with that it's time to lock this thread.
Please note that pictures are worth a thousand words, so no matter what you say you have no credibility on the net without them.