Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Wrapped Header & New Engine Bay Shot...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FamilyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Wrapped Header & New Engine Bay Shot...

Here it is for those of you who wondered what it was and what it looks like...

Old 07-13-2002
Phi Gamma Delta - Univ. of Toledo

2k1CivEX will become famous soon enough
My girlfriend is convinced it looks too much like a mummy.

But hey, I think it kinda does too...

Lata Eric, J/p Praw give ya a whole .001 of a ponie[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-13-2002
FLY
Registered!!

FLY is an unknown quantity at this point
.001 is nothing to laugh at when you have the same car as him, its still faster than yours [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

Spazbitte is an unknown quantity at this point
Off topic question where those plasma bump ups really worth the 500 you spent?
Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Spazbitte
Off topic question where those plasma bump ups really worth the 500 you spent?[hr]
Uh...No? But then again, has any mod been worth the money?
Old 07-14-2002
Tomotor

xHoteKx has a spectacular aura aboutxHoteKx has a spectacular aura about
familyman, how are those aftermarket spark plug things? forgot the name of em... im thinkin bout saving up for them
Old 07-14-2002
Registered!!

AceKicker is an unknown quantity at this point
has the wrap helped keep ur engine bay cooler at all did you notice anything. are you going to wrap ur intake too? and why dont u get a cai instead of an sri? and did u notice anything good about htem plasma plugs or no need t buy them.
Old 07-14-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: AceKicker
has the wrap helped keep ur engine bay cooler at all did you notice anything. are you going to wrap ur intake too? and why dont u get a cai instead of an sri? and did u notice anything good about htem plasma plugs or no need t buy them.[hr]
IMO the Plasma Directs are not worth the price I paid. There is some improvement, but I figure you will normally be in the $100 per HP range, and these are nowhere near that. They do have big wow appeal though. But, worth it - No.

I don't think I will wrap my intake, because I will be putting ice bags on it between drags and the wrap (I would use the Adhesive backed heat barrier) would work both ways unfortunately, and not allow it to cool as much or as quickly. I may end up getting a CAI, but I am kind of waiting to see what happens on the turbo front. As far as wrapping the header and has it helped? Yes I think so. Probably the most cost effective mod in terms of results vs money that I have done. It is wrapped back to the cat and it does help suck a better charge and definitely keeps the bay cooler too. I want a vented CF hood really bad, and plan to have one around Oct. That should help air flow a little better.
Old 07-14-2002
Registered!!

CivicPro01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn the intake looks great on our cars. makes me wanna get the intake but there is barely any performance gain. Well, mind as well save the money for a cheaper mod like a sway bar.
Old 07-14-2002
Registered!!

BLUENVY01 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey steve, with all that money you've dumped into your car to squeez out every possible bit of power, why didnt you start with the EX COUPE platform. your power/weight ratio would be a lil more beneficial to you. i understand that you've got a family and all, but you can still stick a carseat and the rugrats in the backseat of a coupe without the need of rear doors... just my opinion.... BTW....why arent you coming to SF next week for the BIG WEST meet? its unfortunate that you wont be attending, we were all anxious to see your engine set up.
Old 07-14-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: BLUENVY01hey steve, with all that money you've dumped into your car to squeez out every possible bit of power, why didnt you start with the EX COUPE platform. your power/weight ratio would be a lil more beneficial to you. i understand that you've got a family and all, but you can still stick a carseat and the rugrats in the backseat of a coupe without the need of rear doors... just my opinion.... BTW....why arent you coming to SF next week for the BIG WEST meet? its unfortunate that you wont be attending, we were all anxious to see your engine set up.[hr]
My kids are 12, 10 & 8 and there is more room in the back seat of a Sedan. SF I can't do. I thought my wife was going to be there next weekend, but she is there now and leaves Wed. So, no excuse to go. Why don't you guys all come here! For next weekend, my wife and I and some folks we race with here in the points series are going to Las Vegas and run in their point series #5 & #6. Sorry I can't make it up there, I was stoked too. But no. If I had to do it all over again, I would get a coupe though. Make the kids suffer a little bit. But then the LCDs wouldn't work in the headrests. I do run with all my A/V and full interior, but for Labor Day I plan to strip it all out and go for broke.