Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Ray's 2008 Civic DX-A

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RaymondCasgrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Ray's 2008 Civic DX-A

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site and new to owning a Honda Civic. Here, I'll show you the progression of this car which will go from being a random car on a lot to being my personal stallion. This machine is going to go through some changes over the next few years, it will be interesting to keep a timeline and I kind of record to see how it works out.

We'll start off with this plain looking photo, one of the only ones I have at the moment. I didn't take any pictures during the test drive. Here you are.

Name:  O29RiDM.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  27.5 KB

Not a bad start. A black coupe with 110k miles, but where will it go from here? I'll give you a hint, the next time you see a pic of this car, the windows are going to be tinted. Well, there are a few more pics I could throw up but I think I'll just start with the main front and back shots I have.

Name:  fZCWODu.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  35.7 KB

So, there you have it, that's how it starts. Thanks for reading my post
Old 03-19-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ray's 2008 Civic DX-A

Welcome
Old 03-19-2015
Registered!!

Hondi is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome, hope you had better pics
Old 03-19-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Welcome
Thank you, Sir

Originally Posted by Hondi
Welcome, hope you had better pics
Aha, sorry man, I actually didn't even take those pics, they are off the website. I'm sure they would be better but I got them off my phone and the ad isn't up anymore so I can't go grab them on the puter now. If I had taken pics I think they would probably be a little bit nice than those. As soon as I have the car though, I'll get some better pics.
Old 03-27-2015
Registered!!

Finally have it. Last night actually. Here's the first pic

Name:  pRTGjNO.jpg
Size:  50.5 KB

That is this morning

and another

Name:  KBR7ySh.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  49.9 KB

Windows are tinted 50 30 20. I'm really happy with it, so far it's been a lot of fun
Old 03-27-2015
Registered!!

Going to have to get some rims asap, those things have got to go lol
Old 03-27-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RaymondCasgrain
Going to have to get some rims asap, those things have got to go lol
Welcome and congrats, looks good!

Why does it seem like Canada gets those wheels on so many different cars?
(I swear I saw some that style on a Canadian Fit -- of all things.)

I've only seen those on 8th gen Hybrids and 9th gen HF here in the US.

I actually have a set of those to replace my steel OE wheels and hubcaps, with OE LRR tires already mounted. I figure they are lighter and more aerodynamic than the steelies, and a whole lot more so than the 18's I have on it now.
I thought maybe I'd run them in winter, but we didn't get much winter in my corner of the planet this year or last.
Old 03-28-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Welcome and congrats, looks good!

Why does it seem like Canada gets those wheels on so many different cars?
(I swear I saw some that style on a Canadian Fit -- of all things.)

I've only seen those on 8th gen Hybrids and 9th gen HF here in the US.

I actually have a set of those to replace my steel OE wheels and hubcaps, with OE LRR tires already mounted. I figure they are lighter and more aerodynamic than the steelies, and a whole lot more so than the 18's I have on it now.
I thought maybe I'd run them in winter, but we didn't get much winter in my corner of the planet this year or last.
Interesting, thanks for reading my post. I'm probably going to keep them for my winter tires. They're 15's so it's kind of good cause when I go to buy winter tires it'll be cheaper. I also still have my old summer tires (in quite good condition), however they're 16's so I'll have to get new rims before I can use them. Then, try to get rid of the old rims (4 bolt pattern) and hopefully get a bit of cash for them.

Thanks again for taking the time to check out my post
Old 04-05-2015
Registered!!

I've got a new pic, sorry about the dirt I haven't gotten around to cleaning it. Something to do with the fact that it's still winter here.

In case you didn't notice, I've taken that plastic thing off my hood, have to say I didn't like it. Also, in the first pics you notice the dealer's stickers on the front bumber and beside the license plate. I took those off using some kind of overpriced adhesive removal product. Did it even help? I'm not really sure, but the stickers are off and so is that ugly plastic thing. As soon as I get it washed for the first time, I'll get a few pics of it all shined up. I still like this pic anyway, it was nice out and the first time I've taken it out onto the highway for more than 10-15 minutes

Check it out

Name:  6vRTZEi.jpg
Size:  125.7 KB
Old 06-05-2015
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol "ugly plastic thing", I agree through the bug deflectors are ugly.

what are your next plans? the tint looks good BTW, and i have to agree with the other guys, I hate those dinner plate rims. WHY they put those on so many cars up north here is beyond me. I would rather hub caps. car is looking good though!
Old 11-10-2021
Registered!!

Well I just got a kick out of reading this LOL.. What a neat little time capsule XD
Old 11-10-2021
Click Here

Received 1,153 Likes on 900 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RaymondCasgrain
Well I just got a kick out of reading this LOL.. What a neat little time capsule XD
How’s the car been holding up?
Old 11-10-2021
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Chezboat24
How’s the car been holding up?
It's a mess LOL.. I was gonna say... It is banged up and beat up from years of abuse hehe. A lot has happened over the years.. I actually came back on here to find advice about some repairs I've been wanting to do. When I went to make an account the site had said there was already an account associated with my email etc.. And I had forgotten about it! Lol..

Pretty funny.. Anyway, if I ever do get all the dents and scratches fixed on it, along with some new wheels, I may post a few pictures

What I've learned though, is to keep a vehicle pristine, you really have to baby it.. It's not easy to keep a car completely free of any damage. You have to be real careful and a little lucky, honestly.

Good car though, has really lasted and helped me a lot. Hopefully I own it for 5 more years