Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Dirty First Car (and not the good kind of dirty either!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chris_verde_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Dirty First Car (and not the good kind of dirty either!)

Oh boy, where should I begin lol
---------------------------------------------------------
I picked this little thing up on mother's day (a little bit of awkward timing in the house haha) for $800, first owner, was the guys daily for the past 15ish years, and needed it gone since he got a Fit. 178k on the motor and body, OEM Clutch (slips a bit in reverse but it's rare, kinda surprised how much life's left in it), needs a new timing belt (never been replaced, I get nervous driving it sometimes). The number one thing I love about it, is that it's a 5 speed. I HAD to make sure my first whip was stick, I can't stand driving an automatic I have big plans for this, but for now it looks like crap!

I totally forgot to take a picture when I brought it home, but here it is, the e-brake was out of adjustment so I had to go in and fix that myself, and I thought I might as well check the brake pads up front while I was at it. Clear coat chipping off the fenders and hood, so I took a paint scraper and worked all that off, eventually I'm repainting her FULLY so I'm not worried about it fading.

When I went to go gawk at my engine bay, I was disgusted at how dirty it was, it's a '95 so I shouldn't have been AS shocked as I was, but I don't want it being filthy under there, my D16 deserves better than this!

So a few days after getting her I went out and picked up a can of engine degreaser, went all out, and let it sit for like 20 minutes while I went and got lunch. I came back, hosed her down, and started scrubbing at the rest with a wire brush I picked up at AutoZone.

MUCH BETTER!

There's no real significance to this picture, but I thought I'd show off my friend Alex's RSX, I've done every last bit of work on it; the rims, the calipers, the badges, the decal, and a performance mod or two (post-photo op).

So later on I decided to spruce up the engine bay with some fresh paint. Ignore the blue, I seriously have no idea how ANY of that got there. Probably my little brothers messing around again

At this point I went ahead and painted the hood black. I kinda like the fact that all the paint looks terrible right now because it goes with the rest of my schism that I have going on with the rest of the car, I think it's kinda intimidating. Also I painted the steelies white and the lugs purple. Thought it looked pretty dope.

Here's the back, nothing special here except my purple badge, it makes the car stand out from the crowd because you don't see too many purple Honda badges floating around. Also there's something missing here...

WHERE'D MY MUFFLER GO?!?!?! Lol, I took it off for now (let the hate roll in!) until I get some cash to either straight-pipe or buy my friend's aftermarket exhaust, but for now I like the sound of it

And what's any car without a set of fuzzy dice?

Now here's where the fun happens over the past two days I've been doing a major weight reduction, well not MAJOR major, but it's a decent amount. I'm not gonna spend forever explaining what I took out, but I've shaved ~125 lbs off of her. Check the next two pictures:

So this is what I got for now! It's a pretty disgusting looking car, it needs some good work done to it, but it's my first car, I'm only 16, and I have all the time in the world so I'm not worried at the moment, it'll happen over time. I'll keep this thread updated every now and again letting you guys know what's going on with it and where I am with it and all that. So.....yeah!!
Old 06-17-2013
Registered!!

Re: Dirty First Car (and not the good kind of dirty either!)

OKAY, so minor update here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97606479@N07/9065380911/ by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

As you can see here there's an assload of paint covering a good portion of my headlights, and we can't have that. So about an hour later, a sheet and a half of 400 grit, a half a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and some Pine Sol (I'm poor, I gotta polish 'em somehow )I got one headlight done, as you can see below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97606479@N07/9065381493/ by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

You can definitely tell it looks a whole lot better with that paint sanded off, it's a lot cleaner now, even though there's only one headlight in the car

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97606479@N07/9065381181/ by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr
Old 06-17-2013
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

for exhaust just by some exhaust piping from a local shop and make it yourself =D.
Old 06-18-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25
for exhaust just by some exhaust piping from a local shop and make it yourself =D.
My friend might buy my OEM muffler for spare parts for his Accord (hopefully) so I'll just buy my friend's aftermarket one
Old 08-04-2013
Registered!!

redrocket209 is an unknown quantity at this point

sweeet, i like your ride..
Old 08-06-2013
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

So you painted some things, and removed all of your interior, for no real reason, along with your muffler...

Edit:

You are 16. Makes sense that you have no idea what you are doing. You will look back at this and laugh in a few years.
Old 08-06-2013
Foh Doh!

CivicStan is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck bro....should be a fun project...or a misreable one..hahaha....goodlooks
Old 08-07-2013
Registered!!

@tipnitty yeah I put most of everything back after I realized how stupid it was, the only thing I didn't put back was the muffler because I bought a different one. Mistakes were made, and I have since learned from them

--

Also with an update on what's going on, right now I'm saving up for lowering springs to hold me off until I can afford coilovers (that way I can do other stuff as well) and I'm looking to invest in a set of diamond steelies. Once I get a lot of little things out of the way I'm probably gonna swap the D out for a B, since I know a guy I can get one from for the cheap, then I'll be done for a while