Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Pearlvic's EM2 is back from the shop :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PearlVic is an unknown quantity at this point
Pearlvic's EM2 is back from the shop :)

Well, my car got hit AGAIN right before it went to the shop to have the front end fixed, so the hood, both front fenders, new front bumper, front lipe, and the entire passenger side all the way to the passenger side of the rear bumper has been repainted, and that FRESH fiji blue pearl.. is to die for..
so here are some pics and yes i did some DUMB BS with my exhaust but if you notice the 2 bolt custom flange i had made, i can unbolt the pipe and tip and put my fart can muffler back on whenever . SOOO loud or quiet whenever, and as for the ugly led black taillights.. theyll be tinted soon. Oh, and my old black crystal headlights were replaced with crystal smoked headlights and smoked fogs... which look more like mirrors to me lol, but i kept the yellow with Nokya bulbs. And as of about 30 mins ago, i just ordered me a new stainless downpipe, so ill have a fully stainless exhaust, (From ebay) hahahaha but it sounds good, compared to alot of civics, especially around here.. idk how some people drive around with their hondas souding like they do.. lol

That is as soon as i got it home and jacked it up, i pushed the dent out, fixed the fender, and had t put my stock lihgts back in, it SUCKED but i knew i would get what ive been wanting, a freshly painted front end, thanks insurance co

Fresh out the car wash, you can see the painted to match grille and lip, and i went with paiting that little lower grille between the foglights to match too, loving that blue pearl...
and as for the exhaust... LOL

lol idk how i feel about that, but its a 4 inch rolled tip, with 3 inch pipe connected to my 3 inch catback with only a resonator.

As you can see, there is the 2 bolt flange so i can unbolt the piece and bolt up my canister to make it quiet again.
Old 07-03-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough
Re: Pearlvic's EM2 is back from the shop :)

Wow... those pictures are seriously broken... I've never seen a corrupted link like that before, haha!
Anyway, that sucks that your car got so beat up
I get furious every time I find a new door ding...
Old 07-04-2012
Registered!!

I see that now lol... they looked fine before i posted it but i havent checked until now.. lol and the car looks amazing ill get pics up ASAP
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1
maybe that link will work, its the only pic i have atm
Old 07-04-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PearlVic
I see that now lol... they looked fine before i posted it but i havent checked until now.. lol and the car looks amazing ill get pics up ASAP
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1
maybe that link will work, its the only pic i have atm
That is some mighty fine new paint!
Old 07-04-2012
Registered!!

That pic doesnt do justice lol, im on my way to work now but i get off at 5... lol so ill try yo get the other pics up later
Old 07-04-2012
Registered!!

Ima try a different site to upload them with.. lol so here we go
This is the damage picture

img upload
This is the after picture, fresh out the car wash

This is my stupid exhaust...

And in this pic, you can see where i can unbolt that and put on my canister muffler
Old 07-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

that must sound horrible it looks like your muffler tip is trying to hide its face from the shame.
Old 07-04-2012
Registered!!

nah, it actually sounds good, the 3" piping helps alot, but once i get my downpipe with no cat next week the muffler is going back on it, otherwise it prolly would sound crappy then and id most likely get a ticket.. thanks for the hate it sounds good, and the tip is turned out.. it was just something different, whole point of being able to take it off and put the other muffler back on, EVERYONE else is too scared to put oer 2.5" on a honda for some reason? with a d17 idt anyone should be worried about a performance aspect unless the internals are built.. 3 inch pipe makes it sound ALOT BETTER .
Old 07-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

there is a reason people don't put 3 inch exhaust on there stock D17 engines. pleas make a sound clip for us to hear

Last edited by lowlife9; 07-04-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-05-2012

Wow... that is a hella powerful car wash! Rinsed the dents right out!

I went with 2.5" exhaust and it's surprisingly deep sounding. Can't imagine what 3" sounds like...
Old 07-05-2012
The Boss ;D

94civicd16z6 is an unknown quantity at this point

car looks sweet man, love the fiji blue. i like the front smoke lights, fogs, grill, rims; but those rear euros really kill it imo. and sticking the exhaust out the side when it has the cut in the bumper doesn't mesh either. that's really 3 in. exhaust? looks like 2-2.5" tops with a 3" tip to me

and about the exhaust, i really don't think it's the best idea to run 3" on a d17 as lowlife said. ya, it might sound good.. for now.. you might wunna do a little research and make sure you're not taking a risk killing your dependable honda for the exhaust tone.

not trying to hate, nice car man.

Last edited by 94civicd16z6; 07-05-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-05-2012
Registered!!

Itll take a bit for the vids, i work alot so i gotta get time to swap the muffler and that pipe with the tip out to make a vid for each, and i used to have 2.5" pipe from the cat back, no resonator with a one chamber muffler, that sounded like doodoo in higher rpms, thats 3" pipe with a resonator and a 4 inch rolled stainless tip, and as for the taillights... they were only like $20 more than stock, and the LEDs are much brighter, i got em so when i have them smoked the LEDs will light up brighter than the stock bulbs will
Old 07-07-2012
Low `n` Slow

NAcaRice is an unknown quantity at this point

That front view is sexaayy if I do say so myself. Love the mesh grills without the badge.

Btw... are those halo lights?
Old 07-07-2012
Registered!!

Thank you sir, and nah i got em off ebay, theyre just regular all crystal lights clear reflector not amber, but they came smoked, the fogs are smoked too but they have more of a mirror look to them
Old 07-07-2012
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

Nice car...

But, more pics of said girl are needed.
Old 07-08-2012
The Boss ;D

94civicd16z6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PearlVic
Itll take a bit for the vids, i work alot so i gotta get time to swap the muffler and that pipe with the tip out to make a vid for each, and i used to have 2.5" pipe from the cat back, no resonator with a one chamber muffler, that sounded like doodoo in higher rpms, thats 3" pipe with a resonator and a 4 inch rolled stainless tip, and as for the taillights... they were only like $20 more than stock, and the LEDs are much brighter, i got em so when i have them smoked the LEDs will light up brighter than the stock bulbs will
nice; post em' here when you you get the videos taken. ahh i understand, it will look good with the rear smoked; and that front end looks great too. imo i think the front looks best with the white fogs, but everybody seems to say "yellow FTW" which took me a while to figured out what they meant lol.
Old 07-08-2012

Originally Posted by 94civicd16z6
nice; post em' here when you you get the videos taken. ahh i understand, it will look good with the rear smoked; and that front end looks great too. imo i think the front looks best with the white fogs, but everybody seems to say "yellow FTW" which took me a while to figured out what they meant lol.
I agree, I love the trans-clear fogs much better. I only like the yellow lenses on white cars.
Old 07-08-2012
Registered!!

Yeah loll but i still got 2500ka nokya bulbs in the fogs looks freat, tomorrow my o2 simulator will be here and wednesday my downpipe will be here then the canister mufflerr goes back on lol idk when ill get a chance to do exhaust vid, i got summoned or jur duty this week and im only 18 lol well 19 next month but still.. it sucks
Old 07-08-2012

Jury duty at 18? Wow... I've barely even heard of 30+ year-olds getting summoned around here...

And I'm completely oblivious to all things electronic... what exactly is an o2 simulator?
Old 07-10-2012
Registered!!

its just a 90 degree angle 2" by 2" piece of stainless made by megan racing... it just screws into your o2 bung then u screw our o2 sensor into it to keep the CEL from coming on, if it doesnt work then ill have to do something else lol
Old 07-12-2012
Registered!!

btruong968 is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the blue. love it actually, haha.

planning on getting it lowered?
Old 07-13-2012
Registered!!

Lol its lowered on eibach pro-kit for now, im not gonna spend anymore money on my car until it needs it lol, im in Maryland right now visiting family, when i get home monday im putting my new downpipe on, and eventually my taillights will be smoked and thats all im planning on doing.... for now