Customizing/ Full Carbon Fiber Spark Plug Cover In The Works - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2012   #1  
Registered!!

Honda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really nice
Customizing/ Full Carbon Fiber Spark Plug Cover In The Works

Me and my one of my friends are customizing the spark plug cover for my civic.. Shaved the word honda off of it and filling in all the gaps so it will look flush.. Then we are making a mold of it and will be making a full carbon fiber cover.. As in the original cover will not be wrapped.. This is gonna be all carbon.. Here are a few pics of what we have done so far.. More pics soon

What It Looks Like Stock

Name:  IMG_1177.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  134.3 KB

Shaved Honda and Gaps Somewhat Filled In

Name:  IMG_1174.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  268.6 KB
Name:  IMG_1175.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  229.5 KB
Honda05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #2  
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Customizing/ Full Carbon Fiber Spark Plug Cover In The Works

Looking forward to the end result.
maxtierney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012   #3  
Registered!!

preciado_13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here..its going to look good real carbon..
preciado_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012   #4  
Registered!!

Honda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really nice

If it comes out great ill be making more and selling them.. Cause i dont think ive seen anyone with the one me and my buddy are making
Old 03-31-2012   #5  
Girls twist wrenches too...

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

I've been thinking of this myself actually for engine dress-up. Only difference is I'd make it more so identical to the original. I'd keep the gaps, not fill them in. Can't wait to see the outcome
Roxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012   #6  
Registered!!

Yeah it looks cool as the original but i dont wanna be the same as everyone else.. I like keeping it different by stylish as well.. Hints how my car looks
Old 03-31-2012   #7  
Girls twist wrenches too...

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

Now I'm curious about something... how exactly are you going to achieve this? As in, what method are you going to do in order to lay the CF? Just curious.
Roxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012   #8  
Registered!!

First i gotta bondo everything to how i want it.. then make a mold of it.. then just flip the mold over and lay carbon fiber in it along with other materials i need and use a vacuum chamber so that i dont get any bubbles in it or anything.. take it out went sand smooth then clear it.. pretty simple