Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Speed9117's '01 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed9117 will become famous soon enough
Re: Speed9117's '01 Civic

Hmmm I wonder how hard it would be to convert it to automatic windows... If you could find inner door skins in the same color as the rest of the interior I wouldn't think it would be that hard. Expensive maybe though haha
Old 01-04-2012
Registered!!

labowsky is an unknown quantity at this point

whats so bad about manual windows? its not that bad. i got an 05 reverb and i have to say i can deal without the power windows
Old 01-04-2012
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

I just don't like leaning over to put down the passenger window, one less thing to distract you while driving. I always drive in the summer with both windows down also.

I still badly want an 05 tafetta white reverb , just wish it would come as an Si/Ex though :/
Old 01-04-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by labowsky
whats so bad about manual windows? its not that bad. i got an 05 reverb and i have to say i can deal without the power windows
Yeah there's nothing super horrible about it I just think it's kinda weird. In this day on a special version why not just use power windows lol. Still badass though.

Wooooooo! so on another note, after waiting around in sweats all day for the damn UPS truck, my Vibrant Streetpower muffler finally arrived! Hopefully I'll be getting it setup this weekend before classes start up again!
Old 06-30-2012
Registered!!

Speed9117's MEGA UPDATE!

ok, maybe it's not that mega but whatever

So when I created this thread it ended up being right before a busy winter and spring of adding some more mods and beginning my humble racing career. I haven't done anything groundbreaking, but I am much happier with where the car is at.

First thing I did was get rid of those damn chrome wheels. I like the MR7s but I've been wanted something not chrome since I bought the car. The new wheels are 17" Konig something-or-others and are rattle can black. When I get new tires I'll probably get them powder coated or something nicer.

Next order of business was the Vibrant muffler that was in the mail during the last posting. I waited it out and did it right the first time. I had a local guy make a custom bended piece to connect to the stock flange then had him weld it instead of trying to clamp it. Fitment is actually better than I expected.

Here it is before the install

and where I worked on it... My garage is pretty baller, what can I say

got a no name intake and added an AEM dryflow filter

This spring I also finally got into autocross at a local club. Something I've wanted to do for way too long. The first 4 events have been great and I have another 5 or 6 coming up over the rest of the summer. Everyone at the club is cool and it's great to finally drive my car in a high performance situation. My car is still a slow turd on the straights, but it handles pretty well.

After my first event running on street tires I decided to sink in and get some track wheels. I got a brand new set of 15x7 Rota Slipstreams and then found a local race shop that sells used race tires. He hooked me up with 8 lightly used Toyo RA1s and mounted and balanced a set for only $100

mmmmm shiny glory...

Here are some action shots from racing too

After running some ghetto fabulous tape numbers for the first few events I made some magnetic ones with magnetic sheeting from Jo Ann's and spray paint.

Anyway, like I said, nothing special, but I'm pretty content with the car right now. I also have an rsx rear sway bar, ES bushings, and progress adapter kit sitting in my room ready to be installed which should help the nasty understeer I suffer from.

Lemme know what you think!

Last edited by Speed9117; 07-01-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old 07-01-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

looks good.