My ride! - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2011   #1
Registered!!

JordanLewang is an unknown quantity at this point
My ride!

Hey all so this is a breakdown of what i have done to my car so far since i bought it! It is a 2002 ex/si coupe painted midnight blue (5 spd.)

Background info:
I bought the car two years ago off my parents after i put a hole in the bumper due to snow and a big bolder someone else already decided to hit and not push to the side of the road (jerk)! The car had 270 000 kms on it and ran half decent and was completely stock.

Step one:
After driving the car for about a year and roasting a set of tires and destroying the stock clutch it was time to do some work seeing as how i needed cv joints and new brakes as well. I knew nothing about my car and had never worked on a fwd car before. Luckily my neighbor is a heavy duty mechanic and i asked him to help me learn how to do these repairs. we did the work that was required and quickly realized the input shaft in my manual was going and would eventually need to be repaired. But for the time being it was going to be just fine.

Step two:
Roughly six months later the tranny kicked the bucket and i decided to replace it with one from an auto wrecker something i would never recommend to anyone who has one of these cars with a manual you are looking at the same problems and while i was there i picked up an aem cold air intake. While replacing the transmission i went ahead and did a few stereo add ons like a sony deck alpine amp and some jbl and alpine speakers.

Step three:
Probably the most expensive and up to date work i have done on my car. I changed to a pioneer deck added two kicker 10's swapped in another motor but added aem cam gear and crower stage 1 cam i ran into many problems here the transmission was messed up again so instead i rebuilt it this time and added a act lightened flywheel and performance clutch as well as replacing motor mounts and both front lower control arms replaced my princess auto fog lights with some jdm yellow fogs and replaced my front bumper and tinted my tail lights and threw on some konig next rims. So far the car runs great just a few small projects for the winter like a new ps pump etc.

In the spring it is going to get new suspension lowered 1 to 2 inches exhaust and then maybe add in a front sway bar from an rsx and a new computer probably going to go with hondata and add in some innovative motor mounts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0093.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	81762   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0109.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	81763   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0117.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	81764   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0388.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	81765   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0395.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	81766  

JordanLewang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #2
Registered!!

Lycan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My ride!

Nice and clean EM2 you got there

I'm really loving the mudflaps and fog lights
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #3
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

your pasenger side parking light is burnt
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #4
Registered!!

Thanks for the feedback i am always looking for little things to do so if you have any little project suggestions let me know i will looking to doin them and maybe let you know how they went i have done all the work thus far on my own except the tranny rebuild.
Old 09-22-2011   #5
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
your pasenger side parking light is burnt
I know lol it has been for a long time i need to replace it one of these days either that or i am getting some projectors soon so we will see what happens. Thanks for pointing that out tho i totally forgot it was burnt out.
Old 09-22-2011   #6
Registered!!

Lycan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanLewang View Post
Thanks for the feedback i am always looking for little things to do so if you have any little project suggestions let me know i will looking to doin them and maybe let you know how they went i have done all the work thus far on my own except the tranny rebuild.
Well ... have a look at my EM2 maybe you will get some new ideas:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...s-edm-em2.html
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #7
Registered!!

A whole lot of things has changed since i last posted on here I am planning on going for boost by the spring the car is looking good lots of new mods. I am currently redoing all of the suspension and installing coilover sleeves on my kybs as well as rear disc swap and new bushings.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo (6).JPG
Views:	113
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	83673   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (7).JPG
Views:	106
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	83674  
Old 07-13-2012   #8
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Nice one! I too like the fog lights on the front! Very nicely painted valve cover too! I want to do mine like that, but probably with a unique color like green or blue instead of the usual red.
krudmuphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012   #9
Registered!!

D.alvarez is an unknown quantity at this point

NICE black on black looking good.
D.alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #10
Registered!!

CivicDuty86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good bro. Good place to take the pics too. And kickers will help any ride.
CivicDuty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #11
Registered!!

I just installed new energy suspension bushings El rear disc braked and my new coilover sleeves the car handles unreal and i am very impressed. What a great investment!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo (8).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	83764  
Old 07-25-2012   #12
Registered!!

KurtzN1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice! Did you also change out your shocks with the coilovers? If you haven't, give Koni Yellows a shot as they do very well with coilovers since you can adjust the dampening of the springs. Very important!
KurtzN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #13
Registered!!

B15Fred can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanLewang View Post
Hey all so this is a breakdown of what i have done to my car so far since i bought it! It is a 2002 ex/si coupe painted midnight blue (5 spd.)

Background info:
I bought the car two years ago off my parents after i put a hole in the bumper due to snow and a big bolder someone else already decided to hit and not push to the side of the road (jerk)! The car had 270 000 kms on it and ran half decent and was completely stock.

Step one:
After driving the car for about a year and roasting a set of tires and destroying the stock clutch it was time to do some work seeing as how i needed cv joints and new brakes as well. I knew nothing about my car and had never worked on a fwd car before. Luckily my neighbor is a heavy duty mechanic and i asked him to help me learn how to do these repairs. we did the work that was required and quickly realized the input shaft in my manual was going and would eventually need to be repaired. But for the time being it was going to be just fine.

Step two:
Roughly six months later the tranny kicked the bucket and i decided to replace it with one from an auto wrecker something i would never recommend to anyone who has one of these cars with a manual you are looking at the same problems and while i was there i picked up an aem cold air intake. While replacing the transmission i went ahead and did a few stereo add ons like a sony deck alpine amp and some jbl and alpine speakers.

Step three:
Probably the most expensive and up to date work i have done on my car. I changed to a pioneer deck added two kicker 10's swapped in another motor but added aem cam gear and crower stage 1 cam i ran into many problems here the transmission was messed up again so instead i rebuilt it this time and added a act lightened flywheel and performance clutch as well as replacing motor mounts and both front lower control arms replaced my princess auto fog lights with some jdm yellow fogs and replaced my front bumper and tinted my tail lights and threw on some konig next rims. So far the car runs great just a few small projects for the winter like a new ps pump etc.

In the spring it is going to get new suspension lowered 1 to 2 inches exhaust and then maybe add in a front sway bar from an rsx and a new computer probably going to go with hondata and add in some innovative motor mounts.
Nicely done!
B15Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #14
Registered!!

kamal77 will become famous soon enough

you can get really good performance suspension kits from jdm dealers,,,,, last tiem i visited one they really had good suspension kits for civic .... only for 500$
kamal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #15
Registered!!

Yeah i already have adjustables in the front but right now its off the road and i purchased a 98 civic ex/si ready for a b swap!!!! and boost
Old 09-28-2012   #16
Registered!!

What do you think for 2200 bucks?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	552106_10152138647950072_1470652573_n.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	84099  
Old 09-28-2012   #17
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Not bad. Good deal.
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote