Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   My ride! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/343910-my-ride.html)

JordanLewang 09-22-2011 10:38 AM

My ride!

5 Attachment(s)
Hey all so this is a breakdown of what i have done to my car so far since i bought it! It is a 2002 ex/si coupe painted midnight blue (5 spd.)

Background info:
I bought the car two years ago off my parents after i put a hole in the bumper due to snow and a big bolder someone else already decided to hit and not push to the side of the road (jerk)! The car had 270 000 kms on it and ran half decent and was completely stock.

Step one:
After driving the car for about a year and roasting a set of tires and destroying the stock clutch it was time to do some work seeing as how i needed cv joints and new brakes as well. I knew nothing about my car and had never worked on a fwd car before. Luckily my neighbor is a heavy duty mechanic and i asked him to help me learn how to do these repairs. we did the work that was required and quickly realized the input shaft in my manual was going and would eventually need to be repaired. But for the time being it was going to be just fine.

Step two:
Roughly six months later the tranny kicked the bucket and i decided to replace it with one from an auto wrecker something i would never recommend to anyone who has one of these cars with a manual you are looking at the same problems and while i was there i picked up an aem cold air intake. While replacing the transmission i went ahead and did a few stereo add ons like a sony deck alpine amp and some jbl and alpine speakers.

Step three:
Probably the most expensive and up to date work i have done on my car. I changed to a pioneer deck added two kicker 10's swapped in another motor but added aem cam gear and crower stage 1 cam i ran into many problems here the transmission was messed up again so instead i rebuilt it this time and added a act lightened flywheel and performance clutch as well as replacing motor mounts and both front lower control arms replaced my princess auto fog lights with some jdm yellow fogs and replaced my front bumper and tinted my tail lights and threw on some konig next rims. So far the car runs great just a few small projects for the winter like a new ps pump etc.

In the spring it is going to get new suspension lowered 1 to 2 inches exhaust and then maybe add in a front sway bar from an rsx and a new computer probably going to go with hondata and add in some innovative motor mounts.

Lycan 09-22-2011 12:00 PM

Re: My ride!

Nice and clean EM2 you got there :tup:

I'm really loving the mudflaps and fog lights :tup:

gearbox 09-22-2011 12:29 PM

your pasenger side parking light is burnt :)

JordanLewang 09-22-2011 12:30 PM

Thanks for the feedback i am always looking for little things to do so if you have any little project suggestions let me know i will looking to doin them and maybe let you know how they went i have done all the work thus far on my own except the tranny rebuild.

JordanLewang 09-22-2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox (Post 4563089)
your pasenger side parking light is burnt :)

I know lol it has been for a long time i need to replace it one of these days either that or i am getting some projectors soon so we will see what happens. Thanks for pointing that out tho i totally forgot it was burnt out.

Lycan 09-22-2011 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by JordanLewang (Post 4563091)
Thanks for the feedback i am always looking for little things to do so if you have any little project suggestions let me know i will looking to doin them and maybe let you know how they went i have done all the work thus far on my own except the tranny rebuild.

Well ... have a look at my EM2 ;) maybe you will get some new ideas:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...s-edm-em2.html

JordanLewang 07-13-2012 12:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A whole lot of things has changed since i last posted on here I am planning on going for boost by the spring the car is looking good lots of new mods. I am currently redoing all of the suspension and installing coilover sleeves on my kybs as well as rear disc swap and new bushings.

krudmuphin 07-13-2012 03:55 PM

Nice one! I too like the fog lights on the front! Very nicely painted valve cover too! I want to do mine like that, but probably with a unique color like green or blue instead of the usual red.

D.alvarez 07-14-2012 01:02 AM

NICE black on black looking good.

CivicDuty86 07-18-2012 08:53 AM

Looks good bro. Good place to take the pics too. And kickers will help any ride. :tup:

JordanLewang 07-24-2012 10:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just installed new energy suspension bushings El rear disc braked and my new coilover sleeves the car handles unreal and i am very impressed. What a great investment!

KurtzN1 07-25-2012 05:55 PM

Nice! Did you also change out your shocks with the coilovers? If you haven't, give Koni Yellows a shot as they do very well with coilovers since you can adjust the dampening of the springs. Very important!

B15Fred 09-03-2012 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by JordanLewang (Post 4563066)
Hey all so this is a breakdown of what i have done to my car so far since i bought it! It is a 2002 ex/si coupe painted midnight blue (5 spd.)

Background info:
I bought the car two years ago off my parents after i put a hole in the bumper due to snow and a big bolder someone else already decided to hit and not push to the side of the road (jerk)! The car had 270 000 kms on it and ran half decent and was completely stock.

Step one:
After driving the car for about a year and roasting a set of tires and destroying the stock clutch it was time to do some work seeing as how i needed cv joints and new brakes as well. I knew nothing about my car and had never worked on a fwd car before. Luckily my neighbor is a heavy duty mechanic and i asked him to help me learn how to do these repairs. we did the work that was required and quickly realized the input shaft in my manual was going and would eventually need to be repaired. But for the time being it was going to be just fine.

Step two:
Roughly six months later the tranny kicked the bucket and i decided to replace it with one from an auto wrecker something i would never recommend to anyone who has one of these cars with a manual you are looking at the same problems and while i was there i picked up an aem cold air intake. While replacing the transmission i went ahead and did a few stereo add ons like a sony deck alpine amp and some jbl and alpine speakers.

Step three:
Probably the most expensive and up to date work i have done on my car. I changed to a pioneer deck added two kicker 10's swapped in another motor but added aem cam gear and crower stage 1 cam i ran into many problems here the transmission was messed up again so instead i rebuilt it this time and added a act lightened flywheel and performance clutch as well as replacing motor mounts and both front lower control arms replaced my princess auto fog lights with some jdm yellow fogs and replaced my front bumper and tinted my tail lights and threw on some konig next rims. So far the car runs great just a few small projects for the winter like a new ps pump etc.

In the spring it is going to get new suspension lowered 1 to 2 inches exhaust and then maybe add in a front sway bar from an rsx and a new computer probably going to go with hondata and add in some innovative motor mounts.

Nicely done!

kamal77 09-15-2012 10:15 AM

you can get really good performance suspension kits from jdm dealers,,,,, last tiem i visited one they really had good suspension kits for civic .... only for 500$

JordanLewang 09-28-2012 12:14 PM

Yeah i already have adjustables in the front but right now its off the road and i purchased a 98 civic ex/si ready for a b swap!!!! and boost

JordanLewang 09-28-2012 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What do you think for 2200 bucks?

sl33pyriceboi 09-28-2012 05:56 PM

Not bad. Good deal.