Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I'm new, My 2002 Coupe!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tyler2002Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm new, My 2002 Coupe!

Hey my names Tyler I'm 17 from Saskatchewan, Canada and just got my first Civic. It's a 2002 Coupe and I love it. I've got a few things done but I'm looking to slowly build it up. Any advice on upgrades would be great! I'm on a tight budget now but I plan to build my civic up.

Mods:
-Halo Headlights
-Carbon Fiber Euro Taillights
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-Aftermarket Lightweight Racing Rims w/ Falken Tires
-Kenwood CD Deck
-Aftermarket Muffler

Future Mods:
-Racing Gauge Cluster
-Throttle Body Spacer
-Body Kit
-Grill Delete
-Eventually a good Vtech (Hopefully K20A)
-Greddy or HKS Turbo (With K20A)

Heres some pics of my car, Let me know what you think and any advice on other mods would be great, Really wanna get my car going and looking good!
Name:  Civic01.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  108.3 KB
Name:  Civic03.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  77.4 KB
Name:  Civic02.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  98.7 KB
Old 10-01-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough
Re: I'm new, My 2002 Coupe!

Welcome and car looks good man except not digging the tail lights.
Old 10-01-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome, and nice car!

I would drop it, paint mirrors, get foglights, exhaust, broadway mirror, and get JDM grill

Those mudflaps are hideous though....
Other than that, nice car
Old 10-01-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
+1. What's up with that sticker on the back windshield? Isn't it hard to see out the window with that thing? From the pic, it looks like a stock muffler. I also agree on the fogs suggestion. That would look real nice.
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
Thanks! And really? I seemed to really like the talights haha, They are kinda different though, Everyones into something different though haha.

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Welcome, and nice car!

I would drop it, paint mirrors, get foglights, exhaust, broadway mirror, and get JDM grill

Those mudflaps are hideous though....
Other than that, nice car
Thanks! I really want to drop it, And I wanna paint the mirrors, What color do you think would be good, Silver? Foglights are on my list too, How hard are they to wire up? I'm looking to do the exhaust, I got the muffler done but I still gotta do the rest. What's a boradway mirror? And I really like the JDM Grills, Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up soon! And the mudflaps suck but save the paint haha, Not sure if they should stay or go.

Originally Posted by MelJ
+1. What's up with that sticker on the back windshield? Isn't it hard to see out the window with that thing? From the pic, it looks like a stock muffler. I also agree on the fogs suggestion. That would look real nice.
It's actually not the bad, But I'm planning on getting rid of it, The purple looks horrible, I'm looking into other stickers. And yeah these pictures were taken before the muffler haha.
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

03civiclxcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tyler2002Coupe
Hey my names Tyler I'm 17 from Saskatchewan, Canada and just got my first Civic. It's a 2002 Coupe and I love it. I've got a few things done but I'm looking to slowly build it up. Any advice on upgrades would be great! I'm on a tight budget now but I plan to build my civic up.

Mods:
-Halo Headlights
-Carbon Fiber Euro Taillights
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-Aftermarket Lightweight Racing Rims w/ Falken Tires
-Kenwood CD Deck
-Aftermarket Muffler

Future Mods:
-Racing Gauge Cluster
-Throttle Body Spacer
-Body Kit
-Grill Delete
-Eventually a good Vtech (Hopefully K20A)
-Greddy or HKS Turbo (With K20A)

Heres some pics of my car, Let me know what you think and any advice on other mods would be great, Really wanna get my car going and looking good!

Welcome to the site! car looks good!

I see on your future mods you want to get: Racing Gauge Cluster, Throttle Body Spacer, Body Kit, Grill Delete, Eventually a good Vtech (Hopefully K20A), Greddy or HKS Turbo (With K20A). Please dont get a body kit get lip kit it will look a lot better than body kit. Not a fan of the sticker or the taillights but its your car do what you want to it and whatever it makes you happy, other than that car looks great! I love those headlights looks awesome! Rims are looking good also!
Old 10-01-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! I really want to drop it, And I wanna paint the mirrors, What color do you think would be good, Silver? Foglights are on my list too, How hard are they to wire up? I'm looking to do the exhaust, I got the muffler done but I still gotta do the rest. What's a boradway mirror? And I really like the JDM Grills, Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up soon! And the mudflaps suck but save the paint haha, Not sure if they should stay or go.
Mirrors paint to match the car
Foglights are not hard to wire up

Broadway mirror is a panaramic mirror, kinda ricey, but it's cool and really helps in coupe's i think
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Wide-270mm-...c_bm_270mm.htm
some pix in there to see

I say take the mudflaps out, our coupe's look slick and clean without them
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 03civiclxcoupe
Welcome to the site! car looks good!

I see on your future mods you want to get: Racing Gauge Cluster, Throttle Body Spacer, Body Kit, Grill Delete, Eventually a good Vtech (Hopefully K20A), Greddy or HKS Turbo (With K20A). Please dont get a body kit get lip kit it will look a lot better than body kit. Not a fan of the sticker or the taillights but its your car do what you want to it and whatever it makes you happy, other than that car looks great! I love those headlights looks awesome! Rims are looking good also!
What's a lip kit? Sorry not too good with this stuff yet haha, I'm working on it!

Mirrors paint to match the car
Foglights are not hard to wire up

Broadway mirror is a panaramic mirror, kinda ricey, but it's cool and really helps in coupe's i think
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Wide-270mm-...c_bm_270mm.htm
some pix in there to see

I say take the mudflaps out, our coupe's look slick and clean without them
Yeah I'm going to paint the mirrors silver right away, And fog lights would look great so hopefully that too! That broadway mirror is awesome, I'll have to look into that.

Hmm not many people seem to like the tailights haha, I thought they were the nicest ones I could find. I just love carbon fiber though haha, Heres a better pic not sure if they look any better close up haha.

Name:  Tailights.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  77.8 KB
Old 10-01-2010
Kenny the Ricer

that is actually the best aftermarket tail lights i've ever seen on the 7th gens

a lot of people don't like aftermarket tail lights because none looks good, especially altezza's

Most people just get 04/05 tail lights, and tint it, looks better
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

that is actually the best aftermarket tail lights i've ever seen on the 7th gens

a lot of people don't like aftermarket tail lights because none looks good, especially altezza's

Most people just get 04/05 tail lights, and tint it, looks better
I don't really like tinted tailights as much, and cops here are pretty picky about it, It sucks. My buddy had an 01 Civic that was black all smoked out and got alot of tickets, One of the tickets was for the talights. The laws here suck lol.
Old 10-01-2010
Kenny the Ricer

I don't really like tinted tailights as much, and cops here are pretty picky about it, It sucks. My buddy had an 01 Civic that was black all smoked out and got alot of tickets, One of the tickets was for the talights. The laws here suck lol.
haha, you dont know anything about picky cops....
try living in california

And yeah, you can always do a light tint though,
me, personally, i like my car to look all stock, maybe some rims though
I'm planning to do a 05 tail light upgrade too, no tint
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, these phones are super cool.

Old 10-01-2010
Kenny the Ricer

-Eventually a good Vtech
Originally Posted by Awjvail
I agree, these phones are super cool.

I didn't even notice

But yeah, you don't want a dropped call while driving
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

03civiclxcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

What's a lip kit? Sorry not too good with this stuff yet haha, I'm working on it!
This is what lip kit is, this will look make our cars look a lot better than body kit.

Yea its cool thats why we all are here to help each other out and answer questions that other people might have.

Edit: Oh the lip kit above only shows the front and rear but lip kit includes the front, rear and side.

Look here for pictures of other members rides. https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...your-ride.html

Last edited by 03civiclxcoupe; 10-01-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-01-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Know what? It seems all of Honda's cars seem to look much better as coupes or hatches.
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

MoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura aboutMoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura aboutMoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura about

Hey man, although i do prefer stock tail lights over anything else, especially on coupes, I gotta say, your tail's look pretty good. I think they are a good match with the headlights. Just my two cents.
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

01civiclx94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yah i'm actually liking them tails too. There isnt really any nice black tail lights out there that are NOT tinted. I can't risk getting pulled over for tinted lights
Old 10-02-2010
Registered!!

billing10 is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the honda life.....lol. yeah i agree im liking the look of those tail lights there proboly the nicest ones ive seen. other than stock of course good job tho nice ride
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 03civiclxcoupe
This is what lip kit is, this will look make our cars look a lot better than body kit.

Yea its cool thats why we all are here to help each other out and answer questions that other people might have.

Edit: Oh the lip kit above only shows the front and rear but lip kit includes the front, rear and side.

Look here for pictures of other members rides. https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...your-ride.html
Wow that lip kit looks awesome, That'd be nice to get, I also want to remove the licence plate holder on the front, I don't really like it.

Finally got around to taking that stupid element sticker off haha, Also tinted my front side windows with a 20% tint. I'd really like to get a new hood and spoiler too soon. Thanks for the comments and advice everyone! Really enjoying these forums sofar.

Also - I was wondering what sites do you guys order your stuff from? I haven't really ordered anything off the internet.

Last edited by Tyler2002Coupe; 10-04-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-04-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a Mugen style lip. I'm not quite feeling the tails either, but I'm heavily biased against the "carbon look" as opposed to real carbon fiber or at least really good simulated carbon fiber. But to each his own

Also, you, sir, need a drop, BAD. What size rims/tires (be specific) do you got? It makes the wheel gap look HUUUUGGGGEEEEEEE. I know low-pro tires are all the thing, but I'd opt for a proper tire size in lieu of an uber low profile.. It'll give you a better ride/better handling... but that's just me. That profile looks like it belongs on a 19" rim..

Order **** from dezod.com and thmotorsports.com

best prices on the interwebs, and they were pretty much the best of the best vendors of this site in it's most popular days (usernames Dezod and TrueHonda, respectively). They were able to cut us badass deals and whatnot. You might be able to get some good deals if you ask nicely. I know paul from Dezod pokes his head in every once in a while. I haven't seen Eddie from TrueHonda in a long time.

Just remember one thing while modding your car. It's your car, do what you want. There's always gonna be someone to hate on what you got, so don't let the hate affect you. Unless you actually start to legitimately agree with the insight being provided.

In any case, let how you modify your car reflect how you envision your car. Once you start letting people get to you, and you start changing things because you feel like you're being ridiculed because of it, that's when it stops being your vision.

The only time that really doesn't apply is if you're actually asking for suggestions. But when you ask for suggestions and then go with the opposite of the general opinion, then you just look like a jackass.. lol

Hell, I know I'm guilty as almost everyone else on this site for hating on something.
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

MoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura aboutMoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura aboutMoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura about

I would keep the spoiler stock, I prefer most everything to remain stock. But as Riceboy said, "to each his own". I also agree with what somebody else said, loose the mudflaps. i usually like the way they look on stock civic's, but for some reason, on your car, i'm just not digging it. Glad you tore that sticker off the rear shield. Good move If you are just looking to make your car 'look' better, i would suggest dioing a HID conversion. That's something i wanna do with my projectors, but haven't got the knowledge yet. Some day, perhaps. About dropping it; I personally think you should go find youself the appropriate size wheel and tires. If you wanna do it 'bigger', don't go crazy. Perhaps just an inch larger than stock size, which i think is 15". Sure, you could use a drop. and again, I'd only go an inch or so. I like your car. It's got some good potential; more so than mine, since i bought mine salvage. Like i said, just don't go to crazy with your decisions. Usually the best modifications are the subtle ones.
Old 10-04-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MoreRicePlease
I would keep the spoiler stock, I prefer most everything to remain stock. But as Riceboy said, "to each his own". I also agree with what somebody else said, loose the mudflaps. i usually like the way they look on stock civic's, but for some reason, on your car, i'm just not digging it. Glad you tore that sticker off the rear shield. Good move If you are just looking to make your car 'look' better, i would suggest dioing a HID conversion. That's something i wanna do with my projectors, but haven't got the knowledge yet. Some day, perhaps. About dropping it; I personally think you should go find youself the appropriate size wheel and tires. If you wanna do it 'bigger', don't go crazy. Perhaps just an inch larger than stock size, which i think is 15". Sure, you could use a drop. and again, I'd only go an inch or so. I like your car. It's got some good potential; more so than mine, since i bought mine salvage. Like i said, just don't go to crazy with your decisions. Usually the best modifications are the subtle ones.
Or you can do like I did, find someone selling theirs after they got rid of their car. I had enough HID components from doing it the cheap way (i.e. HIDs in slightly modified halogen projectors) so the retrofit only cost me $225 (for just the modified headlight housings and the HID projectors themselves), plus the cost of some little things I did to give the headlights my own touch (painted the bezels EBP and mounted some CCFL angel eyes I had lying around)

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 10-04-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Welcome to the forum. Your car looks sweet. There is alot of good advice here. Remember to use the search feature before asking questions. I think your current spoiler looks awesome. I am undecided about the t lights. A drop would look cool. I like the rims too.
Old 10-11-2010
Registered!!

Leafsfan16 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont like the tail lights but the front ones are nice .. any close up pics? I'm trying to decide on a set for my 05
Old 10-12-2010
Registered!!

nuxil is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum, the car is "gorgeous" :P
I like the stock spoiler, wish my civic had it... I don't know where I can find a cheap stock spoiler that's why I don't have it yet
Can you post a picture of the halo headlights, I didn't buy them cause of the Canadian winter, didn't trust the after-market products.. thx
Old 10-19-2010
Registered!!

Hey everyone, Thanks for the comments, I've been a way for a while so haven't been able to check this forum lately, But I'm back :P.

Here's a picture of my headlights:
Name:  Halos.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  51.3 KB
Unfortunately only 1 of the halos works out of them, So that sucks hopefully I'll be able to get that fixed soon :P.