need help with my tail lights - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2010   #1
Registered!!

yeabmx is an unknown quantity at this point
need help with my tail lights

so i just ordered the red/clear tail lights about a week ago from ebay.(i know scary). well i finally got the lights after a weeks waiting. one problem, the inner light, the ones on the trunk lid. arent pushing in right. idk if its cuz maybe the lights are for the 99s? or if maybe they just made them poorly. can i cut off the plastic molding towards the trunk part?? im going to attach a picture and show u what plastic. but i just need help. looks terrible :\ any help?
yeabmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010   #2
Registered!!

yeabmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: need help with my tail lights

oh yea and is there anyway to replace the lens? just the lens? because the stock molding will go in right, if i can replace the lens with the clear ones? any help?
yeabmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010   #3
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: need help with my tail lights

i had a similar issue on some rsx lights. the aftermarkets are not made to fit perfectly, so i had to do some trimming of the rear plastic housing. im not sure what yours looks like but try to see whats preventing the light from pushing in completely. usually you cannot replace the lens if it looks like its plastic welded. if you see some grey/black goo holding it, then you can heat the edges and pry them apart like headlamps.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote