Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Would you consider this rice?

Old 04-12-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tjg312 is an unknown quantity at this point
Would you consider this rice?

When I got this car, it already had the exhaust tip, full exhaust system(it's a bit louder than stock, but I don't think it's quite fartcannon), racing pedals(removed these), the chrome tail lights, and the spoiler. Front is pretty much all stock
I'm trying to make it look good, but don't wanna make it appear all riced out. Since then I did rims, intake, tint(not seen in pic, but it's 35 in the front windows, 20s in back side windows/back) and painted the calipers/drums(only did that because they were pretty rusted up and stood out a lot with the new rims in a negative way, painted the drums black so they don't really even show and the calipers silver)

Most of my friends and people who go to my school think it looks nice, but I'm still in high school so I can steal a bleacher, stick it on the back as my spoiler, throw on a body kit and racing stripes and have them think it's the fastest, most awesome thing in the world

Anything in particular you guys think I should change? I kinda wanna get a smaller tip, but it's not really high on my priorities. I actually kind of like the taillights with the car color, but idk...
Back:

Side:

(don't have the tint on at that time, just appears like that because of the lighting)

Last edited by tjg312; 04-13-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-12-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Would you consider this rice?

Not bad. The tail lights are a tiny bit.. I'd get 04-05 tails if I were you.
Old 04-12-2010
Registered!!

Honda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really nice

Definitely get rid of the tails
Old 04-12-2010
Registered!!

Midnight Run is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah those euro tails got to go!
Old 04-13-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

It looks good but like everyone else get rid of the tail lights and get the stock ones.
Old 04-13-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

ditch the tails.. I like the 04-05 OEM tails, personally

A drop wouldn't hurt, and a nice looking lip kit would set it off nicely
Old 04-13-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i agree get 04 tails they will look cleaner those do not flow with the car they stick out like a sore thumb. and were in connecticut are you from im from portland rite nect to middltown.
Old 04-13-2010
Registered!!

I was actually trying to find some 04-05 OEMs, but haven't had any luck finding any for a coupe. Anyone have any recommendations for good aftermarket tail lights that aren't all chromed out like that?

and yeah, new springs and struts were next on my things to do for it, plan on getting that done sometime this month possibly. I'm up in torrington, ct. kinda far away from portland

also: how does replacing the grill work, is it attached the bumper or can you just unbolt it right off? kinda want to get something done to the front and put on a JDM grill or something

Last edited by tjg312; 04-13-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-13-2010
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

Stock tails on ebay!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories
Old 04-13-2010
Registered!!

The grille is just clipped on to the bumper. It comes off, no cutting required.
Old 04-13-2010
Registered!!

thanks! just ordered those & this grill
Old 04-13-2010
Registered!!

yay!

what size are those wheels? 16s?
Old 04-13-2010
Registered!!

nope, they're 17s. Was trying to get 16s actually but those only came in 15s and 17s, and I thought 15s would be a bit too small so I went 17s, ride quality isn't too bad with them, at least until I get it dropped

Do I lose cruise control when putting on those tail lights? was looking at some things people said about putting 04-05 tail lights on an 03. There was something about losing cruise control unless I put in another brake light or something like that?

Last edited by tjg312; 04-13-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

tails = rice
rims w/o a drop = rice.
Old 04-13-2010

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tjg312
Do I lose cruise control when putting on those tail lights? was looking at some things people said about putting 04-05 tail lights on an 03. There was something about losing cruise control unless I put in another brake light or something like that?
if u swap to 04-05 STOCK tail lights, you will still have ur CC.

you will only lose CC if u swap out to LED tail lights. the reason is because with LED, they draw very little power and therefore have very small electrical load resistance (compared to stock lights that use incandescent light bulbs). but all u need to do to fix this is to put a LOAD resistor on the tail light.

when the engine sees there is no load on ur tail light (if u get LEDs) it will thing ur brake light is OUT, and so it DISABLES ur CC for safty reasons. (the car things ur light is out, so when u brake the person behind you wont know that you are braking)
Old 04-13-2010

04-05 LED tail lights (best looking tial lights ever for our 7th gens):

Name:  Picture097.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  601.4 KB

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 04-13-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-13-2010
Registered!!

nice! I do like those LED tails, pretty sure the ones I just ordered are incandescent though. Either way, glad I'm gonna be getting rid of these tails I have on now. And dropping it is the next thing on my list after I put in the new grille and tails
Old 04-13-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Gonna be real nice after you get rid of those tails. If your going to drop it, research on this forum and make sure you do it properly. You seem to be doing a pretty good job de-ricing that car though. Keep it up
Old 04-14-2010

i like ur rims tho man. looks real good. so a drop + lights, and ur all set.
Old 04-14-2010
Registered!!

Well got my lights in the day right after I ordered them, got all the bulbs I needed to do it from the FAQ here, but radioshack only had one of those adapters :\
are there any other ways I can go about it? i'm thinking I can maybe just splice a wire or something, but I don't wanna go around cutting wires before i know what i'm doing

edit: nevermind! just found out there's another radioshack about 15min away from me that I'm gonna go to tommorow, hopefully gonna have these tezzas out tommorow

Last edited by tjg312; 04-14-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-15-2010
Registered!!

hindude will become famous soon enough

exactly what everyone is saying. those tail lights are screaming rice. and i agree with everyone about the 40-05 tail lights too. they are the best. (my favorite part of my civic) get some of those. the spoiler is stock style so it looks alright.
Old 04-15-2010
Registered!!

e-teckk will become famous soon enough

i also agree with everybody else =P
yo sleepyriceboy what rear bumper do you have on that black civic? that ish looks legit
Old 04-16-2010

its a stock bumper...lol

but it has a rear tsunami lip kit (the whole car is tusunami lip)

Name:  Picture104.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  594.2 KB

Name:  Picture374.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  107.2 KB
Old 04-16-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

nice to see someone else rockin the 7thgencivic.com sticker

that second pic is badass
Old 04-16-2010
Registered!!

D17cancun is an unknown quantity at this point

riceer
Old 04-17-2010
Registered!!

timhill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tjg312
When I got this car, it already had the exhaust tip, full exhaust system(it's a bit louder than stock, but I don't think it's quite fartcannon), racing pedals(removed these), the chrome tail lights, and the spoiler. Front is pretty much all stock
I'm trying to make it look good, but don't wanna make it appear all riced out. Since then I did rims, intake, tint(not seen in pic, but it's 35 in the front windows, 20s in back side windows/back) and painted the calipers/drums(only did that because they were pretty rusted up and stood out a lot with the new rims in a negative way, painted the drums black so they don't really even show and the calipers silver)

Most of my friends and people who go to my school think it looks nice, but I'm still in high school so I can steal a bleacher, stick it on the back as my spoiler, throw on a body kit and racing stripes and have them think it's the fastest, most awesome thing in the world

Anything in particular you guys think I should change? I kinda wanna get a smaller tip, but it's not really high on my priorities. I actually kind of like the taillights with the car color, but idk...
Back:

Side:

(don't have the tint on at that time, just appears like that because of the lighting)
Nice Civic... It would be awesome if you can show us the interior of your ride....
Old 04-17-2010
Registered!!

My interior's nothing impressive yet :P All stock except for a cheap head unit I got all ghetto rigged up. And there's parts all over the place from some things I was working on.

And thanks for the input everyone, really wanna get these 04/05 lights on it but my honda dealership is having some trouble with getting their shipments in, so still waiting on getting the turn signal socket to put them on. So hopefully they'll get it in on tuesday like they said
Old 04-19-2010
Registered!!

hurray for less rice and happy looking taillights
thanks for the suggestions guys, liking the 04/05 ones. Also tommorow me and my friend are planning on dropping it
Old 04-19-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Nice. What setup you goin with to drop it?
Old 04-19-2010
Registered!!

2004GraphEx is an unknown quantity at this point

kind of crazy everyone wants the stock tails...i like them too, but i like the black LED ones a notch more though...and those stocks look better then then chrome ones did!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you consider this rice?