Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I need your oppinion

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FrankMazzarella is an unknown quantity at this point
I need your oppinion

Hey i just joined and I was hoping that somebody could give me an oppinion and possible some pointers.

I bought a 2004 Civic lx sedan back in october and I love everything about the car, except the color. Its called "Galapagos Green Metallic". except everybody calls it gay green.

What should i do (please dont tell me to paint the car. im 17 and cant afford)

I dont have any pics on my laptop so i found this online
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	honda_civic_dc_03_02.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	77930  
Old 02-14-2010
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: I need your oppinion

Lol well if you cant afford to paint it...You could cover it in blue painters tape!

Or sand it town and spray it primer...
Old 02-14-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point

DEal with it and get a job? What are we supposed to tell u if u don't like the color but can't get it repainted?
Old 02-14-2010
Registered!!

i have a job/good paintjobs arent cheap
Old 02-14-2010
Registered!!

harleyetta is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe you shouldnt of bought the car if you didnt like the color!. Besides its your car, who cares what everyone else thinks. I hear maaco will paint it for $395.00 How did you buy it with no job anyway!!!!??? Makes it kinda hard to afford gas and insurance doesnt it?? LOL
Old 02-14-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

dont paint it. thats actually one of the nicest colors honda offers.

its not gay at all.

what you should do first is work on suspenion or a retrofit. makes driving that much better.
Old 02-14-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by harleyetta
Maybe you shouldnt of bought the car if you didnt like the color!. Besides its your car, who cares what everyone else thinks. I hear maaco will paint it for $395.00 How did you buy it with no job anyway!!!!??? Makes it kinda hard to afford gas and insurance doesnt it?? LOL
dont take ur car to maaco unless u want it to start chipping within 6 months.

maaco is only good for fast paints to "sell" ur car.
Old 02-14-2010
Registered!!

dads5150civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FrankMazzarella
Hey i just joined and I was hoping that somebody could give me an oppinion and possible some pointers.

I bought a 2004 Civic lx sedan back in october and I love everything about the car, except the color. Its called "Galapagos Green Metallic". except everybody calls it gay green.

What should i do (please dont tell me to paint the car. im 17 and cant afford)

I dont have any pics on my laptop so i found this online
Are you really so unsure of your "man-hood" that you're wanting to change the color of your car because some douche-bag called it "gay green"? Um, if you don't like the color, repaint it. What else were you expecting us to tell you? As Sl33py said, it's one of the nicest colors Honda did on that generation Civic. Tell the haters to ****-off. Now go buy some suspension!
Old 02-14-2010
Registered!!

i understand that there is not much that you can tell me to do other than paint it, but i figured that there were maybe a few modifications that i can do to make the car look better
Old 02-14-2010
Registered!!

CoupedUp04 is an unknown quantity at this point

I also like that color. If i could repaint my car any color it would be a faded green like that.

If you want the car to look more aggressive and less like a "grocery getter" I would: tint the hell out of it (or the most you can in your state), upgrade the suspension (springs, struts, camber), get some alloy wheels, etc. The only problem there is that all this stuff cost money, some more than others.

The best thing for you to do is just suck it up and be proud of your car. Try not paying attention to their remarks, don't agree with them. If you don't let it bother you, they'll eventually drop it and forget. I mean, last I checked it's pretty damn cool to own a great car like that at 17. You're really lucky for what you have and their scrutiny is just reflecting their jealousy. Next time they make fun of it tell them they can effing walk... but only if you're driving : )
Old 02-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

keep the color as is and lower the car and get some nice and cheap honda oem wheels
Old 02-14-2010
Registered!!

210italian is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude thats a kick *** color, who ever calls it gay green is gay themselves......just save some cash drop that bitch and JDM the hell out of it
Old 02-14-2010
Registered!!

210italian is an unknown quantity at this point

double post FTW
Old 02-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

that is the gayist of the gay colors i have ever seen in my life i would have to drive that car with a bag over my head because of embarrassment alone. butt honestly that is a nice color i like it.
Old 02-14-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

Evidently your friends are morons.

I'd change the colour of the dashboard to black or grey. There is a DIY on there. The tan is so nasty. Put some fog lights in it, paint the side mirrors, door handles and moulding gay green as well,

Last edited by Awjvail; 02-14-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2010
Registered!!

i really like the idea about tinting the windows i think a decent tint would make the car look much better.

i actually already have green handles and green moldings, not green side mirrors so ill think about doing that.

I cant lower the car because there are a LOT of hills in my area. i live in a valley... i scraped alreay a few times haha.

ill someday upgrade to alloy rims, but nothing too ricey and i plan on adding yellow foglights and possibly projector halos

dont get me wrong, i very much appreciate having such a great car i was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions to improve.

\thanks for all the comments soo far
Old 02-15-2010
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

ya lowering it will improve not only the looks but the handling. other than that bolt ons like intakes and exhaust will make it only feel faster. i wont even suggest an engine swap since i know u dont have that kind of money. anyways, just lower it, maybe an inch and a half or so. shouldnt be too bad.
Old 02-15-2010
Registered!!

ive never seen that color before for some reason. where ar eu from
Old 02-15-2010
Registered!!

i live near scranton, pennsylvania. there are 2 or 3 in my area

Originally Posted by kcari
ive never seen that color before for some reason. where ar eu from
Old 02-15-2010
Registered!!

Erikwithak86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FrankMazzarella
i live near scranton, pennsylvania. there are 2 or 3 in my area

*the office theme song playing*

LOL **** the haters dude, I like that color a lot. I have an 04 LX sedan also in Eternal Blue Pearl, I bought the blue one to be a little different because back in 06 when I got it everyone had white and silver ones. Then like in 07 everyone had a ****ing blue one. I wish the dealership had a green one like that when I was there.
Old 02-15-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Erikwithak86
*the office theme song playing*

LOL **** the haters dude, I like that color a lot. I have an 04 LX sedan also in Eternal Blue Pearl, I bought the blue one to be a little different because back in 06 when I got it everyone had white and silver ones. Then like in 07 everyone had a ****ing blue one. I wish the dealership had a green one like that when I was there.
what a coincidence, when i read this the office came on tv. and thanks for the nice post. i just washed the car toda and ill post some ACTUAL pics soon