Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   I need your oppinion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/326223-i-need-your-oppinion.html)

FrankMazzarella 02-13-2010 11:37 PM

I need your oppinion

1 Attachment(s)
Hey i just joined and I was hoping that somebody could give me an oppinion and possible some pointers.

I bought a 2004 Civic lx sedan back in october and I love everything about the car, except the color. Its called "Galapagos Green Metallic". except everybody calls it gay green.

What should i do (please dont tell me to paint the car. im 17 and cant afford)

I dont have any pics on my laptop so i found this online

BJanzen 02-14-2010 12:03 AM

Re: I need your oppinion

Lol well if you cant afford to paint it...You could cover it in blue painters tape!

Or sand it town and spray it primer...

HLC 02-14-2010 12:36 AM

DEal with it and get a job? What are we supposed to tell u if u don't like the color but can't get it repainted?

FrankMazzarella 02-14-2010 12:39 AM

i have a job/good paintjobs arent cheap

harleyetta 02-14-2010 01:18 AM

Maybe you shouldnt of bought the car if you didnt like the color!. Besides its your car, who cares what everyone else thinks. I hear maaco will paint it for $395.00 How did you buy it with no job anyway!!!!??? Makes it kinda hard to afford gas and insurance doesnt it?? LOL

sl33pyriceboi 02-14-2010 03:08 AM

dont paint it. thats actually one of the nicest colors honda offers.

its not gay at all.

what you should do first is work on suspenion or a retrofit. makes driving that much better.

sl33pyriceboi 02-14-2010 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by harleyetta (Post 4457408)
Maybe you shouldnt of bought the car if you didnt like the color!. Besides its your car, who cares what everyone else thinks. I hear maaco will paint it for $395.00 How did you buy it with no job anyway!!!!??? Makes it kinda hard to afford gas and insurance doesnt it?? LOL

dont take ur car to maaco unless u want it to start chipping within 6 months.

maaco is only good for fast paints to "sell" ur car.

dads5150civic 02-14-2010 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by FrankMazzarella (Post 4457398)
Hey i just joined and I was hoping that somebody could give me an oppinion and possible some pointers.

I bought a 2004 Civic lx sedan back in october and I love everything about the car, except the color. Its called "Galapagos Green Metallic". except everybody calls it gay green.

What should i do (please dont tell me to paint the car. im 17 and cant afford)

I dont have any pics on my laptop so i found this online

Are you really so unsure of your "man-hood" that you're wanting to change the color of your car because some douche-bag called it "gay green"? Um, if you don't like the color, repaint it. What else were you expecting us to tell you? As Sl33py said, it's one of the nicest colors Honda did on that generation Civic. Tell the haters to piss-off. Now go buy some suspension! :cool:

FrankMazzarella 02-14-2010 05:56 PM

i understand that there is not much that you can tell me to do other than paint it, but i figured that there were maybe a few modifications that i can do to make the car look better

CoupedUp04 02-14-2010 06:11 PM

I also like that color. If i could repaint my car any color it would be a faded green like that.

If you want the car to look more aggressive and less like a "grocery getter" I would: tint the hell out of it (or the most you can in your state), upgrade the suspension (springs, struts, camber), get some alloy wheels, etc. The only problem there is that all this stuff cost money, some more than others.

The best thing for you to do is just suck it up and be proud of your car. Try not paying attention to their remarks, don't agree with them. If you don't let it bother you, they'll eventually drop it and forget. I mean, last I checked it's pretty damn cool to own a great car like that at 17. You're really lucky for what you have and their scrutiny is just reflecting their jealousy. Next time they make fun of it tell them they can effing walk... but only if you're driving : )

kcari 02-14-2010 06:31 PM

keep the color as is and lower the car and get some nice and cheap honda oem wheels

210italian 02-14-2010 06:31 PM

Dude thats a kick ass color, who ever calls it gay green is gay themselves......just save some cash drop that bitch and JDM the hell out of it

210italian 02-14-2010 06:45 PM

double post FTW

lowlife9 02-14-2010 09:12 PM

that is the gayist of the gay colors i have ever seen in my life i would have to drive that car with a bag over my head because of embarrassment alone. butt honestly that is a nice color i like it.

Awjvail 02-14-2010 10:48 PM

Evidently your friends are morons.

I'd change the colour of the dashboard to black or grey. There is a DIY on there. The tan is so nasty. Put some fog lights in it, paint the side mirrors, door handles and moulding gay green as well,

FrankMazzarella 02-15-2010 12:53 AM

i really like the idea about tinting the windows i think a decent tint would make the car look much better.

i actually already have green handles and green moldings, not green side mirrors so ill think about doing that.

I cant lower the car because there are a LOT of hills in my area. i live in a valley... i scraped alreay a few times haha.

ill someday upgrade to alloy rims, but nothing too ricey and i plan on adding yellow foglights and possibly projector halos

dont get me wrong, i very much appreciate having such a great car i was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions to improve.

\thanks for all the comments soo far

kcari 02-15-2010 01:30 AM

ya lowering it will improve not only the looks but the handling. other than that bolt ons like intakes and exhaust will make it only feel faster. i wont even suggest an engine swap since i know u dont have that kind of money. anyways, just lower it, maybe an inch and a half or so. shouldnt be too bad.

kcari 02-15-2010 01:30 AM

ive never seen that color before for some reason. where ar eu from

FrankMazzarella 02-15-2010 02:33 AM

i live near scranton, pennsylvania. there are 2 or 3 in my area

Originally Posted by kcari (Post 4457524)
ive never seen that color before for some reason. where ar eu from

Erikwithak86 02-15-2010 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by FrankMazzarella (Post 4457527)
i live near scranton, pennsylvania. there are 2 or 3 in my area

*the office theme song playing*

LOL **** the haters dude, I like that color a lot. I have an 04 LX sedan also in Eternal Blue Pearl, I bought the blue one to be a little different because back in 06 when I got it everyone had white and silver ones. Then like in 07 everyone had a ****ing blue one. I wish the dealership had a green one like that when I was there.

FrankMazzarella 02-15-2010 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Erikwithak86 (Post 4457586)
*the office theme song playing*

LOL **** the haters dude, I like that color a lot. I have an 04 LX sedan also in Eternal Blue Pearl, I bought the blue one to be a little different because back in 06 when I got it everyone had white and silver ones. Then like in 07 everyone had a ****ing blue one. I wish the dealership had a green one like that when I was there.

what a coincidence, when i read this the office came on tv. and thanks for the nice post. i just washed the car toda and ill post some ACTUAL pics soon