Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

civic problems... gotta love em

Old 01-26-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeabmx is an unknown quantity at this point
civic problems... gotta love em

so tonight my heat was on full blast, i go to push it down to off.
and the lights dim, but only on the right side of the heat/ac console.
the hazard light usually lights up with the dash lights (its night time)
and that light doesnt light up nemore either. i kept tapping it, it came on
a little than out again. why the sdfjh is it doing this? the left side is still bright
and isn't showing any problems but the right side is dim, and the hazard light
is off. whyy is this happening? its annoying to see, im sure u guys understand.
Old 01-26-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: civic problems... gotta love em

I have the same problem. One of the two bulbs that lights up my controls is on the fritz- the filaments arent contacting, but when you tap the dash, they connect and light up. Just walk into honda and tell them what you drive and get a new bulb. Almost all dealership parts centers stock the bulbs on site since its fairly common and such a small part- its around 5 bucks or so.
Old 01-26-2010
Registered!!

civicpapi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TRIZ
I have the same problem. One of the two bulbs that lights up my controls is on the fritz- the filaments arent contacting, but when you tap the dash, they connect and light up. Just walk into honda and tell them what you drive and get a new bulb. Almost all dealership parts centers stock the bulbs on site since its fairly common and such a small part- its around 5 bucks or so.

Are you guys referring to bulbs that light up in the ac/ heater control box? Are they hard to replace or the unit has to be opened up?
Old 01-26-2010
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I have yet to replace mine. I have the bulb, but need to take my car back to cartoys to have them replace the bezel around the radio becaused they scratched it on the install. They are going to replace the blub too.

They said it was easy, and you just need to pull the head unit out and they screw in from the side.
Old 01-27-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

bulbs are prolly starting to go bad. eventually it will just go off.
Old 01-27-2010
Registered!!

civicpapi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TRIZ
I have yet to replace mine. I have the bulb, but need to take my car back to cartoys to have them replace the bezel around the radio becaused they scratched it on the install. They are going to replace the blub too.

They said it was easy, and you just need to pull the head unit out and they screw in from the side.
I have a 96 civic, I looked at the parts diagram, looks like 2 bulbs. I can not tell where they go into the unit, I am wondering if they are screwed into the housing itself. I am curious because before I go through the trouble of pulling the unit out, are they easy to access.
Old 01-27-2010
Premium Member

Google "majestic honda" and go to the parts section, pick out your exact car and you can get the diagrams.
Old 01-28-2010
Registered!!

any reasoning on the heat....it stopped working now... and where i live its f_in cold out now.
got electric start put in like a week ago, now it has no purpose. can't even get into a heated car.
any answers??
Old 01-28-2010
Premium Member

Bad wiring on the start... take it back.

This is why I dont let anyone work on my car- nobody can seem to do the job right!
Old 01-29-2010
Registered!!

weird. i fixed the problem myself by exploring. i was lookin at the back of the heater and was pushing the switch back and forth cold and warm and noticed nothing happening with this little white thing, a door for the heat im guessin? i popped the thing into where i thot it should be and wallah. heat again. weird. but did some recent little mods to the interior of the car. will have pics soon