Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

2001 Civic EX Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personality is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 Civic EX Sedan

Hello Guys,

I had a couple questions, I just bought a Civic EX sedan from a local dealer in my area, I am really enjoying it. This is my second car, my first car was a Chevy Cavalier, which I had nothing but bad luck with, first the brakes and pads were bad, then the transmission went, and now the rods in the engine are ****ed, so i just bought a 67K Civic, and loving it. I just would like to add some nice visuals and maybe performance parts, who knows. I am going to be adding a system to the car in about a week just have to re-wire everything, etc. etc.

I have been trolling the threads and have heard talk about JDM parts, etc.

I have read a thread about Type-R front lips and have stumbled upon this on ebay... Type-R Lip

I am just wondering if this is the lip there are talking about, and how hard it is to put this on a car. I am also wondering about fog lights since my car doesn't have them and i am wondering how difficult these are to wire and put on.

I would also like a nice set of headlights, and tail lights if anyone has any good recomendations... Also, and sweet grills and emblems would be nice.

Just let me know, i am not trying to be ricer, i would just like my car to be nice Btw, it's a white sedan, not my favorite color but it's growing on me.

thanks everyone,
dustin.
Old 09-11-2009
Registered!!

Re: 2001 Civic EX Sedan

anyone help please?
Old 09-12-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ebay is your best bet for parts that are cheap/ the lip will take some custom work to put on, usually a few screws and double sided tape. not too bad. foglights are pretty difficult to install cause you have to cut holes in the bumper and run all the wiring.
Old 09-12-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
ebay is your best bet for parts that are cheap/ the lip will take some custom work to put on, usually a few screws and double sided tape. not too bad. foglights are pretty difficult to install cause you have to cut holes in the bumper and run all the wiring.
for the fog lights if i went to a dealer, or to a auto place, to put them in etc. because on my bumper, there looks like theres holes that you can push out for the lights.

I also have another question about a new battery, what is the best battery out there for a 2001 honda civic, i am running a system with 2400 watt amps (2x 1200 watts 12 inch subs) and i don't remember the wattage on the speakers... but whats the absolute best battery, i am using a giant stinger capacitor.

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/pr...36&ParentID=18

pretty sure thats the one i am getting, somebody let me know best battery out there.

and also gear i love those taillights on your car, iso of some.
Old 09-12-2009
Registered!!

cloud2987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Optima Batteries.. The yellow tops Model 51. They are one of the best..

Last edited by cloud2987; 09-12-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-12-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cloud2987
Optima Batteries.. The yellow tops Model 51. They are one of the best..
i was looking at these but i hear there absolutely terrible.
Old 09-12-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

no optimas, they suck. my 51 yellowtop barely lasted a year and would always have low voltage problems. stick with lead acid battery. almost anything with high cca and reserve capacity would work.
Old 09-12-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

ive heard mixed reviews about optima yellows. every review has been either a) absolutely love them. or b) absolutely hate them. if it was up to me i wouldnt get it because any bad reviews of something always seems to turn me off unless its for a good reason.

as for your lights, the nicest lights for our cars are your stock lights with the front orange amber lens removed. theres a do it yourself tutorial in here on how to do it, and you can have the entire job done in probably 2 hours. thats all it took me.
Old 09-12-2009
Registered!!

alright thank you guys, can someone link me to a nice lip kit?
Old 09-12-2009
Premium Member

www.handaaccessories.com for the honda lip kit. the coupe :underbody spoiler kit" fits on a sedan just fine i have it.
Old 09-12-2009
Registered!!

alright thanks, wheres a good place to get those batteries you were talking about?
Old 09-12-2009
Premium Member

well anywhere really. you could go to honda and see what they have. if you want stock 51 size, you are limited to smaller batteries, but they still have upgrade 500cca version. i have an autocraft titanium from advance auto. just shop around and find something good. most batteries in the stores are lead-acid type and should be fine. just take care of it like checking the fluid levels every few months and topping off with distilled water when low, and keeping battery clean. it should last a long time.
Old 09-13-2009
Registered!!

so whats the biggest battery i can get ? 500cca?
Old 09-13-2009
Premium Member

yeah if you want to stick with group51 stock size
Old 09-13-2009
Registered!!

if you go bigger, will it fit where the current stock battery is?
and how much bigger can i go without messing with stuff?
Old 09-13-2009
Premium Member

well any size bigger will require modification. you cant use the stock battery trays or covers, and you may need a new tie down. physically other than that, there is alot of room and many people here have huge batteries.
Old 09-13-2009
Registered!!

any diy's for this modification?
Old 09-14-2009
Premium Member

well its really just removing all the oem trim pieces and stuffing in the battery. if you can fit the battery tie thats fine, otherwise they sell different ones at the auto store.
Old 09-14-2009
Registered!!

istnylac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot. I think it's funny too.
Works great! Thank you for posting this.
Old 09-15-2009
Registered!!

led tail lights? can someone link me to some nice ones, i love gears depo's but i cannot find them...

also the light thats led in whatever year civic for the 3rd black light.
Old 09-15-2009
Premium Member

search ebay for 05 civic tail and you should see em. you want the 3rd brake led assembly for 06+ civic EX COUPE (no dx/lx, no sedan) with red lens from honda dealer about $50. or get the clear lens version with more leds from 06+ civic hybrid.
Old 09-16-2009
Registered!!

are these the tail lights? and i dont have to take off rear bumper for lights right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TAIL-...=p4506.c0.m245
Old 09-16-2009
Premium Member

for the first time yes bumper must come off. theres a hidden bracket you cant remove while the bumper is on. but just leave it off so next time you can do it without removing bumper. and yea those are the right lights. the pnp connectors didnt work so great so i ended up splicing the wires. that turned out to be a mess when i went back to stock lol.
Old 02-07-2010
Registered!!

Milspec Blu2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, this is my first post, so about my car...

2K1 EX 5spd Manual, bought it in Germany brand new, drove it all over Europe at 100+ mph, top end is 132mph BTW. Alternator was the first part to fail, followed by the transmission, and my international warranty covered it all. New transmission went on in Italy, Alternator went on in Germany. Brought it back to the states in 2007 with 119K on it and the EGR valve went next, got it changed up in 2008, and now, I have no issues. At last. Aftermarket Stereo, Rockford Fosgate Amp and Sub, K&N cold air intake, Flowmaster Exhaust, and I can't wait to get out of Iraq and get home so I can see what she's got now!