Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

First Honda!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prodigy803 is an unknown quantity at this point
First Honda!

Ok so this is the first civic I ever owned and its a 99 CX HB. What I'm planning to do to it first is drop a body kit, throw a carbon fiber hood on it, black halo head lights and black tail lights and change out the side mirrors to G2's and throw some black Enkei rims on it. I'm not as experienced as most of you guys on doing most of this so I need some advice. I want to do the exterior first because the paints peeling off because of the sun out here in Hawaii, so don't judge me haha. Which body kit would look the best on a CX? I've been doing some research and some say the EVO 4 kit but I have my doubts. Also if anyone lives on the island of Oahu in Hawaii could you refer me to a good auto body shop that does great paint jobs for a decent price. The lowest I've heard so far is 4k and that's worth more than the car so you can tell why I'm a little hesitant on doing it. Any help would be great
Old 08-29-2009
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
Re: First Honda!

ok one thing is DONT do a body, kit...keep it stock with a type r front lip, jdm ek9 headlights, a oem style cf hood is +/- depending how u want the car to look and a nice champ white paint job...as for wheels look for something simple like for now go with the cookie cutter like rota slipstreams until you figure out what you really want. Don't go with an EVO 4 kit those just look cheesy and you get no respect in the car scene
Old 08-29-2009
Registered!!

prodigy803 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: First Honda!

hmm yeah ive been shopping around and i think im gonna go with a mugen lip kit because everyone goes with the type rs. any opinion on a charcoal paint job with a cf hood? white hbs are too common for my taste. im gonna look into the lights though see if they work out
Old 08-29-2009
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

Body kits are disgusting. DON'T DOO ITTTTT!

Old 08-29-2009
Registered!!

tancivic02 will become famous soon enoughtancivic02 will become famous soon enough

start researching "JDM Hondas". JDM OEM parts are parts only available on Hondas in Japan...which in turn make them a lot more rare / more expensive. The JDM OEM trend is the most dominant look in the honda tuner scene right now. the fast & the furious body kits and crazy wings are no longer what most people are into. for some good examples of what JDM OEM hondas look like, click on this link...

http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=541029

The only thing I can warn you about the JDM OEM scene is that those people can be very judemental towards other people's taste. A lot of them seem to think that if it isnt "JDM OEM" parts, then its considered "rice" and think you are below them. Do some more research, find a look that YOU like and stick to it. Its your car, not anyone elses. GOOD LUCK!