Check out the new goodies! - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2009   #1  
Registered!!

remmick69 will become famous soon enough
Check out the new goodies!

Well i got the dreaded P0420 code sooooo, replaced that **** with the DC race header and greddy evo... both USED and bought from (nyte_rider) the header did have the JET COAT on it and that **** is amazing!!!! check it!!!
Name:  DSC02508.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  81.6 KB
Name:  DSC02504.jpg
Size:  84.6 KB
Name:  DSC02506.jpg
Size:  60.1 KB
Name:  DSC02507.jpg
Size:  69.7 KB
Name:  DSC02509.jpg
Size:  79.2 KB
remmick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #2  
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Re: Check out the new goodies!

nice man!

hope the combo sounds good
LT2004ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #3  
Registered!!

The sound is good when im just driving normal....but when i get on it, kinda has that loud *** b16 scream to it... slight rasp...just to clarify too, i dont have a b16...lol
Old 04-24-2009   #4  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

very nice. jet coating ftw. if you have time, you can hit it with some metal polish to really bring out the shine.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009   #5  
Registered!!

thanks... ya im gonna try and polish it up tomorrow... gotta get both cars cleaned up....
Old 04-25-2009   #6  
Registered!!

mrplow123456 will become famous soon enoughmrplow123456 will become famous soon enough

Yeah I have that rasp as well. I have the ceramic DC Sports 4-2-1 headers without the jet coating but I think it has more to do with the honda 4 bangers. Mine goes away after about only 2 minutes of driving and has a deep throaty roar to it.

My headers are still coated in ceramic. Would getting them jet coat be of any benefit right now? I believe a nice cleaning is in order soon though, I have several spots of like rust on the headers, I don't believe that's what it is though. I also need to do something about the heat discoloration showing through the current coating. The headers are around 6 years old if not older.
mrplow123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009   #7  
Registered!!

whitealexander is an unknown quantity at this point

that's really nice mate.. and polishing it will even look great.[img]http://******************/images/e98741479a7b998f88b8f8c9f0b6b6f1.gif[/img]
whitealexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009   #8  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow123456 View Post
Yeah I have that rasp as well. I have the ceramic DC Sports 4-2-1 headers without the jet coating but I think it has more to do with the honda 4 bangers. Mine goes away after about only 2 minutes of driving and has a deep throaty roar to it.

My headers are still coated in ceramic. Would getting them jet coat be of any benefit right now? I believe a nice cleaning is in order soon though, I have several spots of like rust on the headers, I don't believe that's what it is though. I also need to do something about the heat discoloration showing through the current coating. The headers are around 6 years old if not older.
Yeah the jet coat keeps the temp down by like 150 degrees... and getting it jet coated, it will never get discolored...and it wont rust... i like it...my HP racing header would get hot as ****....this DC header doent get nearly as hot...
Old 04-25-2009   #9  
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah you can actually put your hand right above the header and not get burnt. jet coating really keeps the heat in. the original ceramic coating from dc is trash and will eventually peel and rust. the jet coating for a shorty header is around $150.
Old 04-26-2009   #10  
Registered!!

mrplow123456 will become famous soon enoughmrplow123456 will become famous soon enough

Maybe once I get a lil more money together i'll go for it then. I heard before that by using any coatings or thermo-wrap it could cause exhaust gases to get too hot. I think its BS but some of the explainations sound believable. The one guy said that it can cause the headers not to expand but the cat would and the bolts would just snap off.

Anybody know anything about it? I do know keeping the heat where it's supposed to be helps cool everything else down and allows for the air to move faster.
mrplow123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009   #11  
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

nice ride. I like the exhaust.
Tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009   #12  
Premium Member

yeah you want exhaust gas to stay hot so it keeps moving the right speed. keeping engine bay cold is a plus too. header wrap i agree is not a good idea. with jet coating, my header still expands and contracts, i can hear it pinging when i turn off the car. no problems for over a year but the coating doesnt stay as shiny as when you first get it. metal polish helps too. i think they say they coat the inside too, but its just not the shiny part, only the base coat that blocks heat.

Name:  dcjet1.jpg
Size:  43.1 KB

Name:  dcjet2.jpg
Size:  39.3 KB

Name:  dcjet3.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  28.8 KB