Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Check out the new goodies! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/317238-check-out-new-goodies.html)

remmick69 04-24-2009 06:17 PM

Check out the new goodies!

5 Attachment(s)
Well i got the dreaded P0420 code sooooo, replaced that shit with the DC race header and greddy evo... both USED and bought from (nyte_rider) the header did have the JET COAT on it and that shit is amazing!!!! check it!!!:rockon:
Attachment 110455
Attachment 110456
Attachment 110457
Attachment 110458
Attachment 110459

LT2004ever 04-24-2009 06:28 PM

Re: Check out the new goodies!

nice man! :tup:

hope the combo sounds good

remmick69 04-24-2009 06:31 PM

The sound is good when im just driving normal....but when i get on it, kinda has that loud ass b16 scream to it... slight rasp...just to clarify too, i dont have a b16...lol

gearbox 04-24-2009 08:57 PM

very nice. jet coating ftw. if you have time, you can hit it with some metal polish to really bring out the shine.

remmick69 04-25-2009 05:49 PM

thanks... ya im gonna try and polish it up tomorrow... gotta get both cars cleaned up....

mrplow123456 04-25-2009 07:39 PM

Yeah I have that rasp as well. I have the ceramic DC Sports 4-2-1 headers without the jet coating but I think it has more to do with the honda 4 bangers. Mine goes away after about only 2 minutes of driving and has a deep throaty roar to it.

My headers are still coated in ceramic. Would getting them jet coat be of any benefit right now? I believe a nice cleaning is in order soon though, I have several spots of like rust on the headers, I don't believe that's what it is though. I also need to do something about the heat discoloration showing through the current coating. The headers are around 6 years old if not older.

whitealexander 04-25-2009 08:29 PM

that's really nice mate.. and polishing it will even look great.http://******************/images/e98...c9f0b6b6f1.gif

remmick69 04-25-2009 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by mrplow123456 (Post 4408971)
Yeah I have that rasp as well. I have the ceramic DC Sports 4-2-1 headers without the jet coating but I think it has more to do with the honda 4 bangers. Mine goes away after about only 2 minutes of driving and has a deep throaty roar to it.

My headers are still coated in ceramic. Would getting them jet coat be of any benefit right now? I believe a nice cleaning is in order soon though, I have several spots of like rust on the headers, I don't believe that's what it is though. I also need to do something about the heat discoloration showing through the current coating. The headers are around 6 years old if not older.

Yeah the jet coat keeps the temp down by like 150 degrees... and getting it jet coated, it will never get discolored...and it wont rust... i like it...my HP racing header would get hot as shit....this DC header doent get nearly as hot...

gearbox 04-25-2009 09:30 PM

yeah you can actually put your hand right above the header and not get burnt. jet coating really keeps the heat in. the original ceramic coating from dc is trash and will eventually peel and rust. the jet coating for a shorty header is around $150.

mrplow123456 04-26-2009 01:39 AM

Maybe once I get a lil more money together i'll go for it then. I heard before that by using any coatings or thermo-wrap it could cause exhaust gases to get too hot. I think its BS but some of the explainations sound believable. The one guy said that it can cause the headers not to expand but the cat would and the bolts would just snap off.

Anybody know anything about it? I do know keeping the heat where it's supposed to be helps cool everything else down and allows for the air to move faster.

Tragedy 04-26-2009 08:51 AM

nice ride. I like the exhaust.

gearbox 04-26-2009 11:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
yeah you want exhaust gas to stay hot so it keeps moving the right speed. keeping engine bay cold is a plus too. header wrap i agree is not a good idea. with jet coating, my header still expands and contracts, i can hear it pinging when i turn off the car. no problems for over a year but the coating doesnt stay as shiny as when you first get it. metal polish helps too. i think they say they coat the inside too, but its just not the shiny part, only the base coat that blocks heat.

Attachment 110433

Attachment 110434

Attachment 110435