Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Had a bit of an accident

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008
just a man with a civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light
Had a bit of an accident

So last night i was coming home from my bro in laws parents house. i had to pull a U-Turn at a light. i was sitting in the turn lane waiting for traffic to slow down. What i didnt see was the 8 inch high median right next to me. as soon as there was a brake in the traffic, i hit the gas in hopes to make it. my car jumped the median and got hung up. i was stuck for about 2 seconds until my wheels finally caught. when i got loose, i tried to complete the turn and due to our cars under steering, i hit the curb on the other side of the road.

i pulled over right away to check my car out. nothing was leaking, and the only damage that i could tell was curb rash on my bumper. i figured everything was fine and drove home. on the way i noticed a scraping sound and a lack of steering. i figured i broke or bent my axle. so all i had to do was make it home.

when i got home i pulled into the garage, put it up on jack stands, pulled the bumper off along with the wheels, and removed my struts. i found a slightly bent axle on the passenger side, bent stock rim, dented down pipe, and very small oil leak.

i fixed the leak and replaced the stock rim.

the scraping sound was from my wheel well. when i hit the curb, my wheel well broke off and was dragging the ground. no problem with that, i just put it back on.

the axle wasnt in too bad of shape, but i will be replacing it next weekend.

i put everything back together and drove my car down the road. nothing was awkward. the steering problem was because i threw my car out of alignment. it was not my axle affecting my steering, but i will still be replacing it.
Old 11-30-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Had a bit of an accident

Old 11-30-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

we don't need pics of everyone's accidents...

but that sucks though! was it a u turn on a two lane road?

only goes to show that if you're on a busy street, it's probably better to go around the block than 'flip-a-b!+ch'
Old 11-30-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by speedfoos
i would have taken pics but there wasnt enough damage. the only thing i coulda shown was the bent rim. the axle wasnt bad enough to notice in a pic so i though itd be kinda pointless. lol

ill try to get some pics today
Originally Posted by manahoonie
we don't need pics of everyone's accidents...

but that sucks though! was it a u turn on a two lane road?

only goes to show that if you're on a busy street, it's probably better to go around the block than 'flip-a-b!+ch'
it was actually a 4 lane road, 2 lanes in each direction. i would have made it if i knew i was so close to the median. but because it was so close i couldnt see it. at least the people were nice enough to slow down.

edit: this happend on black friday.